• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The World Ends with You

UberBob

Smash Apprentice
I'm really surprised nobody has created a topic on this game yet. I can truly say that this is an amazing game. I find every aspect of it innovative and fun. The battle system is really challenging and rewarding when it's done right! The story is clever and VERY strange and unusual. The art style is very cool! This game is definately the best DS game I have ever played. If you are considering of getting it, you should.

Was anyone else blown away by this game, or am I the only one?

FootFace

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I did make a thread about this, but it was asking if it was any good. I was unsure about it at first, but now I will get it as soon as possible. Can anyone tell me how the battle system works?

UberBob

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I did make a thread about this, but it was asking if it was any good. I was unsure about it at first, but now I will get it as soon as possible. Can anyone tell me how the battle system works?
There are two characters which you control at the same time. You control one on the bottom screen using the stylus in different ways to execute different attacks. On top screen you have to use the control pad or A,B,X,Y to pull different moves. In addition, there are 3 cards at the top screen, and if you guess the symbols for all of them, you get a special "fusion" attack that both of them perform. I know it sounds complicated and challenging, and it is, but once you get the hang of it, it's tremendous fun!

smashguy62

Smash Rookie
one of the best and weirdest games for the ds i think if games were like this the ds would have sold 3 times more and it already sold a whole bunch

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I'm really surprised nobody has created a topic on this game yet. I can truly say that this is an amazing game. I find every aspect of it innovative and fun. The battle system is really challenging and rewarding when it's done right! The story is clever and VERY strange and unusual. The art style is very cool! This game is definately the best DS game I have ever played. If you are considering of getting it, you should.

Was anyone else blown away by this game, or am I the only one?
I agree with most everything you said with the exclusion of the story. Tell me. Have you ever read a fanfiction? It's a safe bet to say that every single person who writes fanfiction has written a story along the lines of 'O hay. U guise gotta play my game or u die! LOL!!11!'. Square was pitifully unoriginal with this, as it would only take a ten minute romp around fanfiction.net to find a story with the same plot.

However, I do love the game. It's fun, innovative, has good graphics, and while not original, it's a good story. I recommend buying it, FootFace.

Zabimaru123

Smash Rookie
I was blown away by this game. I haven't beaten it yet but i'm on Joshua Day4. It is simply amazing. The art, combat system, tin pin, characters, and especially the music. They're all awesome

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Why'd you make another thread about this, in the Pool Room no less?

And this may seem random, but are you non-japanese?

UberBob

Smash Apprentice
Why'd you make another thread about this, in the Pool Room no less?

And this may seem random, but are you non-japanese?
1. This is the only thread I have made about this game and it's in the Light House, not the Pool Room.

2. No, I'm not japenese o_o

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Not asking you, asking the guy that posted before me.

He made a thread about this in the pool room. And if he isn't japanese he's one of those stupid idiots who want to be japanese, but in the process fail to see the bad things about Japan.

~rh

Smash Lord
I love this game. This is one of those VERY underestimated titles that never gets to see the light of the mainstream gaming community, at it's really a shame.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Actually, it seems to be one of those games that struck a cord with the more hardcore gamers. Pretty much all of these have heard of it and most likely most have played it.

It's getting excellent reviews, cover stories galore, and is all over the internet. It's not going to be like Halo, but its going to be big.

Beat

Smash Ace
Dead thread is dead. C'mon, there has to be a few more TWEWY fans in the smash community.

Thoughts on favorite characters? Mine is (obviously) Beat. Also...

I agree with most everything you said with the exclusion of the story. Tell me. Have you ever read a fanfiction? It's a safe bet to say that every single person who writes fanfiction has written a story along the lines of 'O hay. U guise gotta play my game or u die! LOL!!11!'. Square was pitifully unoriginal with this, as it would only take a ten minute romp around fanfiction.net to find a story with the same plot.

However, I do love the game. It's fun, innovative, has good graphics, and while not original, it's a good story. I recommend buying it, FootFace.
Original storylines are tough work nowadays. The game's plot somewhat reminded me of Bleach to an extent. However, to say they die if they lose is a bit unfair. They remain dead. Although Square did a so-so job with the game's overall story, they did do one (of many things) right: character development.

Every character has a twist in their back story or personality. Just when you have them pegged in their slots (that's what she said), TWEWY reveals yet another side to both the protagonists and antagonists, further revealed by the secret reports. I haven't played an RPG, action or otherwise, that had me investing so much in the characters.

heartless_pit

Smash Cadet
This game just proves that Square enix isnt running outta ideas, i give this game a 8.9
Its fun and keeps you interested straight to the end. The combat is fun and the attack customisation makes you want to train and keep doing it till its full power !
The Music in this game is spectacular compared to other ds games, it actually sounds like music instead of you poliphonic sounds you ussauly get.
And even voice acting at the start and end cutscenes and little "Yeahs !" and "whats !?" keep you knowing who is talking and make you kno how the character is.
This game has provent he DS to be more than another generation handheld, they utilize it perfectely.
I mean WHAT ELSE are you going to do if you have to screens ? puts a map ther? maybe ther stats ? NO you do what square does best and uses everything to maximize anything !
Battle system genious, i mean it, annoying at first pwnage at end. Lemme explain what i did, i had it ther i did auto play, then i took it off started to press left and right occasionally, when i got joshua i tried to multi task by sneaking glances to check on him, and by the time i had beat, i actually hit the combos i needed ! Hard but fun to use once you get the hang of it.
Graphics yes ther sprites but if this was 3D could you imagine how much things would be left out ? I say appropriate for the game, and the cutscenes and dialouge parts where fantastic, i found myself drawing fan art after i finished the game !
Length and game story. Good game length and story was smart and kept you wanting more, i clocked the game in 2 weeks, but a good well spent two weeks. AND even after you complete the game thiers alot more !

Gameplay-Good battles, good adventure field (or world ?) 8
Story-Fantastic keeps you wanting more and more but left you annoyed alittle. 7
Graphics-Sprites but good enough for the game. 7
Sound-Fantastic best DS music ever ! 10

Overall-Good game kept you wanting more very unique and has alot to offer in such a small -package. 8.9

Royblazer

Smash Apprentice
I got this game a couple weeks ago. Wonderful game, just wonderful. I'm still trying to get 100%, I've only done the Noise list 100%, Item Collection is next, and then Pins. But I'm taking a break to play Mystery Dungeon 2, which I neglected when I got addicted TWEWY, haha.

Top Bottom