• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The worst of times...

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Well, bringing this from... Nevermind.

Not too long ago, I got off of FFA while playing as Bowser for a majority of 42 KOs (a lot of matches) with Bowser, and going through an arduous ordeal n short order.

Not so much the fact I was losing a lot, as opposed to how, that has me peeved. Ever been constantly, in a sense, tag-teamed by two opponents in FFA? Well, that happened. It frustrated me pretty badly and I managed to grab a couple of wins before I left.

What bugs me is the way that P2 and P3 consistantly did this for a majority of the matches as if on a vendetta. Though I am calm, the first match feels as if it was five minutes ago.

Don't tell me not to take this personally, I play Bowser on the OFFA scene alot, and I have never been double-teamed this consistently before.

So, what is your story?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Share stories? Of online FFA's?

Wutt.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
this should be in the Online discussion subforum.

....I picked Ganondorf in VS. ANYONE and the other 3 players, by chance, chose zelda, toon link, and link. They all started teaming up on me, and I didn't feel very loved at all.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Strange. I was Bowser in VS. ANYONE and these Mario, Luigi, and Peach players ganged up on me.

No love here, either.

M.K

Level 55
I always do poorly in Free-For-Alls because I'm so used to playing 1 v. 1 that I get blindsided by other characters.
However, the Brawl AI is so poorly programmed that it always goes after the human player first. I mean, it really sucks when 3 bowsers are running on the SAME path towards you and NONE of them are hitting each other >_>.
And it especially sucks when the human gets knocked out early because the CPUs apparently don't know how the hell to fight each other. Seriously, it takes like.....4 minutes for them to hit each other, and it's a jab. >_<

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I wanted a serious fight. And all i get is a taunt party
then it lags like ****
LOOL

Taunt parties are a waste of precious time... What does Brawl have to do with constantly crouching, crawling, taunting, jumping characters? Sad thing is, if you attack, you get ganged up by everyone in the game.

Hiiiiiii

Smash Cadet
Fighting serious on Wifi is pointless... there's items... there's lag... there's spam...

That's the only reason I do taunt parties

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Fighting serious on Wifi is pointless... there's items... there's lag... there's spam...

That's the only reason I do taunt parties
Wifi, in itself, is pointless.

Unless you only do Basic Brawls, the items can be removed.
Lag can be found on HDTVs also, not just Wifi.
Spam can be found ANYWHERE, it's up to you to find a way around it.

Just play Wifi when you have nothing else.

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
Meta-Kirby said:
However, the Brawl AI is so poorly programmed that it always goes after the human player first.
I actually always figured that was on purpose. I mean it kind of makes sense, keeping the player engaged.

Top Bottom