• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

things that should not have been put in brawl

sammy p

Smash Lord
wat are some of the items, characters, stages, music, modes, ect. that would have been better off left out of Super Smash bros Brawl?

PrinceRamen

Smash Lord
NNID
PrinceRamen
3DS FC
1590-4706-2476
Rotation! what's the point in that?!? People can rotate the controls around themselves! They could of put something better than that. Seriously!!!

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Tripping

lulz

Seriously though, I think the Demos are pointless. They only give you 30 seconds to play and what's the point of playing the games if you can just download them for VC. All they do is take up space.

sammy p

Smash Lord
yea. idk bout anyone else and this might sound stupid but i think that the learning curb in the game is fun!! i enjoy figuring out the controls ofthe game!

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
Even though I really detest the Subspace Emissary, I think it was a good decision to put it in Brawl. It did what it was designed to do―expand upon SSBMs adventure mode, albeit it did so horribly. It's the right step forward.

Everything else you wrote though, I pretty much agree with.

Iri5hL3gaCY

Smash Cadet
i think we're all pretty irritated by tripping =D

but why is goldeen still in those pokeballs??!? >.<

Elucifur

Smash Apprentice
The only thing I don't like is tripping. I love everything else though. Yes, everything.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Obviously, tripping.

The Subspace Emissary just took up space in my opinion. Now don't get me wrong, the SSE was awesome, I loved seeing all my favorite Nintendo characters coming together to defeat a force larger than themselves, but it seems like a bit too much and just took up a lot of space. It could have been presented beer also.

The opening video was horrible. All it is is a bunch of gameplay clips and SSE clips unprofessionally put together in a small video. It was horrible. I remember SSB64 and Melee's openings, those were awesome, they were a lot more cinematic.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
Tripping is fine. It never happens to me anymore.

There's not really anything that I want removed. The only issue I found with SSE was the Great Maze. All it did was make you basically replay the entire SSE all over again in one giant mega level. If they had cut that out and just gone to the Tabuu fight, or maybe just another level before him, then it would have been fine.

Everything else is fine imo.

PrinceRamen

Smash Lord
NNID
PrinceRamen
3DS FC
1590-4706-2476
The opening video was horrible. All it is is a bunch of gameplay clips and SSE clips unprofessionally put together in a small video. It was horrible. I remember SSB64 and Melee's openings, those were awesome, they were a lot more cinematic.
There's not really anything that I want removed. The only issue I found with SSE was the Great Maze. All it did was make you basically replay the entire SSE all over again in one giant mega level. If they had cut that out and just gone to the Tabuu fight, or maybe just another level before him, then it would have been fine.
Yes and yes.:laugh:

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
DDD infinite, stamina, Rotation mode(what's the point?), Donkey Kong fthrow being escapable by simply holding up/down(seriously, wtf), and Ness.

I think those are the biggies.

Also, I agree with the opening clips.

Oh and online lag. I'd love that to be removed.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Rotation existed in melee. It is not new (though still pointless)
let me see..

tripping
subspace
many of the crappy new pokemon
the feature that CPUs team up on you.
footstooling opponents who are attacking
auto sweetspotting
auto sweetspotting with tether recoveries

PrinceRamen

Smash Lord
NNID
PrinceRamen
3DS FC
1590-4706-2476
the feature that CPUs team up on you.
Oh that too.
I once went to Bridge of Elden with Pit to spam arrows on the other cpu's while they were killing each other, but they were following me the whole time. Man i got frustrated.

Salvo Fenris

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to agree with tripping, but I'd like to narrow it down a bit. I'm honestly okay with the concept of tripping. What I dislike is random tripping. That annoys the hell out of me and can completely turn the tide of a match. I would be fine with tripping if it was limited to bananas, as those aren't random and can be used strategically, as well as avoided. The only precaution you can take to avoid random tripping is not touching the ground.

Project D

Smash Journeyman
I can probably make a fairly large list =/
but tripping can tick me off quite a bit, like every brawl I've done, I've tripped up like 75% more than my opponent and sometimes my opponenet doesn't even trip at all in the match while I trip about 6 times >.<

get rid of some BIG *** stages, Hyrule Temple/New Pork City, people just run ¬_¬

well that only a couple =/

gopobox

Smash Journeyman
What i hate is when you trip and then a guy just smashes you out of the stage and you lose. just to add. I personally dont like target tests or smash is what its called now. Although i suck at it. I loved how in previous versions, each character had different target tests but brawl is just basically 5 different levels for 37 characters.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
ummmmmmmmm.................. cant really think of anything serious so
I'd say all the crappy pokemon(except goldeen and wabbafet as they are a funny joke) in this game
all returning ones from melee are still decent(except staryu and chikorita)
the only five that are remotely good are bonsly, piplup, torchick, meowth, latios latias, and to an extent weavile.

muchlax is a item killer
gulplim? easy to avoid
metagross is weak compared to venasaur
Groudon is not worth considering a threat
Gardevoir.......some what good

the pokemon in this game are low in effectives ness than the ones in melee
and legendaries in melee appreard more offten

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I thought there was a similar thread like this one, but whatevs.... Just tripping for me. And Sonic. :laugh:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Obviously, tripping.

The Subspace Emissary just took up space in my opinion. Now don't get me wrong, the SSE was awesome, I loved seeing all my favorite Nintendo characters coming together to defeat a force larger than themselves, but it seems like a bit too much and just took up a lot of space. It could have been presented beer also.

It was easier for them to use SSE clips simply because of time restraints. Having to make an opening cut scene for the load up of Brawl by the time SSE was done would of cost them more time and money. The cinematics are fine as is they do what they're suppose to do. Get you excited for the game.

If you were working under a tight budget you'd know that time means precious $$. Even a working studio needs to have their staff get paid while they're under development of a new game.

prince_of_darkness

Smash Cadet
Masterpieces.

Short playing times, longer loading times, and risk of making the game crash.

As for the demos themselves, most interested have probably played and/or own them already.......>.<

I really don't understand the inclusion.

I actually do not mind tripping all that much, lol

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
ummmmmmmmm.................. cant really think of anything serious so
I'd say all the crappy pokemon(except goldeen and wabbafet as they are a funny joke) in this game
all returning ones from melee are still decent(except staryu and chikorita)
the only five that are remotely good are bonsly, piplup, torchick, meowth, latios latias, and to an extent weavile.

muchlax is a item killer
gulplim? easy to avoid
metagross is weak compared to venasaur
Groudon is not worth considering a threat
Gardevoir.......some what good

the pokemon in this game are low in effectives ness than the ones in melee
and legendaries in melee appreard more offten

I kinda agree with this, I only had Smash on 64 before this but I noticed how most of the pokemon there were much stronger and effective than most in Brawl which seem to do nothing most of the time.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I enjoy attacks that makes trip: Bananas, some down tilt, etc etc, but random tripping like run and trip, stupid.
thats called prat falling and i agree that is useless that can turn the whole tide of the match if you are unlucky enough to be taken advantage of. i lost a match because of that. i was about to do my smash attack when i fell and got the hell beaten out of. then i lost my smash and my opponent used it against me (did i say we had one life each)

another thing that annoys the hell out of me are the bomb ombs and those bombs i think they are called B bombs or something like that right i forgot. anyways bomb ombs are walking tools of destruction and it is stupid to put them in a sudden death match when it takes too long. talk about not giving people the chance of letting them test their skills. i once lost because of the ****ing bomb when i shouldve won. i almost got my oponent to star KO when one dropped on me and i died instead first. the b bombs well they have such a long radius that sometimes when i throw it i get caught in the blast. so dumb ***.

REL38

Smash Lord
I swear I've seen a thread just like this one a few months back, if not, there's bound to have been a few threads dealing with the same thing in the past year.

Whatever.

Pokemon this time around are practically useless. Anytime a good one shows up, like Ho-oh or Moltres, they only stay for 3 seconds before leaving. Plus, they look even worse than their Melee counterparts.

Top Bottom