• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Worst Smash Character so far

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
OKAY! stop posting the obvious people. I'm going to make a list of what is (probably) correct, and people can argue it, but support your answers with proof.

OVERALL Link

SMASH 64 Samus. Link was 2nd worst, but Samus was bottom. ask any good 64 player.

MELEE Kirby. Pichu is arguably 2nd worst, but is in all more usable (note: self damage doesn't mean much). The reason why Kirby is and wazs higher than Pichu is because their are a lot of Kirby mains, drawn in by Kirby's cuteness

Brawl C. Falcon and Ganon. I personally would just leave it at that, not getting into which of the two were worse.
this thread isn't about who you don't like, or who you're bad with, or who is worst represented (there's already a thread for that). this is who is, in fact the worst. I'm quoting the list, and perhaps this can become a debate over some characters

(last time I ever post in the GBD. seriously guys, play Melee)

MBreeto

Smash Ace
^ didn't Chu use him? I don't know about tournies, but i'm pretty sure he uses pichu sometimes

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Technically Chu Dat's secondary is Pikachu but he did use Pichu. just scroll back in this thread - I had vids of him as Pichu. and Ky, how does the fact that nobody used him relate to him being bad? There aren't too many Donkey Kong or Y. Link mains but they maintain a reasonable tier.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Why do people make posts like that? (though I have to agree)

OKAY! stop posting the obvious people. I'm going to make a list of what is (probably) correct, and people can argue it, but support your answers with proof.

OVERALL Link

SMASH 64 Samus. Link was 2nd worst, but Samus was bottom. ask any good 64 player.

MELEE Kirby. Pichu is arguably 2nd worst, but is in all more usable (note: self damage doesn't mean much). The reason why Kirby is and wazs higher than Pichu is because their are a lot of Kirby mains, drawn in by Kirby's cuteness

Brawl C. Falcon and Ganon. I personally would just leave it at that, not getting into which of the two were worse.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
Technically Chu Dat's secondary is Pikachu but he did use Pichu. just scroll back in this thread - I had vids of him as Pichu..
lol yea, I watched those videos, but I couldn't remember when or wherexD That's how I remembered chu playing pichu

S

smash brawl player 99021

I would have to say... sonic, can't kill worth **** and his taunts make me cut myself

Linkwearsgreen

Smash Journeyman
I didn't ever play Smash64...

Melee: Ganondorf he's moves are just like CF's but way slower, who is actually good.

Brawl: DK. ALL of his moves are super laggy, if you fall too much you can't recover.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I would have to say... sonic, can't kill worth **** and his taunts make me cut myself

Melee: Ganondorf he's moves are just like CF's but way slower, who is actually good.

Brawl: DK. ALL of his moves are super laggy, if you fall too much you can't recover.
This **** is exactly what I mean. Ganondorf? are you f***ing kidding me? If you have a post count of under 100 or you joined anywhere in 2009, please, please don't post here

KO M

Smash Apprentice
Id have to say kirby from melee, now that I think about it... he was pretty bad

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Seriously, Sonic should go fall into a well and slowly drown. His 'step it up' taunt and 'too slow' taunt infuriate me.

Are you kidding? DK is really good if you know how to use him. I'm surprised you didn't say Bowser for the same reasons. At least DK has faster attacks than Bowser.

My opinions:
Smash 64: Link. I know. I mained him. He cannot recover. Samus has a less useful projectile, a worse grab, and not as much power, but at least she can get back onto the stage effectively. Her down air spike is easy to do and helps to compensate for somewhat low KO ability immensely.
Melee: Mewtwo...
Brawl: I'd say Jigglypuff. Captain Falcon and Ganondorf may be lower on the tier list, but they make up for those few places with their sheer amount of 'manly' and 'awesome.' Also, I don't think a good recovery is worth an easy KO at 70%, horrible reach, useless down and up specials, and an insta-death if your crappy shield breaks.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Seriously, Sonic should go fall into a well and slowly drown. His 'step it up' taunt and 'too slow' taunt infuriate me.

Are you kidding? DK is really good if you know how to use him. I'm surprised you didn't say Bowser for the same reasons. At least DK has faster attacks than Bowser.

My opinions:
Smash 64: Link. I know. I mained him. He cannot recover. Samus has a less useful projectile, a worse grab, and not as much power, but at least she can get back onto the stage effectively. Her down air spike is easy to do and helps to compensate for somewhat low KO ability immensely.
Melee: Mewtwo...
Brawl: I'd say Jigglypuff. Captain Falcon and Ganondorf may be lower on the tier list, but they make up for those few places with their sheer amount of 'manly' and 'awesome.' Also, I don't think a good recovery is worth an easy KO at 70%, horrible reach, useless down and up specials, and an insta-death if your crappy shield breaks.
you're no better. LOL, you didn't even mention the fact he said Ganondorf for Melee.

Smash 64: I can see were your going with that. I'm no 64 expert, so I'll leave that be for the moment, until an expert can prove you wrong. I remember in the 64 forum some people said link, but most said Samus.

Melee: Why Mewtwo? explain your answer. according to you for 64, recovery means a lot. and Mewtwo has the second (arguably third) best recovery in the game. He also has fast, powerful smashes and strong aerials. not to mention his competitive grabs and great specials. Just so you know: the new Melee tier list brought Mewtwo up 2 spaces.

Brawl: besides maybe the 70% easy KO thing (though really it's not true. I guess it depends on the character) and the useless down special (which is also untrue. even if nerfed, it can still kill at low percentages, expecially on low-ceiling stages and if you do it in the air), all these qualities were there in Melee and yet Jiggs was high tier.
Originally Posted by handsockpuppet

OVERALL Link

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I'm no better, handsock? I only chose not to respond to his choice for worst character in Melee, though it should be obvious I don't think Ganon is the worst because I think Mewtwo is. Is anything wrong with expressing my opinions on part of the post rather than the entire thing?

Why Mewtwo? He dies too quickly and he's WAY too easy to hit. His attacks had atrocious range. His f-air required him to be almost RIGHT NEXT to the opponent, and it's hard to approach and land it. His spike was slow and weak. Don't get me wrong, I really like Mewtwo, but he really sucked. He was difficult to use too, and his specials were too situational to be of any practical use.

Have you ever tried landing down+B with Jiggs on a decent human player? It doesn't happen very easily, especially against characters like Marth and Falco. It takes too much effort to land, and the reward is 'meh' at best. It doest decent damage, but the knockback still sucks. Jiggs got moved down the list because of Brawl's lack of hitstun, and the nerfing of her attack power. Her lack of range combined with her lack of speed and range, and also Brawl's new ledge grab physics make her less useful.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Luigi is really good IMO. I don't like his recoveries but he really has no trouble actually fighting since his attacks are quick and have nice priority.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I know this might sound weird, but I can't say there is a single 1 bad character (OTHER THAN ALL OF THE LAND-MASTER CLONES! Not dissing Team Starfox, just dissing the Final Smashes). If you know how to play them, pretty much ANYONE can be a devestating character. I'd have to say the character that seems to be the hardest to use is the Pokemon Trainer, only because you have to Master 3 people, and then you have to balance playing as each one in compeditive play, especially against some opponents where only 1 is good enough, and against other opponents where it's hard to win with any of them...

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Brawl Falcon.

Melee Pichu and SSB Link would own him because they have hitstun.

/thread.

Frown

poekmon
STOP SAYING /THREAD

It's your opinion! You state it and let others say what they think! You can't jut think you've come up with the perfect answer and then try to end the discussion!

Sorry, I'm a little bit grumpy since my sister wouldn't help me empty the dishwasher.

SexTornado

Smash Journeyman
Any1 who says olimar is the worst char ever is 100% wrong. Pichu was definitely garbage in melee, link was suxors in 64 but in brawl I'ma say bowser is prolly one of the worst. If not bowser then captain amazing.

Tamoo

Smash Master
OLIMAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pichu is actually really good if u know how to use him, better than olimar who has only 3 good pikmen-red, yellow, and purple
loool, blue pikmin have crazy grab range and can kill at 120, whites arent great but its always nice to chuck one for 6%. Srsly, why on earth are ppl still saying olimar?!

And brawl bowser can be deadly and is a good counterpick to MK as opposed to most of the other low tiered characters

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Brawl Falcon.

Melee Pichu and SSB Link would own him because they have hitstun.

/thread.
That depends how you look at it. Brawl Falcon, or any Brawl character in that case, would own any character from the other games because BRAWL CHARACTERS ARE LESS AFFECTED BY HITSTUN. That means that Brawl characters could combo the garbage out of 64/Melee characters but 64/Melee characters cannot do the same to them.:p

Underload

Lazy
There's no doubt in my mind that Pichu is the worst character in Smash history. Obscure, takes damage from using attacks, a clone, annoying voice, it's like it was specifically designs to suck.

xX-LeaF-Xx

Smash Cadet
SSB64- Link, but Jigglypuff is a close second.
SSBM- Pichu, this goes without saying
SSB64- C. Falcon, this once again goes without saying.
Overall- Probably Link, who has been consistently garbage, his best being in SSBM, and still wasn't that good.

Top Bottom