• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wolf Teaching Facility/Team

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Well it just depends on what you mean by teaching. I'd say they teach to the degree of playing matches against each other, until they get better. Which is how I figured we would teach somethings with.

.Stormchaser

Smash Cadet
well, you can teach however you want. lets say someone doesnt know much about brawl, you bring them into a match and show them what to do, and how to do it. you help them practice and all that stuff too.
Which is what I need desperately. I'm one of those idiots that swears at their TV because I upB right below the lip of final destination, hit it, then bounce off it and die. Curse you, final destination!

Ratatat

Smash Apprentice
Name:Ratatta
Mains-Wolf, DeDeDe, Samus, Marth
Fc- 5112-3112-7015
Sections you are applying for- student?

:D

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
Could have him play against a few of the teachers and have them decide if his playing competence is good enough for him to be a teacher.

Might as well figure out a way for students to become normal members for later down the road anyways.

Ratatat

Smash Apprentice
i think im alright with wolf, but i could always be better and am completely open to new advice. Do you have a friend code/wi-fi? and you can see where my skill level is?

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
i need to know how/when teachers will teach the students about things before I consider joining.

Is it going to be wifi battles with instant messengers open?

Gakuun

Smash Rookie
this mean ur cutting 'norm' members from the roster?
We need sigs too mang, and can i request a black/grey one

DarkWarCloud

Smash Journeyman
thanks indnkid209 of planetrenders for my sig.
Could have him play against a few of the teachers and have them decide if his playing competence is good enough for him to be a teacher.

Might as well figure out a way for students to become normal members for later down the road anyways.
he wants to be a student.
oh, and if a student feels he is good enough to compete with the better members, he can become a teacher, or a normal member.

i think im alright with wolf, but i could always be better and am completely open to new advice. Do you have a friend code/wi-fi? and you can see where my skill level is?
well, i'm not knowledgable when it comes to knowing if someone is good or not. my opinion will be biased towards if i beat you or not, because i can't pay attention to you while im playing, ill be focusing on myself.

i need to know how/when teachers will teach the students about things before I consider joining.

Is it going to be wifi battles with instant messengers open?
however which way the teacher and student decide.

this mean ur cutting 'norm' members from the roster?
We need sigs too mang, and can i request a black/grey one
no, norms can keep their 6th section.
oh, and ill get on the sig tomarrow.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
hey ratatat since u live in the dallas area maybe we can meet up somewhere and share our wolf strategies and techniques

.Stormchaser

Smash Cadet
well, i'm not knowledgable when it comes to knowing if someone is good or not. my opinion will be biased towards if i beat you or not, because i can't pay attention to you while im playing, ill be focusing on myself.
What if replays were sent to you for study? I'm just bringing up a good point that someone could send replays to show their skill, I suppose.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Well it just depends since replys doesn't really show much skill but it can help teach some basic things. If anything, my students are getting vids to watch, matches against me and their fellow students, as well as encouragement to partake in tournaments as well. Not much wifi encouragement but still learn to adapt to it, as well as homework assignments. ANd im not kidding either lol. What I was thinking was how about each teacher is assigned to a specific students? That way we can kind of sort out all the students in a organized way. If im going to teach someone to play, they are going to learn how to play, and then develop their own style which is another thing that I encourage.

.Stormchaser

Smash Cadet
Style eh... Well the only thing that makes my style recognisable is that I jump a lot and I avoid special attacks like the plague... and this is with any character I play as...

But anyway. Personally I guess it could be organised that way, but I myself would prefer to have more than one teacher to A. give me more help, and B. so I have someone online more often to tutor me. I'm a bit of a spoiled brat though, so you can ignore that I guess :laugh:

DarkWarCloud

Smash Journeyman
thanks indnkid209 of planetrenders for my sig.
What if replays were sent to you for study? I'm just bringing up a good point that someone could send replays to show their skill, I suppose.
not really.. that could maybe be used, im not sure though.
what i was thinking is the teacher could start a match over wifi, and he could discuss how to do things, why to do things, etc, and show them when to do them.

Well it just depends since replys doesn't really show much skill but it can help teach some basic things. If anything, my students are getting vids to watch, matches against me and their fellow students, as well as encouragement to partake in tournaments as well. Not much wifi encouragement but still learn to adapt to it, as well as homework assignments. ANd im not kidding either lol. What I was thinking was how about each teacher is assigned to a specific students? That way we can kind of sort out all the students in a organized way. If im going to teach someone to play, they are going to learn how to play, and then develop their own style which is another thing that I encourage.
w/e you want to do. its up to the teachers and the students.

peanutplanters

Smash Rookie
Id like to apply as a student, possibly 1on1. Also I can help develop any website or other media needed for the community.

The best place to reach me is on AIM: thepeanutsays

Clevr

Smash Apprentice
I need to learn how to recover.

I love everything about Wolf, except his recovery. I'm so bad at it, that it's restricting me from maining him. If I could master this recovery, I would main him.

Help me!

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Yea sure no problem. Just pm me with a time that you would like to together and I'll talk with you about it and maybe doe a some test with him on wifi to make sure you've got the hang of it.

Tyr_God_of_war

Smash Cadet
Name:Tyr
Mains: Wolf/Marth
Fc: 4983-4628-5658
Sections- 4 (student)

I can beat my sparring partner most of the time, but we aren't that good. I have to play wi-fi or practice against level-3s. I think I need to work on my spacing and technical abilities. And I will apologize in advance for any inactivity I will have. I will be traveling and I might forget to post here. Or I might just be plain forgetful. And I lurk more then post. So, yeah I am sorry.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Name:Tyr
Mains: Wolf/Marth
Fc: 4983-4628-5658
Sections- 4 (student)

I can beat my sparring partner most of the time, but we aren't that good. I have to play wi-fi or practice against level-3s. I think I need to work on my spacing and technical abilities. And I will apologize in advance for any inactivity I will have. I will be traveling and I might forget to post here. Or I might just be plain forgetful. And I lurk more then post. So, yeah I am sorry.
Thats cool man, I can understnad. BTW start practicing on lvl 9 if you want to build your speed up and some technical skill. after that I'd say practice with 7-9, mostly 8 since it seems a bit more real than lvl 9's.

NeonWolf

Smash Rookie
Name-Shawn
Username-NeonWolf
Application-Student(i wanna improve so much more lol)
Mains-Wolf,Fox,Falco,Meta Knight,Snake
Wolf Playstyle-Camping/Erractic-Agressive

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
Name: SKTR
Username: Skater Trainer
Section: 6- Normal Member
Mains: Wolf, Falco, Diddy Kong
Secondary: Fox, Olimar, Snake, Metaknight, R.O.B, Dedede, Mr Game & Watch, Marth
Wolf Playstyle: Current (B-air is my best friend, spacing with f-smash/laser, d-smash/spike kills, u-air/u-smash juggling, smash boosting etc)

I'm a decent wolf, but I need some help, mostly the basics like SHing every time when I RAR b-air and pivot b-air (I put jump to L-shoulder for faster jumps for wall of wolf, but have trouble SHing it.)

And yes I can play around with some characters, some better than others, like my g&w and marth are pretty bad.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Name: SKTR
Username: Skater Trainer
Section: 6- Normal Member
Mains: Wolf, Falco, Diddy Kong
Secondary: Fox, Olimar, Snake, Metaknight, R.O.B, Dedede, Mr Game & Watch, Marth
Wolf Playstyle: Current (B-air is my best friend, spacing with f-smash/laser, d-smash/spike kills, u-air/u-smash juggling, smash boosting etc)

I'm a decent wolf, but I need some help, mostly the basics like SHing every time when I RAR b-air and pivot b-air (I put jump to L-shoulder for faster jumps for wall of wolf, but have trouble SHing it.)

And yes I can play around with some characters, some better than others, like my g&w and marth are pretty bad.
Yea thats cool. I can most likely help you with that problem with this post:

I messed around with the controls abit, and SHinh with the L isn't to difficult, just a different rythm. If you lighty press down or simply tap it(not to hard) you should be able to execute a successful Short Hop. Try it a few times in training until you've pretty much got it down and then start throwing in bairs, besides, empty short hops are good practices and mindgames(Not kidding either, since I may even take an hour or more to perfect something with wolf). After you've got the feel of it, start moving left and right by just SHing until your able to throw in Bairs, and full jumped Bairs into the mix. It'll take some time, so find a good day or time to practice(took me a good week of practicing wavedashing till I finally got it).

This post also applies to other wolf students that may be trying to increase their basic skills. BTW guys, in order to make sure that we have some good training going, im going to begin making training lessons and placing them on youtube for you guys to help out. It'll range from basics, to advanced, to mastery and to development of your own playstyle.

Fev

Smash Cadet
Name: Fevenis
Mains: Wolf, Jigglypuff, Link
Fc: 2750 2182 4905
Sections you are applying for: Student

I've been playing Wolf as my main since day 1, I do fairly average at tournaments, usually place some where in the middle unless I get horrible match ups. I'd love to join a clan that can't help point of my flaws, give me suggestions on what to do or change, and to teach me new techniques.

Rick-E

Smash Cadet
Name: RickE
Mains: Wolf
Fc: 4210-3646-4674
Sections: I don't really know how good my wolf is compared to other people so I don't know if I would be a normal or a student. Im free for most of today to play wi-fi for anyone that wants to examine my playing skill. I'm always free to any tips and tricks, Thanks.

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
Yea thats cool. I can most likely help you with that problem with this post:

I messed around with the controls abit, and SHinh with the L isn't to difficult, just a different rythm. If you lighty press down or simply tap it(not to hard) you should be able to execute a successful Short Hop. Try it a few times in training until you've pretty much got it down and then start throwing in bairs, besides, empty short hops are good practices and mindgames(Not kidding either, since I may even take an hour or more to perfect something with wolf). After you've got the feel of it, start moving left and right by just SHing until your able to throw in Bairs, and full jumped Bairs into the mix. It'll take some time, so find a good day or time to practice(took me a good week of practicing wavedashing till I finally got it).

This post also applies to other wolf students that may be trying to increase their basic skills. BTW guys, in order to make sure that we have some good training going, im going to begin making training lessons and placing them on youtube for you guys to help out. It'll range from basics, to advanced, to mastery and to development of your own playstyle.
I did that training a while back, but lost the ability to do it constantly, but now I have it around 90% again.

Star_Wolfx

Smash Rookie
Name: Star_Wolfx
Mains- Wolf, Mario, Ice Climbers, Pokemon Trainer
Fc- 4210-3646-2225
Sections you are applying for- Normal member

I don't know how good i am compared to other players. i think i'm a decent wolf player and would like to try playing against some of the better players.

karaku32

Smash Rookie
Name: Karaku32
Mains- Wolf, Lucrio, sonic, Snake, Ike & Shiek\Zelda
FC-Add Monday
Sections you are applying for- Student

I'm not a bad Wolf Player, i just need someone to help Me master those techniques i cant do, i can Beat fairly good people (mainly pit players who think they are tougher than everyone else)

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
Name: Cease Tick (aka USER)
Mains: Kirby, G&W, Wolf
FC: 0001-2965-2551
Sections you are applying for: 4, I guess

I don't know how good I am, I need to play someone

Sofa0990

Smash Rookie
Name: sofa0990
Mains: wolf, Marth, any other
FC: 3952-8521-1382
Sections applying for: student, although im not sure how good i am in relation to other players because i cant find people on the 'with anyone' online brawls

Top Bottom