• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Yarn Kirby/Prince Fluff Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I like the idea of another 2D char besides Mr. Game & Watch, but I prefer Prince Fluff alone, with Kirby's color scheme as alt. We don't need more clone chars. Besides, Prince Fluff, in the original design of the game, was supposed to be the protagonist, not just an assist char. Nintendo made Kirby as the main char to give more visibility to the game.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Prince Fluff with a yarn Kirby Alternate is the best way to go. You get the Yarn Kirby aspect for people that want to play him and you get Prince Fluff. A Prince Fluff pink color scheme without the crown and eye brows would look like Kirby lol

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder... if Prince Fluff got in would he be a Kirby character or his own side series?

bentendo222

Smash Apprentice
Prince Fluff makes more since than Yarn Kirby. I mean what if Kirby swallowed Yarn Kirby? He would become Yarn Kirby. So for people who want Yarn Kirby in the game, have Prince Fluff as a character and when Kirby swallows him, he becomes Yarn Kirby.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
If he makes it into Yoshi's Epic Yarn somehow then maybe.
But he's just a one-off character in a series with more deserving reps as it is.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
If Prince Fluff makes it into Yarn Yoshi, I'll be convinced that he's his own universal crossover IP.

If we get something of a Metroid: Yarnicles, then no doubt I'll have support for him in a future Smash Bros. game.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Prince Fluff makes more since than Yarn Kirby. I mean what if Kirby swallowed Yarn Kirby? He would become Yarn Kirby. So for people who want Yarn Kirby in the game, have Prince Fluff as a character and when Kirby swallows him, he becomes Yarn Kirby.
It's so logical!

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I can't make a good moveset for them, but I'd really enjoy playing as Prince Fluff because the only game I ever finished was Epic Yarn since I'm a lazy bugger and that it's an original character. I'm OK with Prince Fluff, Knuckle Joe or Bandana Dee getting in, as long as Adeline becomes an Assist Trophy.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So glad this thread is alive and well, I'm crossing my fingers for a playable Prince Fluff, in terms of uniqueness, Prince Fluff beats Waddle Dee in uniqueness by miles. I would be fine if the was no new Kirby character at all though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I need to revamp the OP. I made this back in the day when everyone was making mad grabs to be the one running the thread of their favorite.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Yeah, just rearrange it, fix it up a bit, use my banner if wanted. And it will make it more fluent ~

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

I support this. I've been thinking about Yarn Yoshi recently...Since Prince Fluff was originally meant to be the star of a new Yarn IP, it would make sense for him to appear in Yarn Yoshi. Since Sakurai would know about this ahead of time, he might have decided to include him.

volbound1700

Smash Master
The main reason I support Prince Fluff is the moveset potential. He has a fun moveset that would fit naturally into Smash.

I fancy Yarn Kirby, but not so much Fluff. I know some people would have a gripe with picking an Adjective Character over a distinct one, but it matters not to me. Toon Link made it in over Vaati.

His final smash could be that yarn tank, and his splash screen could read "Yarn Kirby Joins the Tangle!"

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Their chances have improved, if only by virtue of a lot of characters been cut off in the Direct.

BeatMyLuigi

Smash Apprentice
(challenger approaching)

his recovery

his primary attack

his projectile

one of his specials

Yarn Kirby? No. Terrible idea.

Prince Fluff, on the other hand, is one of the few 4th Kirby characters I would accept wholeheartedly. I am a massive fan of Kirby, and despite how much I would like Marx/Bandanna Dee/Dark Matter, I can accept that the series really doesn't deserve a 4th rep. Prince Fluff is the exception. Prince Fluff was supposed to be the hero of Epic Yarn, but the company didn't think it would sale well so they shoved Kirby into it. Much like FLUDD, Epic Yarns moves could easily support it's own character in Smash. I would except Prince Fluff representing Epic Yarn and the the moveset that goes with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom