• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

There's still hope left

GamenerdAdvance

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure all of you have heard, but there are a fair few songs in Brawls data, fully programmed, yet not accesible, nor unlockable. Like the 'forbidden' trophies in SSBM, if you will. Some songs include that overhyped SMRPG song (beware the forest's mushrooms), Ballad Of The Wind Fish, All the best Mother songs (Because I love you, Eight Melodies, Hippy fight) and Toot Toot Sonic Warrior (You Can Do Anything).

Now what am I getting at?

Well, what I'm saying is that it's ENTIRELY possible for Nintendo to make these available via patch. I know, 'no downloadables', says Sakurai, but it would only take about 1 or 2 blocks of Wii memory to serve as an activatipn key to these songs, because they already exist in the games. It is, in a sense, comparable to the event downloads for Pokémon games, in that the data is already there but just needs to be triggered.

Alternatively, once a PC haxxor for Brawl files comes along, we could potentially access these songs. Basically, you would download a program for editing Stage Builder files, put the files on your SD, and you would be able to manipulate the file into loading these locked songs for your stages.

That is all.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
The songs are NOT there, they where not there when we ripped it they aren't even on the CD we looked.

GamenerdAdvance

Smash Apprentice
The songs are NOT there, they where not there when we ripped it they aren't even on the CD we looked.

D:

Well I was certainly duped. Some guy on Youtube was posting Brawl songs, and started posting Brawl 'lost tracks'. They were all pretty convincing remixes and the poster didn't really seem like the kind of guy who remixes his own stuff, so it made sense. They were still pretty sexy remixes though - type in 'Brawl Lost Tracks' on Youtube. The BOTWF will blow you away.

But if you say so.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Sorry about that man, the only way we found out what some of these names where was from the soundfile text dump it listed them as BGM, but they are no where to be found.
So any "lost Tracks" you might hear are not the real thing.

Naybewon

Smash Ace
Even in a downloadable "patch", you couldn't make it work with the actual GAME. You could at MOST only listen to the songs on your Wii--that having nothing to do with, again, the game.

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
wow BOTWF is amazing..either someone is good at doing remixes..or maybe they are the lost Tracks who knows =\

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The following is a song that was originally planned to be in brawl, but was cut out of the game. Some of the Lost Tracks I am going to be putting up may or may not be the versions originally planned to be used in the game.
Sounds like bdcool just found some really awesome VGmixes from, say, OCReMix? And then he put them up.

Also, I almost forgot how much amazing win MGS2's opening theme was.

GamenerdAdvance

Smash Apprentice
Sounds like bdcool just found some really awesome VGmixes from, say, OCReMix? And then he put them up.

Ah, that would explain it.

But I still think it wasn't a wise move to ditch songs like that, yet put in things like Seven Rings In Hand, Waluigi Pinball, and about four remixes of the same SMB song.

Liontamer

Smash Rookie
The "lost track" YouTubes were nothing of ours, I can say that.

What's wrong with "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms", GNA? :laugh: It's not the greatest track ever, but it's pretty catchy!

Larry "Liontamer" Oji
Assistant Soundtrack Director, Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Head Submissions Evaluator, OverClocked ReMix
Creator, VG Frequency
Staff, VGMdb
http://www.ocremix.org
http://www.vgfrequency.com
http://www.vgmdb.net

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Ah, that would explain it.

But I still think it wasn't a wise move to ditch songs like that, yet put in things like Seven Rings In Hand, Waluigi Pinball, and about four remixes of the same SMB song.
Waluigi Pinball is one of the best Mario Kart tracks of all-time so its song deserved to show up. Bu I do agree about the Sonic songs, it was just cut-up versions of the theme songs, and we didn't even get "What I'm Made Of".

Top Bottom