• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's what I'm getting at though. Maybe those files don't exist on the 3DS yet because they don't get added until you link it with the Wii U? For example. You go and start up the Wii U and 3DS version link. The screen may pop up and tell you something like "Transferring/Installing data, please wait X amount of time." In this hypothetical situation instead of downloading this "update/patch/whatever" that includes the supposed extra characters, it'd be like the system was downloading all the needed data from the Wii U instead of the internet.

Now whether this happens or not is anyones guess. I'm trying to keep my hopes in check, but keeping a few characters under wraps until the Wii U release to build up hype makes a lot of sense to me. I really hope it's true because then we'd still have surprises left. Plus if there were no other characters they could have just made the 3DS screen a 6x8 grid and fill it in completely. Then made Miis selectable from the touchpad for easy customization selection, and make random a button or touch screen option.

At least we won't have to wait too long to find out. I may not agree that IC should be left out of the Wii U version Falcon, but you seem like an ok guy and I like that you're keeping your hopes up for surprises still. No hard feelings if I ever came off harsh.
To note, I made that suggestion too. They're encrypted and unlocked with the connection.

However, the lack of those files, something we can see as evidence, is a reason many find the Data Transfer idea less likely. Not many believe in the file encryption theory, and to be fair, it's not supportable by any evidence so far. So I can fully understand the doubts here.

But whatever happens happens.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Anyone else think if Sakurai wasn't adding some of the most wanted characters at some point then he would have deconfirmed them a long time ago to avoid dissapointing fans?

Supermario12

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else think if Sakurai wasn't adding some of the most wanted characters at some point then he would have deconfirmed them a long time ago to avoid dissapointing fans?
Yes, which is why i think Mewtwo is in the game. When someone asked about Mewtwo during a question and answer session for the game Sakurai said "We're thinking about it." I personally think that if her wasn't going to be in the game, he wouldn't have said anything

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I could not believe that they would add a well hated character such as DH Dog. Then I saw how he acted relaxed and cute when idle along with cooperation with the ducks and gunmen as you said. I thought they would get a ear chewing for him by the fan base, but it seems he has a supportive fandom. I would like to play as him now.
Agreed! His visual design in Smash Bros is really nice. It's still a little sly, but he doesn't look like the jerk-jock-dog he did in the game. He looks cute and appealing, as characters should be.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
If there is DLC then I would honestly hope it's not the more hyped characters like ridley because that would take a lot away from the next smash bros. That's saying the leak is fake and none of them are on the roster but if there is DLC then that's when you put clones in the game and a veteran dlc
Do you really want to wait a half decade just to be hyped?

ferioku

Smash Ace
Its possible but its sakurai and atm I think he is garbage enough to cut them since they cant be on the 3ds even though they are completely done on the wii u version. ****ing ********. (Demote this man.)
If he thought about it carefully, he would have made the Wii U version offer more characters, at this point, the Wii U version doesn't deserve the same treatment as the 3DS, in freaking fact, give the Wii U version Ice Climbers and Wolf back! Damnit Sakurai! I hate that he even added Wolf's theme in the game! You can't just add a veterans theme and remove the veteran!

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
To note, I made that suggestion too. They're encrypted and unlocked with the connection.

However, the lack of those files, something we can see as evidence, is a reason many find the Data Transfer idea less likely. Not many believe in the file encryption theory, and to be fair, it's not supportable by any evidence so far. So I can fully understand the doubts here.

But whatever happens happens.

Hmmm I think I'm not getting something here. Why would the lack of certain files mean they may not get added later? If the game is coded to accept these files at some point, they wouldn't need to be there at all, right? Or am I mistaken? I mean couldn't these files be added in a sort of patch from the Wii U version that simply adds them to the pool of unlockable characters, or simply to the roster itself?

As for characters not being outright deconfirmed yet such as Mewtwo and even Ridley (though implied something yet not clarified) is what gives me some hope that they're there on the Wii U. Now if they come straight out and show Mewtwo as a Pokeball Pokemon for just the Wii U or something then that's a hope killer. Larrys trophy being a random trophy reward makes me feel that these supposed Wii U to 3DS characters had their trophies put in game still so that the trophy collection could be finished. If Ridley is a new unique design for playable I could see them omitting his trophy entirely as to not spoil it.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I'm curious now... the picture of the 3DS with the menu looks fake because there's like no distortion on the display and the quality is super crisp (as if copy and pasted). And I don't know if there is a stage like that from triple kirby deluxe.

But this leaker is from July, does this mean he made a model of Dr. mario and guessed he would be in the game (either as a character or an alt)? The Dr. Mario in that picture looks legit

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Guys the point is we will have to wait for the wii u version to confirm if they're is 4 more patch release/dlc characters or not

I mean my heart is set on ridley just a hazard again but he still a part of me that hes too tiny for a stage hazard.

ferioku

Smash Ace
I give up now, we're probably never getting these veterans back. Also i'm pretty sure that if Wolf is really a clone as most people say, he would have been included easily been included. All of his A attacks and animation's differ to Fox's and function in a completely different way, same goes to Falco, he's not a clone, even though they all share similarity. Now that wolf has been cut, Antagonist characters have been reduced to 5, if you even count King DeeDeeDee and Baby Bowser as an Antagonist. Fire emblem now has reps and Star Fox 2 with Wolf removed, and Lucina is the queen of clones.

Ice climbers could have easily been Wii U exclusive, there's really nothing stopping Sakurai from doing that, both versions are different anyway.

Really don't want chorus kids in the game... =/

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I give up now, we're probably never getting these veterans back. Also i'm pretty sure that if Wolf is really a clone as most people say, he would have been included easily been included. All of his A attacks and animation's differ to Fox's and function in a completely different way, same goes to Falco, he's not a clone, even though they all share similarity. Now that wolf has been cut, Antagonist characters have been reduced to 5, if you even count King DeeDeeDee and Baby Bowser as an Antagonist. Fire emblem now has reps and Star Fox 2 with Wolf removed, and Lucina is the queen of clones.

Ice climbers could have easily been Wii U exclusive, there's really nothing stopping Sakurai from doing that, both versions are different anyway.

Really don't want chorus kids in the game... =/
Dlc is my only shot at enjoying this roster. As a fighting game the game will be fun but the roster feels very weak. (I hate that I have to treat smash like every other fighting game now)

Last edited:

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
Dlc is my only shot at enjoying this roster. As a fighting game the game will be fun but the roster feels very weak. (I hate that I have to treat smash like every other fighting game now)
My god this. The demo was fun and all but the hype is just not there.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
But this leaker is from July, does this mean he made a model of Dr. mario and guessed he would be in the game (either as a character or an alt)? The Dr. Mario in that picture looks legit
He said Dr. Mario would be an alternate Mario skin.....
However the model looks the same as the official....
But no one has found Marshal in the 3DS game....

The Meta Knight model seems to also have the gauntlet on the left hand, (its left, our right) but it doesn't seem to have a gauntlet on the right hand :ohwell:

....actually, his left hand may actually just be his whole hand, without the gauntlet....

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hmmm I think I'm not getting something here. Why would the lack of certain files mean they may not get added later? If the game is coded to accept these files at some point, they wouldn't need to be there at all, right? Or am I mistaken? I mean couldn't these files be added in a sort of patch from the Wii U version that simply adds them to the pool of unlockable characters, or simply to the roster itself?

As for characters not being outright deconfirmed yet such as Mewtwo and even Ridley (though implied something yet not clarified) is what gives me some hope that they're there on the Wii U. Now if they come straight out and show Mewtwo as a Pokeball Pokemon for just the Wii U or something then that's a hope killer. Larrys trophy being a random trophy reward makes me feel that these supposed Wii U to 3DS characters had their trophies put in game still so that the trophy collection could be finished. If Ridley is a new unique design for playable I could see them omitting his trophy entirely as to not spoil it.
As I said, I don't 100% know if data transfers can add something that doesn't exist in the coding. I don't know how the programming works.

Think of it like this; Let's say you own a deck of cards. You want to scan your exact cards online to unlock each one in a deck. The website doesn't have data for specific cards. Thus, you cannot scan that card. It's a poor comparison, but that's the gist of what I mean.

That said, since this is all about literal data, assuming a Data Transfer exists, maybe it doesn't need files anymore on the other version anymore. Either way, I could easily be wrong, but as long as you understand what I'm saying, no biggie.(that's all I care about)

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
I can see what you're getting at. Your card thing makes sense, but using this same example I'll try and explain what I mean by using this card method. Let's say the site doesn't have data for specific cards as you say, but is programmed to receive all the data from the card itself and "install" it into your online card data. This data wasn't there before, but the card and the receiving end were both set up for this sort of transfer to take place.

Also I looked over the whole Ice Climbers thing and it seemed like Sakurai was merely saying that they were cut from the 3DS version. It doesn't seem like he's implying they're completely axed all together, just that they aren't in the 3DS one. Perhaps I'm mistaken or the article was translated oddly?

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Yeah every other fighting game the characters aren't the main focus but smash it always was, it makes me care less about the game knowing so many all stars/smash stars are gone .
there are many characters, but most of them are not unique. There are way too many sword fighters, in a sense they all just feel the same to me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I can see what you're getting at. Your card thing makes sense, but using this same example I'll try and explain what I mean by using this card method. Let's say the site doesn't have data for specific cards as you say, but is programmed to receive all the data from the card itself and "install" it into your online card data. This data wasn't there before, but the card and the receiving end were both set up for this sort of transfer to take place.
Right. I agree with this. I just wanted to make sure you got what I meant by placeholders, which is probably not needed now due to better programming options. Back then, you can't "just receive". You had to have the same data there, just locked. Ah, how technology has evolved~

Also I looked over the whole Ice Climbers thing and it seemed like Sakurai was merely saying that they were cut from the 3DS version. It doesn't seem like he's implying they're completely axed all together, just that they aren't in the 3DS one. Perhaps I'm mistaken or the article was translated oddly?
He may have cut the files on that one too. Like he (probably) did for the 3DS version. Unless encrypted to not be displayed even if you hack it. Although to be honest, that theory may be entirely wrong and programming doesn't allow that combination of things to go on. If so, my theory is dead.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Guys look

WARNING HEART ATTACK FROM THIS
IM WARNING YOU
Theres no ridley and bandana dee teophy at all and im sure they are famous enough for both versions for a trophy and a doubt they're are exclusive trophies.

We do know that there will be unique trophies in each though. However it is odd that a character like Ridley would have no trophy even in the 3DS version. If he is just a boss on Pyrosphere you'd think he'd still be a trophy or mentioned in the 3DS version somewhere. It could be good or bad for Ridley, so I'm gonna hope it turns out good for him on the roster. If he's got a new redesign due to being playable, that could be the reason for him not being a trophy in the 3DS version, since that may give it away. Obviously there's other less joyful possibilities too... but let's stay optimistic, yeah?

Also some of those Wii Fit Trainer trophies make me feel like a bad person.

Last edited:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
The horrible thing is that we won't get any information on if the WiiU will have data transfer characters until at least after October 4th (Australian release date), and den then they'd probably wait a week or 2. Now we're in this awkward period of "Maybe, maybe not" with no definitive evidence (Sakurai's quotes have been proven to not always be true).

Man.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The horrible thing is that we won't get any information on if the WiiU will have data transfer characters until at least after October 4th (Australian release date), and den then they'd probably wait a week or 2. Now we're in this awkward period of "Maybe, maybe not" with no definitive evidence (Sakurai's quotes have been proven to not always be true).

Man.
You do release the 4th is on a saturday and its 1 day after the usa release so the 6th is when nothing but wii u/ the missing 11 updates happen

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

We do know that there will be unique trophies in each though. However it is odd that a character like Ridley would have no trophy even in the 3DS version. If he is just a boss on Pyrosphere you'd think he'd still be a trophy or mentioned in the 3DS version somewhere. It could be good or bad for Ridley, so I'm gonna hope it turns out good for him on the roster. If he's got a new redesign due to being playable, that could be the reason for him not being a trophy in the 3DS version, since that may give it away. Obviously there's other less joyful possibilities too... but let's stay optimistic, yeah?

Also some of those Wii Fit Trainer trophies make me feel like a bad person.
Yea it hard for me to debate

I mean im not sure what to believe anymore. Ridley is one of them in the 4 transferable characters rumor

EDIT: oops double post sorry smashboard owners

Oh and the plot thinkens because metal face does not have a trophy either and he was definatly teased.

Last edited:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
You do release the 4th is on a saturday and its 1 day after the usa release so the 6th is when nothing but wii u/ the missing 11 updates happen
But they'll still want a solid amount of time for people to buy the 3ds version not knowing they'll be prodded towards the WiiU version afterwards.

Also I don't see how finding a trophy means anything. People found trophies for characters they never used in classic in the store.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Alright guys, the Data Transfer theory is not possible.

You see, we've seen the full victory theme list. It had all unique ID numbers. Every character will be there, including those who would be locked on-disc. Fighter data would never show anything different.(if it does, it'll be let known here) That encryption theory is not possible either. Everything was encrypted, and they decrypted it to get all of this information.

It's DLC or none now. Besides conflicting new data dumps.

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice

You see, we've seen the full victory theme list. It had all unique ID numbers. Every character will be there, including those who would be locked on-disc. Fighter data would never show anything different.(if it does, it'll be let known here) That encryption theory is not possible either. Everything was encrypted, and they decrypted it to get all of this information.
Where did you find this information? It sounds too interesting to pass up on.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Where did you find this information? It sounds too interesting to pass up on.
Leaks Group. It's more specifically that programmers are talking about how it properly works. I don't have a picture of the victory music data, unfortunately. But it matches up with the texture coding too. Basically, imagine if Z1 means Mario. Every part of Z1 in any leak will match up with Mario information. This is fully the case. Which means, until we find fighter data, the data transfer theory is very likely to be unreal.

Also, remember my placeholder theory? Well, that was confirmed to be necessary for Data Transfers earlier. It doesn't work any other way. It's treated uniquely from DLC, oddly enough.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace

How do you know that they are not releasing an update to allow data transfer? Or maybe the update will just give you the new Wii U characters?

You cannot say it is dead yet

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Leaks Group. It's more specifically that programmers are talking about how it properly works. I don't have a picture of the victory music data, unfortunately. But it matches up with the texture coding too. Basically, imagine if Z1 means Mario. Every part of Z1 in any leak will match up with Mario information. This is fully the case. Which means, until we find fighter data, the data transfer theory is very likely to be unreal.

Also, remember my placeholder theory? Well, that was confirmed to be necessary for Data Transfers earlier. It doesn't work any other way. It's treated uniquely from DLC, oddly enough.
Who do I message to get invited to the leak group???

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
If I was Nintendo, I wouldn't lock characters until transferring anyway. People would defeat any purpose I intended by hacking into the game. If they do DLC, it would be more natural of them regarding recent events.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman

That doesn't mean anything though. If characters are added later via Wii U or DLC, they could just as easily add the id numbers, new victory theme if they even need a new one (Ridley could use Samus' for example), etc. We won't know for sure until the Wii U version comes around.

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
That doesn't mean anything though. If characters are added later via Wii U or DLC, they could just as easily add the id numbers, new victory theme if they even need a new one (Ridley could use Samus' for example), etc. We won't know for sure until the Wii U version comes around.
I think this would mean the Wii U would have to download the content onto the 3DS though. At that point, it might as well just be on the store as DLC.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
How do you know that they are not releasing an update to allow data transfer? Or maybe the update will just give you the new Wii U characters?

You cannot say it is dead yet
Well, to be fair, the previous leak did not mention anything about DLC to make the new data transfer possible. So it's probably a dead leak due to that alone.

Who do I message to get invited to the leak group???
BluePikmin11.

It's not as easy as you think. Not from the Wii U, anyway. We have to find the ID numbers, and they will exist in the coding no matter what. You can't really encrypt it that hard that we'll never find out, so... but DLC to do this is definitely possible. Remember that small DLC Japan got a bit ago? Maybe, just maybe, we'll get some too before the Wii U comes out. And it'll be hidden in the coding while disguised as a mandatory update.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Well, to be fair, the previous leak did not mention anything about DLC to make the new data transfer possible. So it's probably a dead leak due to that alone.

BluePikmin11.

It's not as easy as you think. Not from the Wii U, anyway. We have to find the ID numbers, and they will exist in the coding no matter what. You can't really encrypt it that hard that we'll never find out, so... but DLC to do this is definitely possible. Remember that small DLC Japan got a bit ago? Maybe, just maybe, we'll get some too before the Wii U comes out. And it'll be hidden in the coding while disguised as a mandatory update.
I am not saying there will be data transfer characters, but if there were I think Nintendo would make sure to take anything out the game that would give anything away.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I am not saying there will be data transfer characters, but if there were I think Nintendo would make sure to take anything out the game that would give anything away.
You can't remove it. Otherwise they're no placeholder for the data to go onto. You can only encrypt it hard, but we're going to hack the whole game, so I highly doubt it's possible to encrypt it well enough. Nothing will be hidden from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom