• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thealmightygoat is no more

Status
Not open for further replies.

C00P

Smash Cadet
Anyone who was keeping track of the updates on gamespot by thealmightygoat will be sad to hear that he has been banned.
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/profile/index.php?user=thealmightygoat
My guess... he was bul****ting the world to much. His info was hopeful and possibly true with it's level of extrodanary possibility.

The only other possiblity is Nintendo had him banned for revealing to much... oh well.

Just a couple more weeks until the cats outta the bag anyway... jus letting everyone know

Gerbil

Smash Champion
No offense dude but...

actually I'll address all of the Brawl boards. Learn to read people. This is old news, and for some reason tons of old news just keeps getting reposted. We have several great threads with all the known information, a thread about leaks and their possibilites, etc etc. Do a little searching before making new threads, because all you are doing is cluttering an already cluttered forum section.

C00P

Smash Cadet
lol... funny story... true story.. after the first reply I used the search and now I feel dumb... please close this thread before someone else points out my lag

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I think I'll just jump in here and take the opportunity to say "I told you so".

If the revered almightgoat was a faker, I don't think anyone has a reason to believe in the rest of the "prophets."

EDIT: Except the Dragoon prophet of course. His prophecy actually came true.

Zek

Smash Ace
Anyone who was keeping track of the updates on gamespot by thealmightygoat will be sad to hear that he has been banned.
My guess... he was bul****ting the world to much. His info was hopeful and possibly true with it's level of extrodanary possibility.

The only other possiblity is Nintendo had him banned for revealing to much... oh well.

Just a couple more weeks until the cats outta the bag anyway... jus letting everyone know
Uh, he already confessed to being a fake...

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman

He confessed. He said he was a fake yesterday. He said that he was only trying to have a little fun and a joke with the too-serious Smashing community. While I didn't find it funny, I did understand his point--he was trying to teach us that Smash is supposed to be a fun game, instead of a serious, hardcore battle to the death.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
He actually came out and admitted he was a fake. Did you not see it?

EDIT: Beat by Hallowed Storm XD

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
I think I'll just jump in here and take the opportunity to say "I told you so".

If the revered almightgoat was a faker, I don't think anyone has a reason to believe in the rest of the "prophets."

EDIT: Except the Dragoon prophet of course. His prophecy actually came true.
1. There is the possibility that he's been banned for revealing the actual information of the game. So keep the "I told you so" to yourself, you're only trying to cause trouble.

2. Just because this guy is a faker (and he sounded plausible) doesn't automatically mean the rest is fake too, that's really ******** logic. A woman is a human, but not every human is a woman... get the logic of that?

xxhyosukexx

Smash Apprentice
this sorta sux,i was looking forward to his update.
oh wells.

on a side note,that banned page is pretty cool.
bannedohnoes!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
1. There is the possibility that he's been banned for revealing the actual information of the game. So keep the "I told you so" to yourself, you're only trying to cause trouble.
No. The almightgoat confessed that he was fake.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord

2. Just because this guy is a faker (and he sounded plausible) doesn't automatically mean the rest is fake too, that's really ******** logic. A woman is a human, but not every human is a woman... get the logic of that?
1. Stop getting pissed because YOU actually believed this guy.

2. What I meant was that everyone considered thealmightygoat the most likely prophet and he turned out to be a liar like many others.
Which of the remaining prophets, besides the Dragoon prophet, has anymore credibility than the goat did?
None of their predictions have come true, so for all we know, they could just as easily be lying. It seems pretty foolish to keep paying attention to these guys and getting your hopes up just to find out in two weeks that you were being fooled.
Why not just ignore all of these people and wait for Brawl to come out? What makes the rest of them any more believable than me or you?

Krell

Smash Journeyman
theallmightygoat already admitted to being a phony, what more is there to talk about?
I'm glad, because Ray once again has a shot as a PC. :3

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe people still believe in this guy.

Seriously, I can't believe some of you fell for the 2 Tortimer trophys crap. That COin Launcher thing I posted was good proof that he was fake. Then Charizard's B-up proved him fake, but peopl only believed when he admitted that he was a hax.

But then again, some people still do. Morons.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord

He confessed. He said he was a fake yesterday. He said that he was only trying to have a little fun and a joke with the too-serious Smashing community. While I didn't find it funny, I did understand his point--he was trying to teach us that Smash is supposed to be a fun game, instead of a serious, hardcore battle to the death.
It wasn't a joke, it was more like an effort to ease the tension and have something for the week without Dojo. You know, lighten us up...

He Assist Trophied Ray though, for that reason I'll never forgive him.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
There's nothing more to really say on the subject, but he didn't do it yto lighten us up because the week before had no Dojo updates.... he did it because he's a 15 year old kid that wanted attention.

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
It's sad that people continually fall for things such as this. I know you want to believe, but use your head before you take awful, hack journalism seriously.

gamer8

Smash Lord
That ****** deserved it, lying to everybody "trying to make us feel better about waiting" he was a fake and an idiot, glad he's banned.

Raxivace

Smash Cadet
I knew it was fake, and I actually quite enjoyed reading it.

The best part was seeing the ENTIRE Smash community overreact to this! Hilarious stuff!

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
Everyone is saying he did...besides, he got banned so the link with the confession isn't there anymore. That's your proof.

jupiter

Smash Apprentice
lol at the people who thought he was real. He was trying to lighten the mood of the forum. People got way too serious and a lot of people were desperate for new info. He filled that void with this bogus, yet seemingly real "insider info." He kept a lot of you guys entertained and filled with hope. Kinda doing everyone a favor. I enjoyed seeing the reaction, though. Fun stuff.

Rodriguezjr

Smash Apprentice
I say he does deserves it for lying out like that. I mean, people, why do most people believe what other people say its true? I say we wait until importers get the game and then we finally be able to view high quality videos of the game. Unless, a person from the media is able to leak it out early like a person I know did for a Castlevania game one time.

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere, plotting to become dictator of smash w
Wow you're the most idiotic person I've ever heard of...
I find it hilarious how dumb you are. XD XD XD XD

I'd watch it u 2. u can get banned for that kind of flaming. And noone knows internet, you can't tell people's emotion on here. allmightygoat could have said he was a fake to stop people from flaming him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom