• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

They should've given us ALL the old stages

GamenerdAdvance

Smash Apprentice
Wishful thinking perhaps, but then again; Brawl is a dual-layered disc, yet they have left one of the layers barely used. Plus it's not like it takes long to port over an old stage.

Personally, I can't possibly imagine why Fourside got the short end of the stick.

So the question is: What Past Stages do you miss?

:034:

Smash Hero
Pretty much every 64 stage.

From Melee stages, I miss the old Final Destination. Oh well.

Zixion

Smash Cadet
Fourside>Onnet
Mushroom kingdom 2> Yoshi's Island
Mute city>Big blue (Yeah, I know, it's the same as port town)
Peach castle> Rainbow cruise
Fountain of dreams> Green Greens
Termina> Temple

Melee final destination> All mentioned

The stage selection was poor... What where they thinking...?

GamenerdAdvance

Smash Apprentice
Fourside>Onnet
Mushroom kingdom 2> Yoshi's Island
Mute city>Big blue (Yeah, I know, it's the same as port town)
Peach castle> Rainbow cruise
Fountain of dreams> Green Greens
Termina> Temple

The stage selection was poor... What where they thinking...?

Well for things like Mute City/Big Blue, it's obviously for variety reasons, but why Onett got in over Fourside I'll never understand.

SFJake

Smash Apprentice
Agree, if they could fit them in, I don't see why they did not. And they could just take the old 64 stages, redo them slightly, make the textures a bit higher res, and they would've been awesome in this game.

But they prefer to be lazy. I guessed they prefer to work for more stickers and trophies which most don't give a crap about.

Except the music. Oh god it sucked.

Looper

Smash Journeyman
i miss hyrule castle, i'm compensating by making them with the stage builder

D.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5257-9865-7609
I really liked Fountain of Dreams, and most of the 64 stages. Especially Dream Land and the Donkey Kong stages. Boy I miss the days when the DK stages didn't suck.

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
1 Thing I want the most is Corneria N64 Size.
YES! Everytime I look back at the stage and look at what it is now I cry WHY? The characters are bigger than the Great Fox's bridge, or whatever the cockpit is called in big ships.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
All the melee stages would have been great. some may argue that there is no point for Mute City because there is Port Town or that FoD is just another 3 platform level, but all the melee stage returning would have made up for the pathetic stage builder.

Condor

Smash Cadet
i do miss four side and peach castle, and i wonder why they picked some of the stages from melee that they did to continue in brawl.... Big blue? jungle japes (smash64 much better)? Rainbow cruise!? what the heck were they thinking?!

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I miss Fountain of Dreams cuz of the scenary:(
I agree, I know it was so similar to other stages, but something about the scenery just made it so much different. Plus, epic Kirby v. Dedede battle would've been...well, epic.

As for stages I would've liked to see return (not picking "every past stage from both SSB64 and Melee")...

-Princess Peach's Castle
-Kongo Jungle (was a little odd, but was a fun DK stage)
-Great Bay
-Fountain of Dreams
-Mute City
-Mushroom Kingdom (SSB64)
-Brinstar Depths (we could've had another non-lava Metroid stage)
-Fourside
-PokeFloats
-Final Destination (Melee)
-Dream Land (SSB64)
-Yoshi's Island (SSB64)
-Kongo Jungle (SSB64)
-Hyrule Castle (SSB64)
-Peach's Castle (SSB64)
-Sector Z (SSB64)
-Saffron City (SSB64)

All of them were good stages, in my opinion. Not quite sure why Great Bay didn't make a return, it was a really good stage. It would totally change the dynamic with swimming, but that would be a good thing, wouldn't it?

kazaken455

Smash Apprentice
64 stages were the best. Saffron City. 64 mushroom kingdom (the only good one) Hyrule Castle (I kinda wish they would make a new one though, based off TP castle). I really don't want FoD very much because it was just a smalled battlefield, but I am glad they kept Big Blue. I also would have kept the 64 Donkey Kong stage.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
They should have brought back all stages. Even the different versions of Corneria, Final Destination, and other stages remade in different games.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
I dunno. I think they wanted a lot of variety in Brawl. They also wanted classic stages that fitted in well (old N64 stages would look too outdated).

They do provide the stages in online matches, so they have to be picky about which stages are in the game.

We do have stage builder to replicate past stages, admittedly not perfectly, but it's there.

I miss Kongo Jungle 64 the most.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I miss them too, but that's what stage builder is for. If you only miss them for the effects in the background, I'd say Peach's Castle, awesome bullet bills come to kill you!

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
I respect their decision for variety, but why bring back the original Pokemon Stadium when we already have one that's cooler? Give me Poke Floats!

I also want:

- Fourside
- Kongo Jungle
- Hyrule Castle N64
- Saffron City N64
- Mushroom Kingdom II
- Fountain of Dreams

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Fourside was replaced by New pork
Kongo jungle (64) was replaced by 75m
FoD with the enhanced graphics and the mirror would probably lag the game.
Mushroom kingdom 2 was a stupid stage, 2 walkoffs and birdo.

Why are we even discussing the other 64 stages that didn't make it in melee, some of them were just too huge, and most of them sucked anyway.

Gill

Smash Journeyman
They should've made Final Destination from the N64 Smash selectable.

Also why they didn't bring over Fountain of Dreams instead of Green Greens is beyond me.

Quelt1

Smash Rookie
I respect their decision for variety, but why bring back the original Pokemon Stadium when we already have one that's cooler? Give me Poke Floats!
Exactly! Those near misses and another one comes up to save you... perfect!

InfiniteSmash1221

Smash Cadet
I miss the old 64 hyrule castle, corneria, and safron city. Pokefloats was always fun, but what i really miss is melee final destination.

Tooth

Smash Rookie
I just wish one more stage that was more balanced was available. Maybe more stages could come out online in the future?

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
I dunno if they could have put all the past stages, too much time and space

But if *I* was in charge, I would have put all the 64 stages in and a few more melee stages (I mean we dont need two battlefields and FDs)

anyway, I miss safron city, Hyrule castle, Yoshis story (64), Great Bay, Peach's castle and that one metroid stage from melee that rotated I cant remember its name....

Runeblade279

Smash Apprentice
Every single old school 64 stage -- they all rocked.

And Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Termina, Peach's Castle from melee.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Pretty Much all the classic 64 stages apart from Dreamland, its basically a bigger battlefield just with blowing wind thats was hardly an hazard! the same goes for FoD, sure the scenary was nice, but it was a small battlefield and 2 slowly moving platforms, same goes for Yoshi's story(melee) a battlefield just with moving clouds, ooh, so spectacular
Anyway Great Bay and Fourside was unique and should've been kept, but I think stages like Kongo Jungle(melee) could easily be recreated via the stage builder!

GetSmashedWithTheBros

Smash Apprentice
I dunno if they could have put all the past stages, too much time and space

But if *I* was in charge, I would have put all the 64 stages in and a few more melee stages (I mean we dont need two battlefields and FDs)

anyway, I miss safron city, Hyrule castle, Yoshis story (64), Great Bay, Peach's castle and that one metroid stage from melee that rotated I cant remember its name....

brinstar depths

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I miss many stages. I was dissapointed in Green Greens, as it's barely playable as is. It's true that there were two many Battlefield look alikes in Melee, but FoD was freakin' awesome. Sure, you can mostly recreate it, but c'mon.

Brinstar Depths was enjoyable, and while some courses might give you a similar feel(Frigate Orpheon), nothing beats the playability of the spin.

Hyrule Temple is fun but it's terrible for any tourney. New Pork City just plain sucks, anyway. The Yoshi stages are okay, and where's Peach's Castle(either version)? No Bowser stage either, which is very lame. Not to mention that Pirate Ship's actual ship design is just the Rainbow Ride's design.

Rainbow Ride SUCKED anyway, so having it back was a letdown. I understand that Mute City returning would be too cliché, but the music rocked. Big Blue wasn't very playable, anyway. We get Pokemon Stadium 1, but not Flat Zone 1? Where's the justice?! I was also dissapointed in the lack of Kirby stages compared to Melee which had 2 new ones. I'm sick of fighting Kirby, DDD, and Metaknight in the Halberd on All-Star, same with anyone else with one course(save Sonic, Snake, and Falcon).

Yeah, the stage selection is mostly terrible, with good ones here and there.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Yeah, I agree with you. They should've left them all in the game, but it didn't happen. C'est la vie. The stage I wasn't looking forward to however was Green Greens. Woulda preferred Fountain of Dreams, but that's just me ;)
Oh and why did they put Big Blue in the game? It is my most hated stage ;_;

Anyway, I'm done :D I'm pleased with the amount of stages and their hazards, so I won't complain anymore

Top Bottom