• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The WoW thread.. awwyeahzz

Sieg

Smash Champion
While I agree with you Corpse to an extent, I don't think you've played at a proper level of play to actually call out those disadvantages.

That example is very real for a player of a high standing/in a high raiding format. If you want to be the best, you have to balance out your stats accordingly. It's not the same as balancing stats to equip gear per se, however to be the most efficient you can be at your role in a raid you have to weight the negatives and positives of each base stat and it's offsets.

This can actually lead to the difference between wipes on a raid boss and a kill.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Its fair to say I didnt get too deep into WoW to know all the ins and outs. I only got up to lvl 17 before I was sick to death of questing for levels. For that reason as well as the fact that my game time had ran out was why I stopped playing. From what I was told at the time, the game really starts opening up when u do raids and stuff but in my case though, PvE doesnt interest me in the slightest. The goal for me is to do as little PvE as possible in order to get the best setup(s) for PvP.

AO has the talent tree idea too (called Perks) and it is more or less the same thing. I could go through a boss strategy for AO also but I was trying to show the core mechanics of how the game works. But hey by no means am I saying WoW is a 'bad' game, it just didnt meet my expectations after playing AO.

@Sieg
I know how much of an impact different setups can have on raids success. I've seen many times where we need to find new tanks because the ones we have atm are in the wrong setup to tank efficiently. I like the freedom of AO too, theres no reason why you cant have a Nano-Technician (mage equivalent) with a sword if you want to. Ive seen some pretty interesting setups people have come up with that at first glance seem like a terrible idea but with the right strategy they can be devastating. Also killing someone in PvP and actually being able to READ WHAT THEY SAY TO YOU is some of the most fun ever. And theres no race limitations too, all classes can be part of any race.

Edit: Wow's chat window system is (was?) terrible compared to AO's and that frustrated me a lot when I was playing it :p

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
You know you can make as many chat windows as you want and customize them to show anything?

level 17...... wow... yer wow totes gave that a chance >_>

And theres no race limitations too, all classes can be part of any race.
Race's in WoW each have different bonuses and racial abilities. It helps to create variety among players.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
I played WoW... true story.

Level 70 Gnome DPS Warrior, was ghetto.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Male Goblin has a pretty good dance, bru.
Male Worgen has a pretty STUPID dance, bru.

AO is pretty fail, bru.

And yes, I disagree, Richard.
If it wasn't popular and played by millions of people and known world-wide, then how could it be ****? Or rather, not good? That's a rather ridiculous way of looking at it, as it's a biased way of looking at it. Just saying: "Because I don't like it, it's not good." Isn't right. It is a good game, if it wasn't, again, millions of people wouldn't play it. Just like ANY game that is played by A LOT of people.

I'm definitely not supporting WoW, though. It is a stupid game, and kills time. But it's still fun. It's fun when you hit a high level, just like most games. In the beginning (of an RPG) it's boring (unless it has a story), and it progressively gets more interesting at time goes on (usually).

I could use the same argument with Brawl. Lots of people play it. Some for fun, some competitively. Either way, you play it, and a lot of people play it, therefore it's a popular game, no? So by that reasoning, wouldn't it be the same for WoW? They're both played by lots of people, they're both popular, yet you only find one good, and you only play one of those 2 games, even though, by the reasoning you said: "Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's good." then both games shouldn't, or should, be good, right?

I'm not talking about anything else other than the basic, FUNDAMENTAL level, that is... They're games, and lots of people play them. I'm not talking about genres, or demographics, or anything.

I don't think I worded that very well... Basically I'm saying... Brawl and WoW are both popular games played by a lot of people. That's all I'm saying. And you said that if it's popular it doesn't mean it's good. But Brawl is popular, and you find it good. WoW is popular, but you don't find it good. Where is the logic in that? Unless you're talking PERSONALLY, then your argument is flawed and void, lol.

Sirias

Smash Champion
WoW is gay.
Brawl is gay.
I don't give a ****, lol.
I just play and do whatever the **** I enjoy.
Don't give a **** about what you guys think, lol. c: <3

Edit:

"you" means "everyone on the face of this earth" btw.
Don't take it personally.
******s.
=]

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Its fair to say I didnt get too deep into WoW to know all the ins and outs. I only got up to lvl 17 before I was sick to death of questing for levels. For that reason as well as the fact that my game time had ran out was why I stopped playing. From what I was told at the time, the game really starts opening up when u do raids and stuff but in my case though, PvE doesnt interest me in the slightest. The goal for me is to do as little PvE as possible in order to get the best setup(s) for PvP.
They've since changed it so that if you wanted, you can level exclusively from PvP and earn honour points to earn gear geared towards PvP.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Thats a nice feature. I question if it came before or after Warhammer (since I know that game had the same system) but either way, WoW suddenly seems significantly more appealing.

kupo

Smash Lord
Eww... lagrock.

My friends and I come to the very conclusion that this expansion has made druids the most ******** class to play (by ******** I mean, clueless ****s without a brain). I still do facepalm at every occassion where I see 71/35 pt super stars and just egg on how bad they are.

I hope cata thins out the fails into deleting their account. Wishful thinking...

Anyhoo, I'm on Barthilas atm, playing casually with friends. Don't think I could ever go back to raiding seriously.

I have a 80 Shaman, druid and DK. And am levelling a gnome priest atm (Alliance)! Pretty fun with the changes to levelling!

Back to mount farming :<

Sirias

Smash Champion
like it matters
you can have a life and sttill play wow
sigh
******s
"i have a life, i dont ply wow, i go out and get ****in wasted every night"
so do ****ing i
but i still play wow and tf2
so stfu
im wasted now
so stfu
hhahahaha
******s
go **** yourselves you pieces of **** XDDDDD

I LOVE YOU cAO
DONT BAN ME!
YEAHZZZZ

Sirias

Smash Champion
I dunno, I think I'll make a Worgen DK.
Got a Tauren Shaman now.
I wanted to make a Draenei Shaman, Draenei what else can I make? Hum.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Lookin forward to making a Goblin shaman. gonna call it EconoMic. :p

Sirias

Smash Champion
I DUNNO WHAT ANY OF YOU uSAID
I'M DRruNK
I DONT CARE
I'M LEVE 10 TAUREN SHAMAN
AWWW YEAH, BLACKROCK
cOME PLACE WITH ME

oh..... saurfang, or narang or w/e
just come pllay wit hme
cmon
<3333

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Bought azeroth flight, flew around Overcity and Stormwind (their cemetery seems the only place really well guarded) and spent most of the time doing archeology. Been fun :D

Sirias

Smash Champion
Lol, posted in here twice while I was drunk.
Sik.

Gotta stop drinkin' bru.
Srsly.
Or at least stop drinking and then posting on forums to showcase my ridiculous drunkenness.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Dude i missed WoW but i can never go back to it_ It's just too damn life consuming and i think after years of hardcore raiding, PvP and arena as a ****ing feral druid i just spat it by the end_ It's once you hit that stage of more game time than life time that it's time to throw in the towel_ The game that never ends_ It's the work of demons that one_

Also i WTF'd when they finally gave ferals what they needed, after i quit_ FAIL_

Top Bottom