• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things you think that only YOU do. (AKA OCD Thread, LOL)

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I tend to let spiders live for similar reasons. Anything else, I kill mercilessly.

In the future, I wanna get a tarantula. A little clichè, yes, but I think they're cool.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I have always loved insects/bugs/spiders. I used to really obsess over them when I was younger. Whenever someone finds a big spider, fly, centipede, etc. in my house, I'm usually the person to deal with it. I only kill insects if they are really annoying me, but I try not to kill spiders. That probably distinguishes me from most people, but here's how I see it: spiders keep the insect population in your house under control, and most of the time they keep to themselves, so just leave them be.

Okay maybe I'm just crazy though
Then perhaps both of us are crazy then.

-Something new

When Chance has it, I always walk down the middle of the road instead of the side walk.

I seem to chew my food on the side my hand puts the food in. Example A potato chip that was put in by my left hand is chewed on the left side. This may be normal though.

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
I'm a little obsessive about my music listening habits:
- Tracks from the same album always have to have the same play count in iTunes.
- I have to listen to at least 6-7 albums between albums by the same artist.

I also will walk in time to anything making a sound at a constant tempo (music, other people walking, the ticking of my cuckoo clock). Darn marching band...

I always tap my foot, too. Plus, if there's music playing, I'll subconsciously tap my foot to the beat / eighth note.

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
On the schoolbus, I would imagine there were lasers, or something, coming out of the corner of the bus, and I had to find something for it to bounce off of (curb) so it could bounce off the bus, and so on.

I, like all the others, have to do everything the same with each pair of limbs. I hat stairs with an odd # of steps...I have to step with both feet on the last one.

Also, sometimes I feel paranoid that something's going to slit my throat, so I have to hang my arm around my other shoulder to keep it close, or keep my chin tucked down...

highfive

Smash Lord
When ever I'm driving or riding in a car I see how many triangles I can make with the telephone poles. Since you know, some of them are in a triangular position.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
On the schoolbus, I would imagine there were lasers, or something, coming out of the corner of the bus, and I had to find something for it to bounce off of (curb) so it could bounce off the bus, and so on.
Wow, I do this too! I thought I was the only one. Or I pick a spot on the window and move around to make it "jump." Heh heh, yeah...

Blazer

Smash Ace
Well I'm not the ONLY one who does this. But occasionally I will lay my arm across the top of my head and sit like that. My friend did it once for a while, I can't remember why, and I did it to make fun of him. It's really comfortable.

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
I slap myself whenever I do something wrong.
I sometimes ask stupid questions during band class just to get a laugh.

Yeah, I guess only I do those things lol

_Pope_

Smash Cadet
sometimes if im in the passenger seat and the wipers are on, i play a game with myself with the goal of having the blades avoid hitting a driveway or intersecting roads. so as soon as the blades are in the resting position, the car cannot be in line with a driveway. if i see that theirs a driveway coming and its unavoidable, i can also 'jump' to the other side of the car. its strangely fun to do, and sometimes even when im driving with the blades on it annoys me when they 'hit' another road.

funny, that's the first time i have actively thought about this game; normally it kind of just happens

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
sometimes if im in the passenger seat and the wipers are on, i play a game with myself with the goal of having the blades avoid hitting a driveway or intersecting roads. so as soon as the blades are in the resting position, the car cannot be in line with a driveway. if i see that theirs a driveway coming and its unavoidable, i can also 'jump' to the other side of the car. its strangely fun to do, and sometimes even when im driving with the blades on it annoys me when they 'hit' another road.

funny, that's the first time i have actively thought about this game; normally it kind of just happens
...I seriously thought I was the only one in the universe that does something similar to that O.O
It is fun to jump over driveways :)

It is only sometimes though, usually going to the dentist for some odd reason.
Or places I don't like to go like school, I do that to entertain myself on the way.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Whenever I touch something with one hand, I have to touch it with the other hand for an equal amount of time. It gets very annoying.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
On my phone, I am constantly pressing the "minus volume" button. I have no idea why I started doing it.

I also like to always have things in my pockets, doesn't matter what.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I've recently noticed that I tend to use the word "really" in some of my posts constantly.

It's really weird. I mean, I don't really use it in conversation all that much, but it's gotten a bit annoying to me.

.CMW.

Smash Apprentice
OK, on games MAAAAYBE that's REALLY OCD.......

~Sometimes when im in the car (as a passenger) I just imagine like these objects that like jump from lamp post to lamp post, or the just run down the street, or a blade going as fast as the car just cuts down all the plants avoiding metal. It's just SO weird but I can't help myself I just see these things, not like I think they are real, but I don't even see color in these things, or anything, hey are just figments of my mind that I can't help myself to make......
/weird
I quiet honestly have this exact quirk. I thought I was totally alone in this type of thing, but you have described my passenger "tick" perfectly. I have no idea why this happens. *shrugs*

Its refreshing to know I'm not the only one who's home address should be a mental hospital. tehe.

.CMW.

Top Bottom