• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Worst Smash Character so far

MBreeto

Smash Ace
Now reading some of these, I'm getting a little annoyed. Seriously, if there was no tier list, a lot of these answers would be different.

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
Ah yes, forgot about 64 and Melee.

64: Jigglypuff
Melee: Pichu or Roy, both horrible copy cats. At least Ganon in Melee had a decent recovery.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Why people think Pichu is worse than Kirby, I'll never understand. Have you tried to do any combos as Kirby? Ever? If you haven't, I suggest you give it a shot while I laugh at you. Better yet, I'll go watch SSB:Metagame, where the only true combo any of the Kirbys pulls of is a series of utilts that probably should have been DI'd out of. Then I can laugh my *** off, because those are the best Kirby players in the world, and even they only have the option of perfectly punishing five consecutive mistakes.

Kirby had no projectile (copy abilities and Final Cutter really don't count, since Copy required you to get in range and Final Cutter was punishable and easy to avoid), a poor approach, mediocre KO ability (Kirbycides excluded, since they required you to get one KO off beforehand without dying), next to zero combo ability, a subpar edgeguard, and a semi-decent recovery. He was flat-out BAD.

Brawl Falcon isn't as bad as Kirby, but he's pretty close.

Best Record: Falco (so Far, Falco is the only character to be top tier 2 games straight, beating not only everybody, but the only Character with that good a record)
lol, play more 64. Fox was easily the second best in the game. Anyone who tells you otherwise probably doesn't play much.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
I'd say Link is the Worst character in the Smash History because hes always been at the bottom of the tier lists...

But I'd say the worst character in Brawl is Ganondorf... CF at least has some strategies and AT's but Ganondorf has nothing...

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
WOW like 5 people said olimar was the worst smash character *ever*?!?

He is not even the worst in brawl, how would he be the worst ever.

I vote pichu for hurting himself.

Scott!

Smash Lord
It has to be Pichu. Falcon at least has the dignity to not hurt himself. I shouldn't be punished for using a move correctly. Pichu hurts itself just by doing moves. If it were someone like Lucario who hurt himself to gain an advantage at a risk, then it might be worthwhile, but Pichu... no. Pichu is worst.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Why people think Pichu is worse than Kirby, I'll never understand. Have you tried to do any combos as Kirby? Ever? If you haven't, I suggest you give it a shot while I laugh at you. Better yet, I'll go watch SSB:Metagame, where the only true combo any of the Kirbys pulls of is a series of utilts that probably should have been DI'd out of. Then I can laugh my *** off, because those are the best Kirby players in the world, and even they only have the option of perfectly punishing five consecutive mistakes.

Kirby had no projectile (copy abilities and Final Cutter really don't count, since Copy required you to get in range and Final Cutter was punishable and easy to avoid), a poor approach, mediocre KO ability (Kirbycides excluded, since they required you to get one KO off beforehand without dying), next to zero combo ability, a subpar edgeguard, and a semi-decent recovery. He was flat-out BAD.

Brawl Falcon isn't as bad as Kirby, but he's pretty close.

lol, play more 64. Fox was easily the second best in the game. Anyone who tells you otherwise probably doesn't play much.
THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS.

Melee Kirby was downright horrible, and I'm so happy that he got buffed in Brawl.

Yeah, I didn't play remotely competitively back when I played Melee (need to get another copy of that game...) but even I knew that Kirby was just horrible. The only thing that he could do to me was a Kirbycide on the off chance that I was inane enough to stand next to a ledge playing a Kirby and let him eat me.

I'm not sure who I'd vote for worst, but it definitely isn't Pichu; melee Kirby is worse.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
How can you insult Pichu by saying he was worse than Melee Kirby?! I feel sorry for the little guy... But yeah:
64: Link
Melee: Kirby
Brawl: Link again

Overall: Link. The no recovery worth mentioning thing kills him.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
For me I'd say melee Kirby. pichu can be pretty nasty if trained with those combos

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
I'd say Link is the Worst character in the Smash History because hes always been at the bottom of the tier lists...

But I'd say the worst character in Brawl is Ganondorf... CF at least has some strategies and AT's but Ganondorf has nothing...
link was underrated in ssb64 though i think he could have been in the low tier pretty easily he had decent combos he was pretty strong and hard to ko (easy to gimp though)

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Worst in Smash 64: Link, or Jigglypuff.

Worst in Melee: Pichu.

Worst in Brawl: Pikmin & Olimar. Friggin' hard to control, and useless without Pikmins.
Jigglypuff is nowhere near the worst character in the game, and olimar!?

This seems like a joke post to me.

N64: Definately Link. At least Samus had power and Jigglypuff had that awesome recovery...

Melee: Pichu. Even the developers threw Pichu in as a joke!

Brawl: Falcon, for obvious reasons.
Once again, jigglypuff is nowhere near the worst character in 64.

Ah yes, forgot about 64 and Melee.

64: Jigglypuff
Melee: Pichu or Roy, both horrible copy cats. At least Ganon in Melee had a decent recovery.
Jigglypuff...

And roy, while bad, is not completelly horrible. And ganondorf is pretty kick-*** in melee....

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
64: Link - You have to give some credit. 64 is really balanced compared to Brawl and Melee. I would rather play Link vs Pikachu in 64 then Mewtwo vs Fox in Melee

Melee: Mewtwo - Pichu is bad, but Mewtwo is just outright awkward. He's light, his kill moves (except grab throws) are slow, and he has small hitboxes in his moves.

Brawl: Jigglypuff - I just went there. Falcon at least has speed and isn't short ranged. Jigglypuff has short range, can't really combo, has the same bad priority AND is the lightest character in the game.

Overall: Link - Yeah, Link was the worst character in 64. He received a big boost in Melee, but still had problems against amongst better players, and then in Brawl, they unjustifiably nerfed him to be worse than the 64 version.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
That's the problem with the Brawl Tier List. As Smash gets more and more characters, the list gets less and less accurate because the individual characters' metagames don't evolve as fast.

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
Brawl Link, PT and Olimar are not the worst characters.

Olimar has a great grab and good throws, the down throw can be followed up with so many things, a very damaging projectile, good aerials, loads of disjointed hitboxes, and he CAN recover (if your on the edge he can knock you off with a purple pikmin, and can stage spike you with his recovery if you stay on the edge, or he can not do anything, wait for you to clamber onto the edge, expecting an Up B, then Olimar can use his Up B and recover. If he has a purple pikmin at the front of his line and is in a good position, Olimar has a decent chance of recovering).

Link has good range, good power, good projectiles, he's a bit heavy, and has a very long range zair. Link's major problem is his recovery, which is easy to gimp. If you can't hit Link, you can't gimp him, with those zair's, projectiles and disjointed hit boxes, that may be a challenge.

I agree that PT's fatigue system is complete crap, but good players will be able to get around this weakness, and then it's a tougher than average battle against the opponent who has to deal with 3 different characters. Also, Ivysaur can stop edge hoggers with a razor leaf.

Although I may not be the best smasher on the boards, or the most knowledgable, please do not disregard my opinion due to my post count, and please actually THINK about what I had to say.

z3r0C0oL

Smash Apprentice
i think the worst character introduced in Smash has to be King Dedede.

Not based on tier, weight, chaingrabs, or any of that crap.

I think he is just a crappy character.

A giant penguin with a beanie , wearing a robe, with a mallet, who throws lil kirby looking things at you :/

Pretty freaking lame if you ask me.

Of course, he ended up being a top tier character because Sakurai made sure his creations were top/high tier. After all, he decided how every move in the game would end up being like frame by frame.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
most definitely Pichu although captain Falcon is also quite terrible in my opinion.

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
SSB64 and Melee: I never played either on a competitive scale, so I won't say anything.

As for brawl. I want to say Sonic or captain Falcon. Captain falcon would probably win because his only real pro doesn't often help in a real match (Indescribable awesomeness). Even then, I don't want to really merit him with the worst character award. I really think every character in brawl has a few cool character traits...

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
i think the worst character introduced in Smash has to be King Dedede.

Not based on tier, weight, chaingrabs, or any of that crap.

I think he is just a crappy character.

A giant penguin with a beanie , wearing a robe, with a mallet, who throws lil kirby looking things at you :/

Pretty freaking lame if you ask me.

Of course, he ended up being a top tier character because Sakurai made sure his creations were top/high tier. After all, he decided how every move in the game would end up being like frame by frame.

Wut Nao :)

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
64: Link - You have to give some credit. 64 is really balanced compared to Brawl and Melee. I would rather play Link vs Pikachu in 64 then Mewtwo vs Fox in Melee
Absolutly. Link is worthless in 64.

Melee: Mewtwo - Pichu is bad, but Mewtwo is just outright awkward. He's light, his kill moves (except grab throws) are slow, and he has small hitboxes in his moves.
Sorry, Mewtwo isn't a good character, but he ***** Pichu 5 ways to Sunday. Pichu and Kirby are the worst in that game, not Mewtwo. His "kill moves" are mostly airs, and his D-Smash, which isn't all that slow. If you can't play him, that's fine. Go watch Taj... Awkward yes. The worst? Not quite.

Brawl: Jigglypuff - I just went there. Falcon at least has speed and isn't short ranged. Jigglypuff has short range, can't really combo, has the same bad priority AND is the lightest character in the game.
I play Brawl casually, so I don't care one way or the other really.

Overall: Link - Yeah, Link was the worst character in 64. He received a big boost in Melee, but still had problems against amongst better players, and then in Brawl, they unjustifiably nerfed him to be worse than the 64 version.
You have a very good point sir. Brawl Link is even more worthless than the 64 version. Had to make way for MK...

PillowPants

Smash Apprentice
Pichus range was jus bad, brawl link is so underated, and ganon is just a beast. i like melee kirby, so the wors i guese IS pichu

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Sigh...there's alot of Pichu hate in this thread. Oh well.

I'm gonna have to say that Lucario was a huge letdown for me. I've tried my darndest to get good with him, but all to no avail. His biggest disadvantage in a serious match is that he has to be battle ravaged in order to eliminate his opponent. This feature was added to him...why? No other character in Brawl history had to deal with that.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Absolutly. Link is worthless in 64.
Agreed. Everyone was a God in Smash 64 with the exception of Link. The only problems he had were the following:

1. His jump range was absolutely laughable. I mean c'mon it was pathetic especially his Up-B.

2. Everyone on that game with the exception of Samus and Link grabbing frames speeds were ridiculously fast.

----------------

Other than that, Link was a pretty good juggler. Thank goodness he doesn't suck anymore. He's one of my best characters in Brawl. ^^

Top Bottom