• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things you think that only YOU do. (AKA OCD Thread, LOL)

Darkslash

Smash Master
I used to suck on my shirt when I played video games. My shirt would get all wett. Kind of gross hu?
Not really. I used to do that when I was nervous.

:Agent Smith: said:
Wow, you all have minor quirks or habits. How original.

I am an Agent, an AI program in the Matrix programmed to keep order within the system by terminating troublesome programs and human avatars which would otherwise bring instability to the simulated reality. To this end, I possess the ability to take control over the simulated body of any human wired into the Matrix. As an Agent, I also possess the ability to bend the rules of the Matrix (such as gravity and the limitations of the human body), giving me speed and strength beyond ordinary human capability. I can dodge bullets flawlessly, punch through concrete with my bare hands, and jump impossible distances.
Yea...original.

Steel_Samurai

Smash Journeyman
I count stairs when I walk up them lol
I can even recall most stair numbers
Ex: both my stair sets have 6 stairs, my cousins has 13, ect.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I was thinking today while I was driving, and it seems I am probably one of the few that do this.

I drive a manual transmission (not uncommon), but when I drive an automatic, I often switch between the 'gears' it has on the car. When I need to stop (or just stop) I switch it into neutral like I was driving a manual. I do this mainly because it gives my hand something to so while driving and because I hate it when I take my foot off the break a little bit and I start to move.

Fantasia

BRoomer
BRoomer
Switch FC
SW-3476-8294-6601
This is a really neat thread, props!

-- When I'm nervous I tend to rub my nose.

-- When I'm lying, I momentarily glance to the right, right as I'm saying the false info.

-- Sometimes when I'm walking, I have to either step on as many cracks as possible, or if I'm on a sidewalk, take equal steps on each square. Sometimes that means I have to jump to reach the other square, or take really small steps, depending on my position on the square vs the amount of steps I have remaining.

-- I don't do it so much now, but especially when I was little, I used to play a game with myself called "The Floor is Lava", where certain parts of the floor were bad, and I could only step on the "safe" parts. I recently discovered that some of my friends in college also used to play it, so sometimes we bring it up just for fun.

-- I put my right shoe on first, I take a right step, I kick with my right foot, write with my right hand, focus on objects with my right eye.... but I pick my nose with my left hand. errrrrr... maybe I shouldn't've admitted to that one :-P

-- I truly enjoy drinking Prune Juice, Aloe Vera (juicy thingy?), and I like trying new strange foods. I however cannot tolerate the sight, smell, or taste of Coconut. Absolutely not!

-- Whenever I'm listening to music with a beat, I make an effort NOT to walk to the beat. I feel like people are watching me if I walk to the beat... like they know or something O_o same with chewing gum

-- Whenever I'm clapping after a performance, I have to clap triplets to the tempo of the person clapping duples next to me.

-- Here, on the Smashboards forums, I have to use the Classic Blue theme with 40 posts per page, because that's what the board defaults were when I joined. I can't use any of the new layouts, otherwise it doesn't feel like Smashboards to me.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Fantasia;7498694 -- I don't do it so much now said:
I didn't discover this till high school. We would be standing around in our instrument room before band or something and someone would say it. Fun times.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I some times have a music track from some OST going in my head some times. I select mental tracks and play them.

-- I don't do it so much now, but especially when I was little, I used to play a game with myself called "The Floor is Lava", where certain parts of the floor were bad, and I could only step on the "safe" parts. I recently discovered that some of my friends in college also used to play it, so sometimes we bring it up just for fun.
Wow i remember that game. Pretty old. Pretty fun. Pretty addicting.

Scott!

Smash Lord
-- Whenever I'm listening to music with a beat, I make an effort NOT to walk to the beat. I feel like people are watching me if I walk to the beat... like they know or something O_o same with chewing gum

-- Whenever I'm clapping after a performance, I have to clap triplets to the tempo of the person clapping duples next to me.
When I'm chewing gum, and sometimes clapping, once I catch myself going to the rhythm, or with clapping with the general beat that happens, I feel compelled to syncopate my chews/claps. Syncopation in general makes me happy.

P47Rotgut

Smash Rookie
I used to do that too only I would pretend that tic tacs were special pills that made you immune to the lava.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
When I'm chewing gum, and sometimes clapping, once I catch myself going to the rhythm, or with clapping with the general beat that happens, I feel compelled to syncopate my chews/claps. Syncopation in general makes me happy.
Me too! I don't have to do it, but it makes me feel better when I get the syncopated rythm.

Fun game that was, sometimes when im in a multi colored floor I try to only step on one color in the same basic idea, but my don't step on cracks OCD helps the game:)

~When I sleep I often have to put one hand under my pillow, sometimes I wake up with an arm that can't move because it's soooo numb, but I can't not put my arm under my pillow, it's just not right >_<

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I wash dishes in groups of four. I wash, then rinse four dishes. If I'm done and I don't end in four, I look for more to wash.

Whenever I play Guitar Hero, for some reason, I always adjust my glasses, five to six times a song. No idea why.

I have a habit of rolling up objects (Paper, any type of cloth, leaves from a tree) into a thin stick (no, I don't do drugs). But, whenever I'm about to do something while I'm rolling something up, I won't do it until whatever I'm rolling up is nice and tight, no matter how important it is.

That's just what I can think of of the top og my head.

Zero X Unit

Smash Cadet
I believe I'm the only person here working on opening a Bakery Shop in the future <3

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
When I eat a bar of chocolate with a bunch of pieces, I break all the pieces apart evenly, then make them into some sort of pattern. I then slowly eat one, and rearrange them into another pattern. Eat, arrange, eat, arrange, until they're all gone.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I do this too. Also, if I have Skittles or Smarties or some sort of colourful candy, I'll make pictures with them. Like flowers or houses or rainbows or cars or people. People either think it's weird or charming.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I do this too. Also, if I have Skittles or Smarties or some sort of colourful candy, I'll make pictures with them. Like flowers or houses or rainbows or cars or people. People either think it's weird or charming.
I do this with M&M's but just put them in groups and eat my least favorite color first and my favorite last

Piety the Diety

Smash Apprentice
Ph33r you reminded me, I have those same floors, I used to step three squares forward and one to the left/right depending on which foot I was stepping with for every step, untill I had to turn, so I'd turn, and continue my pattern. I still do that... sometimes.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
You play "walk on tiles chess" too? My tiles are spaced perfectly to allow me to walk like a knight would, 2 forward, 1 to the side.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
yeah i guess, but i felt like i had to. i just didnt feel right if i stepped opn a line or somethin. its wierd
I used to do that on sidewalks..... I couldn't let myself walk on the cracks, and sometimes I would have to perfectly space my steps so that I took only two steps per "block," no matter how big or small it was.

Then I realized how OCD it was and started forcing myself to purposely step on cracks until it didn't bother me anymore.

This thread makes me wonder how many people on the street are walking around thinking things like, "Can't step on a crack, can't step on a crack, can't step......"

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I used to do that on sidewalks..... I couldn't let myself walk on the cracks, and sometimes I would have to perfectly space my steps so that I took only two steps per "block," no matter how big or small it was.

Then I realized how OCD it was and started forcing myself to purposely step on cracks until it didn't bother me anymore.

This thread makes me wonder how many people on the street are walking around thinking things like, "Can't step on a crack, can't step on a crack, can't step......"
I am worse. In our school, we have tiles that are mainly white, with a few red ones in a pattern. I draw invisible lines based on the patter and can't touch any block touching said line....

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
and sometimes I would have to perfectly space my steps so that I took only two steps per "block," no matter how big or small it was.
I do the same thing, and usually stop once I realize how dumb I look making huge strides/baby steps for no apparent reason.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Lol i swear doing that makes long walks go quicker.

Also when I am really hyper, I make myself step on every crack. And on the sidewalks where the floor is cracked in many places I would end up doing a lil dance while I walk. This is a rare occasion though, most of the time I just think, "Stop being such a dork Yedi" and just force myself to walk normally.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
When I hear a song, sometimes I have to grind my teeth in rhythm to the song. >_>

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Practice hypothetical facial expressions.

Example: What if that guy over there came over here and wanted to fight me? <does facial expression>

Then I usually realise I am in public and people are probably watching my face change from blank to intimidating...
Comes on subconsciously sometimes..

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
It'd be weirder if you licked your canine teeth with someone else's tongue... but honestly, not really either, i mean its just habit i guess, like wen i am bored talking to someone or kind of wanting to get out of a conversation my arms start practicing my golf swing... so yer..

long story short: we're all weird

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I rinse my cups before using them, even out of the dishwasher.

Things most people would eat with their hands, I eat with chopsticks. This includes chips, cookies, etc.

As far as sidewalks and cracks, I try to step in each square only once until I eventually realize I'm not tall enough to keep it going forever.

I often space out doing nothing for thirty minutes to an hour just thinking about random things.

hahaha I'm weird

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I lick my canine(fangs) teeth with my tongue, would that be sadistic or OCD?
I do that just to make sure they are still as sharp as they can be... (my orthodontist decided to sand them so they aren't as sharp :()

Fantasia

BRoomer
BRoomer
Switch FC
SW-3476-8294-6601
Oh, I just remembered something that really bothers me and I can't explain.

If for any reason my hands get wet, then for a set time after they dry, I can't touch any kind of paper, clothing, or hair, unless it's wet. Whenever I come out of the shower and I have to put on my clothes, I rub my hands with my wet hair so I can pick up my clothes. If I'm walking down the street, and it rains on me, I have rub my hands in my wet hair if I want to put my hands in my pocket.

My sister is kind of the same way, but only when her hands are cold. She says she can't touch paper when her hands are cold.

Matt

Banned via Administration
If I accidentally stub a toe, I purposefully stub the same toe on the other foot for equilibrium's sake. Likewise, sometimes if I have an itch on one side of my body I'll scratch the opposite side too.

That's about as weird as I get.

Top Bottom