• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Z1gknee coorporation: falcons version: The Nipple Bair (uses)

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
The nipple bair is essentially:
Bairing, but hitting the opponent with one of the two hitboxes infront of falcon. (Hitboxes present on the side falcon ISNT hitting in.).

While I was messing around with this, I pm'd Z1gma, to ask for his opinion about this.
It turned out he was working on the same thing BUT with ganon.

So Z1gma discovered ganons 'forward Bair'
And I discovered falcons 'forward Bair'.

As falcon strikes the opponent with his mighty nipples, I called this: falcon's: Nipple bair.

Z1gma and I where both working on the same concept, but he was working on Ganons version of this, which he himself discovered. I discovered the nipple Bair (its uses) for falcon.

Z1gma gets full credit for discovering ganons variation of the nipple Bair. (Refer to his thread for his info, which will be all about ganon, offcourse, and see how he named ganons 'nipple Bair' here:)
[Insert link to Z1gma's thread about ganon's forward Bair here. His will be up in approx. a week.]

We both worked apart without knowing we were working on the same concept, but with our own mains.

- The Nipple Bair: In detail.

Viable situations to use the Nipple bair:
After a Dair.
Offstage.
Punishing.
After a First hit Nair (on floaties)

(psuedo) Combo's:

Nipple Bair-->jab(-->jab)-->grab (-->grab release shenanigans on certain characters for more fun, otherwise:)-->throw-->follow ups

Dair-->Nipple Bair-->up b/jab(-->jab)-->grab

Nipple Bair-->Dash attack

Nipple Bair-->raptor boost (not a combo, but punishes almost all reactions).

Nipple Bair-->falcon kick (same as raptor boost, not a combo, and punishes a wide range of reactions, but is punishable, even if you hit with it <_<)
(falcons dont use falcon kick most of the time, though sometimes used to ledge cancel mindgames)

Nipple Bair-->Nair (probably a few frames away from beeing inescapable.)

And nipple bair in the air *****.

Nipple bair-->Second jump-->Nair/Uair/Dair/Fair/Nipple Bair(prolly all a few frames away from beeing inescapable, but prolly as close to melee falcon as we can get)

Aerial nipple Bair-->up b. (lol SSB64 feeling)

And maybe an infinite on wario using the non-sweetspotted Nipple Bair (there are 2 versions: sweetspotted Nipple Bair, and non-sweetspotted, this means there are 2 hitboxes in fron of falcon. meaning 2 hitboxes to nipple Bair with:).)

Like:
Grab-->Grab release-->soft nipple Bair (<--omglol)-->regrab-->repeat.

Probably escapable due to wario's fast aerials, but then again wario is proven to be able to grab release-->sweet knee without chance of him escaping, so maybe this can work too, I dunno, this certainly needs more testing.

Falcons Nipple Bair can be used to punish, and deal good damage. (a sweetspotted nipple Bair-->up b does 31% damage, and a soft nipple Bair (<--lolagain)-->up b does 25% (the latter is probably more reliable, as the sweetspotted nipple Bair sends opponents flying away too far quite soon. When the opponent has 35ish percent, the opponent flies too far to combo on the ground, with the exception of a dash grab. (which still works until the opponent has around 45ish percent or so.). The soft nipple Bair (<--cantgetmyheadarounditlol) combo's into jabs/up b/grabs until the opponent has 35ish percent damage, too, it combo's into a dash grab till the opponent has about 70ish percent damage on him/her.

And said flying away effect of the sweetspotted nipple Bair is great for following up against the character flying away (which you can actually keep up with+follow up, like in melee, this way). Though airdodges + fast aerials probably keep this from beeing 100% inescapable, this does put falcon in one of his most advantegous positions.

Primary use: In detail:

The primary use of the nipple Bair is to punish, and it punishes well, as it does more damage than falcons First hit Nair, but has pretty muchthe same effect. And falcons nipple Bair has the same effect as falcons First hit Nair even in the air. Which can set up for some melee in the brawl.
And when you use this to punish reactions after a Dthrow/Dash attack/Fthrow (for example) it is possible that the opponent misses a tech, and if they do so, and you hit them with a soft nipple Bair (<-****stilllol)/Sweet nipple Bair(<--haha) while they bounce, it is possible you force them to standup, setting up for an inescapable buffered falcon punch. (Please refer to my thread about falcons soft/sweet Bair lock for exact percentages up to which falcons soft and/or sweet Bair can force a standup when you hit the opponent with a soft/sweet Bair while they bounce after missing a tech.).

And when used for punishing, the (psuedo) combo's will, offcourse, follow.

This makes it more like melee, but still, plenty-o-brawl.

~When god gives you nipple, you use them to combo :falcon:

~And then it dawned to us: We musnt use our nipples to spike anymore, we must use them to (psuedo) combo, and bring glory back to our manly chest. :falcon:

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
shield grab. when someones behind me i feel reverse nair is a pretty viable option.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Nice going there, tkontk.
You should try N find a way to 0-death Heavy chars whit this. Or at least deal like 80% of damage from 0%.
There's a chance that it is possible.

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
bair autocancels SO **** FAST

Note to self: DO NOT USE BAIR TO REMOVE THAT SILLY LANDING LAG FROM UPB

UGH too many autocancels from it and eating a ton of lag.

So basically, should we be using this like running out with a shorthop knee? As in, hitting with it and then sliding into a jab jab grab, or something else?

Top Bottom