• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raido

Smash Apprentice
If the Smash Direct ends with the "duckthing" trailer, this will be very very lame... if Sakurai(or maybe nintendo) think it will be enough to sell a wiiu version with game modes and nothing more(characters), they'll have a very very bad surprise when reality will strike violently. Most of the people know all the characters from the 3ds version and 90% of this smash bros communication was governed by characters trailer, they need more new characters to keep the hype on.
No they don't. The Wii U Version is far superior, even without new stages and modes, which it will also get. They just need a demo to show how much better the Wii U version looks and feels.

If he was a boss, why wouldn't he just put it out there like all the other deconfirmations?
Because they want to keep the Wii U exclusive reveals for the Wii U direct. It's that simple. There is no false hype since Ridley was teased as a stage boss.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
No they don't. The Wii U Version is far superior, even without new stages and modes, which it will also get. They just need a demo to show how much better the Wii U version looks and feels.

Because they want to keep the Wii U exclusive reveals for the Wii U direct. It's that simple. There is no false hype since Ridley was teased as a stage boss.
Then why show the shadow at all? Either show him in full, or not at all

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oy, we've really gone from discussing what might in store for Smash Bros. as far as new characters (Outlook Not So Good since Duck Hunt Dog is getting a debut trailer more than a month after people discovered his existance), but considering that hyping Duck Hunt Dog as a newcomer won't be a good idea, I'll just throw in my two cents about the moral alignment spiel.

First off... Hades of Medusa?

In my opinion, I guess that although he is the true villain of Kid Icarus series, he's too new to be known as the main villain.
If I was to choose a villain from Kid Icarus, that'll be Medusa, because she was a main villain from the first Kid Icarus before Hades, and although she had lesser roles on the recent ones and might not be so popular than I thought, she was still important as part of the main key person of the series. But there's one point...if the Smash 4 takes place after KI:U, then I do understand why Medusa nor Hades were not chosen...
I can understand that argument for Hades, but my argument against that is that he was too new a villain, while Medusa, in spite of her reduced stature, remained vital in the Kid Icarus mythos. Plus... I feel Medusa doesn't get the respect she deserves, especially since she was the only character I could like in Uprising since she was honest about everything and wasn't wasting time cracking jokes and trying to be funny (I don't play as any of the KI characters unless I need a punching bag). Also, how can you go wrong being the only female playable villian in Smash Bros.?

Second... Who Goes First (aka Golden Sun talky time!)

Well, Palutena is far more popular regardless. Also, Dark Pit was a last minute addition to the roster anyway. Medusa was probably the more likely villain if one was chosen due to her key status. It's like choosing, say, Grodus over Bowser.(just imagine Grodus was introduced before Bowser was before Melee was created for the purpose of this argument) Or, if you will, Majora over Ganondorf, since he was more recent.
From what I've noticed, the villain choices(the first one shown) is the main one first seen or more important, not the latest one seen. Just like the main hero of a series would be the first specifically from that series. I.E. Let's say they did a Shining Force representative. It's going to likely be Max since he's the first hero of the series as a whole. Shining in the Darkness is... odd. I can't even remember if it has a canon hero. Same with Isaac in Golden Sun. Felix existed around that time too, yet he doesn't much appear. I don't know if he had even a single appearance in Brawl. Maybe a Sticker or Trophy? It's clear Isaac was the main hero. It's made more blatant he's the main hero at the end of the second game, although that's a spoiler-based reason. Another funny example would be choosing Silver over Sonic just based upon the Sonic series itself. He's the latest hero, and even could bring a highly unique moveset(even if it could have a move or two copied from Mewtwo potentially. ...Somehow should make a hack of him using Project M Mewtwo, heh). It's obvious who was chosen, for more than one reason.
Basically, when it comes to Heroes, the first main one of the basic series represented will show up. And sometimes their sidekick(s).
For villains, it'll be the most viable and most notable first. Wolf is both of these, as he's far easier to make a moveset out of than Andross, and can still be considered a villain depending the particular game.
First off, Golden Sun didn't get any stickers in spite of having actual character artwork (as opposed to MOTHER 3, which was just standing sprites for the characters instead of clay models), and Isaac was the only trophy (though unlike most, his artwork and actual trophy are different from each other). However, Isaac is established by the Golden Sun canon as the true hero of the series, and while I like Felix more, his role in the series was merely to be the guy who eventually reveals to Isaac the truth, however unpretty it is, and also show that he wasn't a bad guy, but rather a guy who had to caravan with a pair (or trio in the case of Forever Unfought adversary Alex/Arcanus) of complete a-holes. So, if Golden Sun gets its long-overdue represnative in the Wii U (unlikely) or future DLC (kinda likely), it'll just be Isaac, and that'll probably be how future installments will focus on Golden Sun's involvement.

That's how a newcomer for a franchise shows up for their universe... they have to be the central hero, followed by their sidekicks. In order for a villain to appear, the heroes have to appear first, and in the search of new fighters, the villains would be considered. But, a wrench can be thrown in if there's a new hero that shows up in this timeline... which unfortunately happened in the case of Dark Pit (and calling him a "hero" is the nicest thing I'll ever say about him... he's a Nominal Hero at best), though we can safely argue that his inclusion was A) he's a clone and B) he was a Sakurai creation.

Third... Where Does Mewtwo & Wario fit in the Greal Moral Alignment Debate?

Mewtwo is an ambiguous case, considering the movies, the TV show, and the games often contradict themselves. For example, in the anime, the most iconic Drapion is used by Pokemon Hunter J, the most ruthless character in show history, is presented as evil, but in the HeartGold/SoulSilver manga (where the villains make J look tame), the hero has a Drapion, and it's a good Pokemon. The difference lies primarily on who uses the Pokemon that is a reflection of the Pokemon's mentality or morality, since they reflect on their trainer for support. Of course, in Smash Bros., they liked to emphasize that he is the Savage Pokemon, and one who liked to mock in the Japanese version of Melee, so there is that part of the argument.

As for Wario... he's an anti-hero. He does good deeds, but that's because there's money to be had, or the deed was accidental. That's why I felt the ending of Shake It! was so fitting for him. In Brawl's Subspace Emissary, his villainy is largely because it's the side where there's profit, and it's more fun, while Bowser & Ganondorf are part due to the fact that they are more evil.

Now that I've said this, hopefully we can focus on talking about who might be playable as opposed to just their orientation.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well ridleys fate chances of being shown at this is 97% chance but

One things for sure its a lock that :4duckhunt: and:4bowserjr: are getting trailers at this. (Look at potd)

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
The false hype is only made by people like you. He teased him as a boss, nothing else.
Yes you right, It's so easy to take it like that, this doesn't surprise me when I see how video games become, YES for everything and now we have payable dlc in nintendo games(I hate that) because of people like you, but everyone is happy so who cares after all?

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
I honestly dont think the trailers for Duck hunt & Bowser jr are going to be in the direct. I know a lot of peolpe are aware of there presence in the game but their still secret characters so revealing them in the Direct wouldnt sound official and it wouldnt techinally be a new thing other than an official reveal. It makes more sense to just upload the trailers on the site before the Direct kinda like Robin and Lucina's video.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I honestly dont think the trailers for Duck hunt & Bowser jr are going to be in the direct. I know a lot of peolpe are aware of there presence in the game but their still secret characters so revealing them in the Direct wouldnt sound official and it wouldnt techinally be a new thing other than an official reveal. It makes more sense to just upload the trailers on the site before the Direct kinda like Robin and Lucina's video.
:glare:

:facepalm: Did you even look at the potd today.

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
The false hype is only made by people like you. He teased him as a boss, nothing else.
lol. Sakurai has said before that he knows that people want Ridley. He's also said that he doesn't like to create false hope. When a character is de-confirmed,(assist trophy, hazard, etc.) he goes out of his way to make it clear that the character isn't playable. Yet for some reason, he doesn't do it with Ridley. We've got nothing but Pyrosphere pics with teasing captions about him as well as the whole shadow thing. I'm not expecting him to be playable nor do I want him, but I can't really blame people for getting their hopes at least a little bit.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

I think he did , but , it sound stupid to do something like that for newcomer who 95 % person know the existance . The game is out 1 month ago and sell 3 Million unit . 3 Million people + A lot of internet wiewer know the roster ... Save his trailer for another time , friday , but not during the direct , it sound so wrong to show " What wii u had best" with a already know newcomer trailer .

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace

Yes and Sakurai said there will be a video, but he never said it would be in the Direct yet.

The game is out 1 month ago and sell 3 Million unit . 3 Million people + A lot of internet wiewer know the roster ... Save his trailer for another time , friday , but not during the direct , it sound so wrong to show " What wii u had best" with a already know newcomer trailer .
Thats why think his trailer will be like Robins. Along with him being known for a while he's still a secret fighter so why spoil the surprise with the Direct for people who don't have the 3ds or don't want to see the final roster yet.

Even if people were curious they have the internet and I'm pretty sure Sakurai is aware of that or else he would have put a black mark on DH like with the Wii U Master/Crazy hand mode instead of being pixilated.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Yes you right, It's so easy to take it like that, this doesn't surprise me when I see how video games become, YES for everything and now we have payable dlc in nintendo games(I hate that) because of people like you, but everyone is happy so who cares after all?
I really dislike how when anyone complains about things they don't like in Smash or the industry they're called whiny or entitled. I agree with you on that so much. Regardless of how Sakurai meant for Ridleys shadow to be taken, it's quite obvious from anyone who isn't out of touch that it'd give people hope he was on the roster. If he really isn't on the roster then he spent over a year and a half teasing him with a comment on Pyrosphere and then a shadow to not be straightforward with it. Saying he wants to keep things to show off for the Wii U version doesn't hold any water since Ridley's been known to be something at least since April.

It's not just the people who were excited that Ridley may be playable that are at fault. Sakurai is just as much at fault for not treating Ridley, and his fans, like every other deconfirmed character. Even Metal Face who was teased a few months ago was shown fully as a trophy by now. It's been what, a bit over six months since that Ridley shadow. He went above and beyond dragging his feet with Ridley and in the end if he's not on the roster then not only did he lie about not liking false hype, he didn't end the speculation much sooner like a decent person would. He ended the Prince Sable speculation in under an hour when he forgot to mention he was only an assist trophy.

Still gonna wait til Thursday, and heck probably even until release, if he doesn't mention Ridley tomorrow at all. I don't expect anything, though, and I'll probably still be disappointed.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
I really dislike how when anyone complains about things they don't like in Smash or the industry they're called whiny or entitled. I agree with you on that so much. Regardless of how Sakurai meant for Ridleys shadow to be taken, it's quite obvious from anyone who isn't out of touch that it'd give people hope he was on the roster. If he really isn't on the roster then he spent over a year and a half teasing him with a comment on Pyrosphere and then a shadow to not be straightforward with it. Saying he wants to keep things to show off for the Wii U version doesn't hold any water since Ridley's been known to be something at least since April.

It's not just the people who were excited that Ridley may be playable that are at fault. Sakurai is just as much at fault for not treating Ridley, and his fans, like every other deconfirmed character. Even Metal Face who was teased a few months ago was shown fully as a trophy by now. It's been what, a bit over six months since that Ridley shadow. He went above and beyond dragging his feet with Ridley and in the end if he's not on the roster then not only did he lie about not liking false hype, he didn't end the speculation much sooner like a decent person would. He ended the Prince Sable speculation in under an hour when he forgot to mention he was only an assist trophy.

Still gonna wait til Thursday, and heck probably even until release, if he doesn't mention Ridley tomorrow at all. I don't expect anything, though, and I'll probably still be disappointed.
We don't know what Sakurai is intending with Ridley. If he is revealed in Direct in some form he'll will definitely explain his final decision and why it took so long to reveal him.

I want Ridley as much as the next guy but this Direct is the last chance to show him off if he's a Stage boss and if he still isn't mentioned or is still being teased then it pretty much increases his chances as DLC.

Ever since Melee people have been wanting him and I don't think Sakurai can be that oblivious unless he really can't think of a way to make him playable without him having a similar play-style with Charizard, but even then we have a lot of sword users so I don't think it would be a problem.

Last edited:

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
We don't know what Sakurai is intending with Ridley. If he is revealed in Direct in some form he'll will definitely explain his final decision and why it took so long to reveal him.

I want Ridley as much as the next guy but this Direct is the last chance to show him off if he's a Stage boss and if he still isn't mentioned or is still being teased then it pretty much increases his chances as DLC.
Yeah if they don't discuss or reveal Ridley in this direct I think I'll just be confused. I wouldn't know if I should be hyped or insulted or what. If he's a boss I just want to see him by now. If we don't even see him tomorrow then... what? Make up my mind, Sakurai!

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I kind of feel like the fact that they practically out right said they would reveal Duck Hunt, alongside the Amazon leak, implies there is something big they are holding back till now. Might be a character, but I don't think they will use Duck Hunt as the surprise.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
It will definitely be very strange if Ridley is not mentioned tomorrow. But honestly, I can almost guarantee that he'll be playable at a later time if he's not in the game at first. Obviously they wouldn't show him off like they did- only to add him as a boss at a later time after the game is already released...it would make no sense when they have extra time to make him playable.

Sooo...I guess now we can all hope we don't see him. lol

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think he did , but , it sound stupid to do something like that for newcomer who 95 % person know the existance . The game is out 1 month ago and sell 3 Million unit . 3 Million people + A lot of internet wiewer know the roster ... Save his trailer for another time , friday , but not during the direct , it sound so wrong to show " What wii u had best" with a already know newcomer trailer .
I agree but sadly i think theres no avoiding it

Im pretty sure we will get the trailer tomorrow due to direct and for the few people who did not see the uber spoilers/own a 3ds

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
If the Direct features the Tower of Smash everyone was talking about,
this may be a good sign for the yet unrevealed characters.

Bob Sanchez

Smash Rookie

I agree. I thought Chrom was pretty much shown to be part of Robin's final smash, but some people still took it as he was playable. The very next day? Sakurai went out of his way to say "CHROM IS NOT PLAYABLE" and the fact of everyone else being debunked fast af, why was Ridley given all this time to be up in the air?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I agree. I thought Chrom was pretty much shown to be part of Robin's final smash, but some people still took it as he was playable. The very next day? Sakurai went out of his way to say "CHROM IS NOT PLAYABLE" and the fact of everyone else being debunked fast af, why was Ridley given all this time to be up in the air?
Sakurai is a troll. Remember the Alph post on the Miiverse ? He tried to troll people by saying that he was his own character because he had his own name. Then people find out it was false and he was only an alt. Here, I'm pretty sure he wants to troll even more with Ridley, thanks to the popularity of the character and the meme it caused.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Sakurai is a troll. Remember the Alph post on the Miiverse ? He tried to troll people by saying that he was his own character because he had his own name. Then people find out it was false and he was only an alt. Here, I'm pretty sure he wants to troll even more with Ridley, thanks to the popularity of the character and the meme it caused.
He actually said "The hero from Pikmin 3, Alph joins the battle!! He has pretty much the same set skills as Olimar since he's basically just his variation. He can't use Rock Pikmin either."

It's clearly implying he's an alt

Plus this was after the 3DS version launched meaning everyone knew about this

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
He actually said "The hero from Pikmin 3, Alph joins the battle!! He has pretty much the same set skills as Olimar since he's basically just his variation. He can't use Rock Pikmin either."

Oh, sorry then, my mistake. But still, Sakurai loves to troll people in his way.

Bob Sanchez

Smash Rookie
Oh, sorry then, my mistake. But still, Sakurai loves to troll people in his way.
But he's also said he does not like to create false hope for characters, and even shows it by going out of his way to deconfirm EVERYONE else who could be taken out of context to be playable. If he was trying to troll why not do it with some of the others too?

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
He does like to troll but it's never been this... malicious? Mean spirited? Ridley gets implied a boss but never outright stated as such, nor shown off. Sakurai drags his feet and refuses to answer anyones questions on the matter and doesn't clear the air of his status. This goes beyond trolling into blatant disregard for one particular fanbase. For it to not pay off positively for said fanbase will have any respect I may have had for the man to be shattered into dust.

I'll admit, I wasn't 100% sure on Chroms status myself. I figured he was a Final Smash, but with the whole "You'll have your chance today!" I was curious if he was on the roster or an alt or just a final Smash. Yet as you said, Sakurai cleared it up right away. I don't want to admit it but what if he only clears things up that the Japanese fanbase cares about? I mean, when he showed off Wonder Reds trophy he didn't go out of his way to say he wasn't playable and that seems like a more Western liked game. I dunno anymore. I've never been this "unhype" for a Smash game before.

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom

There's also the fact that Alph's character select picture was the same pose as Olimar pose too which confirmed that Alph was an Olimar alt even more.(His render was shown off in a POTD right?)

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Yeah guys let's be real here, Sakurai has stated several times that the Wii U version will have the SAME ROSTER as the 3DS version. He isn't gonna put more characters on the Wii U version and then make 3DS owners connect to a Wii U for transferring those said newcomers, because that would simply be a **** move on Nintendo's part, and they would be showing that they care more about Smash Bros Wii U owners than Smash 3DS owners. Face it, we already have the roster, its the same one in the 3DS version. Ridley is a Boss Hazard, Mewtwo and K Rool are trophies, Isaac and Golden Sun are nonexistent in Smash all together, and Wolf, Ice Climbers, Lucas, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Snake are cut. There it is, the cold hard truth.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
There's also the fact that Alph's character select picture was the same pose as Olimar pose too which confirmed that Alph was an Olimar alt even more.(His render was shown off in a POTD right?)
Totally forgot about that

Yeah guys let's be real here, Sakurai has stated several times that the Wii U version will have the SAME ROSTER as the 3DS version. He isn't gonna put more characters on the Wii U version and then make 3DS owners connect to a Wii U for transferring those said newcomers, because that would simply be a **** move on Nintendo's part, and they would be showing that they care more about Smash Bros Wii U owners than Smash 3DS owners. Face it, we already have the roster, its the same one in the 3DS version. Ridley is a Boss Hazard, Mewtwo and K Rool are trophies, Isaac and Golden Sun are nonexistent in Smash all together, and Wolf, Ice Climbers, Lucas, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Snake are cut. There it is, the cold hard truth.
Bye.

Also, If I'm paying for a more expensive game on a more expensive console I kinda expect a little more

This thread is 45 pages long and that's already been brought up multiple times

Last edited:

Bob Sanchez

Smash Rookie
Totally forgot about that

Bye.

Also, If I'm paying for a more expensive game on a more expensive console I kinda expect a little more

This thread is 45 pages long and that's already been brought up multiple times
Yea exactly. It's a BIGGER BETTER version. If you want the 3ds version you can pay the 40, but the people who pay the 60 should get the extra content, you're paying more so you should get more. It's as simple as that.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Yea exactly. It's a BIGGER BETTER version. If you want the 3ds version you can pay the 40, but the people who pay the 60 should get the extra content, you're paying more so you should get more. It's as simple as that.
Well the "more" is technically the different modes that aren't in the 3DS version, not characters. I guess will see if there's going to be new characters, they'll be announced months after the Wii U release, like Mario Kart 8.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
The whole "Chrom ordeal" is an interesting matter. Why would Sakurai come out and say something regarding Chrom when everyone and their mother wonders about Ridley's status.
...something isn't adding up.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just remember, he did not state that the Wii U would not get any more characters while the 3DS gets them later. That is still possible. So is the Wii U version introducing some others, which you immediately get on the 3DS via free DLC or connecting both. I think pure DLC is more likely, because what he spoke of regarding character creation suggests he had no time to make anyone else. I personally think Ridley will be DLC. Mewtwo would be the same. However, I could see returning Brawl vets(Wolf, Lucas, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and maybe if lucky, Snake) or more clones on the Wii U roster who would be available for the 3DS as soon as humanly possible as well. If they're quick clones or quickly revamped vets with almost no changes from their previous self, it'd be easy to add one or two of them between the 3DS and Wii U release. Hell, Pichu could be a quick character to make, with Mewtwo being made later since he requires far more effort. Let's be fair, they do both have their fans, one more than the other, of course.

Unrelated, does anybody remember how he made Tingle sound important on an earlier PotD? We know he's already an AT, so why? I'm totally grasping at straws here, but maybe he plans to make him as a new DLC character for fun and he's also going to be in Hyrule Warriors, thus, an Amiibo for both games using one figure could be done. Smash's Link Amiibo also works with Hyrule Warriors, after all. Reminder; Straw-grasping and a fun theory. I actually expect a HW-inspired Impa or Ganon(Trident/Dual Swords) or Toon Ganondorf playable first.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Just remember, he did not state that the Wii U would not get any more characters while the 3DS gets them later. That is still possible. So is the Wii U version introducing some others, which you immediately get on the 3DS via free DLC or connecting both. I think pure DLC is more likely, because what he spoke of regarding character creation suggests he had no time to make anyone else. I personally think Ridley will be DLC. Mewtwo would be the same. However, I could see returning Brawl vets(Wolf, Lucas, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and maybe if lucky, Snake) or more clones on the Wii U roster who would be available for the 3DS as soon as humanly possible as well. If they're quick clones or quickly revamped vets with almost no changes from their previous self, it'd be easy to add one or two of them between the 3DS and Wii U release. Hell, Pichu could be a quick character to make, with Mewtwo being made later since he requires far more effort. Let's be fair, they do both have their fans, one more than the other, of course.

Unrelated, does anybody remember how he made Tingle sound important on an earlier PotD? We know he's already an AT, so why? I'm totally grasping at straws here, but maybe he plans to make him as a new DLC character for fun and he's also going to be in Hyrule Warriors, thus, an Amiibo for both games using one figure could be done. Smash's Link Amiibo also works with Hyrule Warriors, after all. Reminder; Straw-grasping and a fun theory. I actually expect a HW-inspired Impa or Ganon(Trident/Dual Swords) or Toon Ganondorf playable first.
Keep in mind if there were more on the wii u version, they would be planned long in advance

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Pardon for asking but how did Sakurai make Tingle sound important & when? Also, Tingle might be important since it was said that ATs played a role in All Star mode so maybe he's talking about that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Keep in mind if there were more on the wii u version, they would be planned long in advance
Not necessarily. If he had just enough time between versions to quickly bring someone back, he can fix them up for the 3DS version. Not every character was planned right away. We know that. That is a likely case, but definitely not a "no way he didn't think of doing this late in development" situation. We don't know how he'll do it. If he does at all.

Pardon for asking but how did Sakurai make Tingle sound important & when? Also, Tingle might be important since it was said that ATs played a role in All Star mode so maybe he's talking about that.
Let me find the quote. "
Pic of the day. The legendary hero Riki appears as an Assist Trophy and in Shulk's Final Smash!! As an Assist Trophy, he uses many arts like Happy Happy, Freezinate, and Yoink! He sounds a bit like Tingle…but don't worry, Tingle will make an appearance too.
By the way, a cursor will appear above Assist Trophies and Pokémon to indicate which fighter is its ally. Now you can tell right off the bat who it belongs to!!"

Never mind then. I want to know why he bothered to mention him out of other random AT's. Probably just for the sole sake of similar "random AT attacks", I guess. I think the fact he only bothered during the same PotD that Riki is confirmed for having two roles made people think that maybe Tingle could have something more. It just looks strange, but I do agree it probably was nothing. And since AT's don't seem to matter in the 3DS' All-Star, I doubt this was referencing that. It was a Wii U pic, though. Yeah, never mind my theory then. It'd be fun, especially if he shows up in HW, but eh. I misremembered that PotD then. Wasn't as special as I thought. XD

Johnpiece

Smash Rookie
I would just want to know how Sakurai and Nintendo plan on making the Wii U version "shine" when it comes to purchasing a Wii U and Smash U. I'm sure we all know that the system is falling behind what they expected. And keep in mind this is one of THE biggest releases for the platform. If it just has a couple different modes and stages i do not see that making people run to buy it. I feel like Sakurai and Nintendo are not dumb enough for this to happen and they can take this opportunity to really interest people into getting the game. With that being said i do feel like if something big is going to be announced it will be tomorrow, because if you don't catch the livestream on their website i'm sure it will go up on youtube and then trend around the world easily for someone at least somewhat interested in this games release to see. Personally i can't imagine that this game will not have DLC at least in the future. Think of all the profit they can make with DLC!!

Oh well, you never know when it comes to these guys. Hopefully Nintendo and Sakurai don't throw this golden opportunity away,,,

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Also, I want to mention pretty much everything Sakurai says he wants to do can be negated by one simple thing: He doesn't run Nintendo. Nintendo let him make the game how he wants, but it's within their power to hold characters back for the WiiU version if they think it will create sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom