• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things you'd like to see in an upcoming patch?

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
  • Allow me to remain idle on the title screen on online screen without automatically backing out and playing intro trailers, etc.
  • Allow me to see a player's NNID on their profile without having to go to Miiverse.
  • Add touch-screen capability to the menus. If I can play the entire game on the gamepad, then let me touch it, baby...
  • 2ds/3ds support for online.
  • Battlefield & Big Battlefield support for FG.
  • Bug fixes.

the8thark

Smash Lord
  • Ability to use custom button controls and custom move sets without having to go out of your current game mode to change them each time.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
- Allow players to default their customised controls somehow. Switching to them every single time you do anything gets tedious, especially once you start doing something and realise that you forgot, forcing you to exit what you're doing and change it. It is especially deadly online, where you are all of a sudden forced to adapt to bad controls vs other players with no way to change it, and leaving games online is generally a bad idea (I heard there's a time penalty).

That's the number one thing for me. Other than that, I don't see many issues, and haven't run into any bugs yet.

Last edited:

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
(If this feature is not already included) - Allow any trophies that are hidden behind the impossible challenges to be purchased in the store as well.

• Ability to use custom button controls and custom move sets without having to go out of your current game mode to change them each time.
- Allow players to default their customised controls somehow. Switching to them every single time you do anything gets tedious, especially once you start doing something and realise that you forgot, forcing you to exit what you're doing and change it. It is especially deadly online, where you are all of a sudden forced to adapt to bad controls vs other players with no way to change it, and leaving games online is generally a bad idea (I heard there's a time penalty).

That's the number one thing for me. Other than that, I don't see many issues, and haven't run into any bugs yet.
Am I missing something? Can't you just have your custom controls by selecting your profile? Or are you just complaining that you have to manually select your profile every time you play a different mode?

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I feel like something needs to be done with shields as they're a bit too effective at the moment. The lack of shieldstun makes it way too easy to get punished, and the shield regen rate is much too quick imo.

It really should be one way or the other, I'd say. If there can't be any shieldstun, shields shouldn't regenerate too fast, and on the flipside, If shields have to regenerate quickly, there should be more shieldstun. Having both issues at once can make a match really annoying. Considering the devs went back recently and modified the game engine to decrease the effectiveness of vectoring (if not downright removing it), I'd hope they'd take a look at the game's shield spam problem.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Oh, I remember the thing I wanted: Add a feature to let us see at a glance which custom special moves have been unlocked for all characters, without having to go into the customization for each character individually.

- More unlockable parts for stage builder

Last edited:

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Yeah.

Tournament mode.

Zarxrax

Smash Apprentice
- Add an option where tournament organizers can easily unlock all custom moves (transfer all from 3ds maybe?)
- Remember the damn controller profile
- Touch screen on menus
- Option under special brawl or something to turn on smooth landing
- Online matchmaking should not match up people who's lag is above a certain point. If someone's internet connection is not good enough to be matched with any available players, give them an error message instead of ruining someone else's gaming experience.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Just to be greedy, here's what I'd want:

General Changes

- Touch-screen on menus
- ability to use features such as stage builder and photo editor without the gamepad (sometimes you need precise inputs)
- More backgrounds and parts for stage builder, along with making all the textures available with all backgrounds (seriously!?)
- 3DS controller and Amiibo online functionality
- Ability to join an online friend for doubles against randoms (really want this)

Gameplay Changes

- More shield-stun
+ also slower regen on shields
- Decrease effectiveness of rolls (more ending frames, etc.)

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Most of what I want is quality of life improvements.

Remembering the controller profile I selected last, so I don't have to keep re-selecting it every time I play.

Stop dropping duplicate Mii outfits/hats; I want to get the full set already!

Allow Miis in public online play.

Allow custom moves in public online too.

Twigler

Smash Cadet
NNID
Twigler
Training missions to master every character's moveset and learn some combos!!!

Khao

Smash Lord
Have the game actually remember your rules.

I've been wanting for this to happen ever since the N64 Smash Bros. I just want to leave Stock as the default mode.

Also, the biggest problem with both Smash Run and Smash Tour is the lack of customization. How about you let me make it so that final stock match actually freaking works like a stock match?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Special Smash for online. What is stopping them from adding this?? I thought it would be a no brainer... is there a reason for this? I'd love to have Stamina matches with my online friends. Also I'd love Stamina to be a bit more customizable, like maybe add stocks or increase the max HP.

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Though it will never happen, I really wish that DK, Diddy and Bowser have their actual voices instead of animal grunts.

Diddy's screeching especially is so annoying...

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Can't rotate beautiful trophies with the stylus. What the why...

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
  • Allow me to remain idle on the title screen on online screen without automatically backing out and playing intro trailers, etc.
  • Allow me to see a player's NNID on their profile without having to go to Miiverse.
  • Add touch-screen capability to the menus. If I can play the entire game on the gamepad, then let me touch it, baby...
  • 2ds/3ds support for online.
  • Battlefield & Big Battlefield support for FG.
  • Bug fixes.
All of this. The game would be so much better if those were added.

For me, I want the Custom Moves to all be unlocked from the start. Palutena and Mii Fighter have theirs unlocked from the start, so why can't everyone else?

Also, I want to be able to default a control scheme or name.

Last edited:

Twigler

Smash Cadet
NNID
Twigler
Special Smash for online. What is stopping them from adding this?? I thought it would be a no brainer... is there a reason for this? I'd love to have Stamina matches with my online friends. Also I'd love Stamina to be a bit more customizable, like maybe add stocks or increase the max HP.
Online custom lobbies? That would be cool, but they would need to add more server support for that.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Add ****ing Battlefield to For Glory already, how hard is it to do?

1.How many balance issues adding it will fix
VS
2.How difficult it is to add

Sakutroll, just so you know, the winner is 1.

I'm not sure what else, really. Not allowing people to play Online if their connection isn't good enough to get a single lag-free game... Banning projectile spammers for idling if their projectiles aren't hitting anything... A complete revamp of the custom specials unlock system, at the very least make it so that you can't find ones you already have... Fix the stupidity of Smash Run's random final battles that give favour to one stat... Add Dr. Luigi...
Basic things, really, that were neglected to be added by Sakurai's team. They can be pretty short-sighted, to be honest.

D

Deleted member 269706

Nerfs. Lots of nerfs. Especially on shield regen.

D

Deleted member 269706

I feel like the shield never drains out anymore lol
It does, but it comes back in a matter of seconds. You have no idea how many times I Fsmash someone with Ike, get them down to probably 1/4 the original size, go in for another attack, and the shield has completely recovered in that matter of time.

PreciseMotion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PreciseMotion
See other's latency....
Battlefield, Smashville, and Town and City in For Glory

Custom stages for 8 player smash (seriously? Why is this not an option?)

Last edited:

Twigler

Smash Cadet
NNID
Twigler
It does, but it comes back in a matter of seconds. You have no idea how many times I Fsmash someone with Ike, get them down to probably 1/4 the original size, go in for another attack, and the shield has completely recovered in that matter of time.
Probably a bug in their code that resets the shield after every use. If they find out about it, it will be an easy fix.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
The post play survey might ask us what we'd like to see patched into the game so here's one thing I've mentioned in the other thread:

EVERYONE MENTION MORE FEATURES FOR STAGE BUILDER IN THE POST-PLAY SURVEY.

I cannot stress enough how limiting the stage builder is. Like, this is all we're gonna get? Unbelievable. We need more custom parts!

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I KNEW I WAS FORGETTING SOMETHING! I tried hard to remember.

Wii U harddrive for snapshots. WHAT THE WHAT?!?!?

aLucidMind

Smash Rookie
One thing I especially want is to reduce the colored flairs every strike has. I like seeing my character making the hit, not a purple swoosh. It makes it harder for me to aim my aerial attacks with that. I usually hit my aerial attacks in Brawl, but now I rarely land them because of the distraction they added to the strikes.

Squadaloo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RodRodney
Saving that I have my profile selected between modes. I hate playing one mode under my name on the character select screen, then going to another mode and beginning only to realize I didn't switch to my profile when I go to shield and grab instead. I've forgotten twice on Crazy Orders as well which really screwed me over.

Also, yeah, make the Stage Builder not terrible. I seriously spent 30 minutes last night trying to get the game to recognize a single ledge was supposed to be grabbable. It was a 90 degree angle, so it's not like it should have been hard.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
My list (not big things like stages, that would be DLC, not patches):

- More Stage Builder parts (stuff from Brawl like the conveyor belt, Ice thing, etc.)
- Online Special Smash with Friends
- A Damn "Turn off Stage Bosses" Button
- Allow me to use the Touch Screen on the Menus (I can't tell you how many times I've went to tap a button and it didn't work)
- Allow "8-Player Size" for Custom Stages, where it would have to reach a certain weight to be saved.
- Make the weight limit for Custom Stages larger.

Also, yeah, make the Stage Builder not terrible. I seriously spent 30 minutes last night trying to get the game to recognize a single ledge was supposed to be grabbable. It was a 90 degree angle, so it's not like it should have been hard.
Use the grid by pressing X, then draw the edge (don't tap).

That's how I got it to work.

Squadaloo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RodRodney
I was using the grid, it just didn't want to make it a ledge for some reason.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
When connecting a 3DS, allow other modes to be accessible rather than just Smash D':

SlyChoober

Smash Cadet
-The ability to send invites to a friend to join a game you hosted
-Play team smash with a friend online not just local
-Show connection bars at character select screen to determine if you want to play that match or not for online modes (1on1/team smash)
-Team smash is 2 stock 6 minutes just like 1on1 (for glory mode)

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
-The ability to send invites to a friend to join a game you hosted
-Play team smash with a friend online not just local
-Show connection bars at character select screen to determine if you want to play that match or not for online modes (1on1/team smash)
-Team smash is 2 stock 6 minutes just like 1on1 (for glory mode)
I like those first two points. Additionally I've always felt time should be longer to 8 or 10 minutes for 1 on 1. I hate timed matches. Close battles result into Sudden Death. I just want to know who would've won in the end. Same for wrecking somebody and they win sudden death.

SlyChoober

Smash Cadet
Hmm...how do you feel about the second half, from my own experience it sucks going through horrible lag when someone's connection is really bad...I feel 2 stock 6 minutes for team smash is a good combination, me and my partner already manage to get 4-7 kills in the short 2 minutes we have. This would require people to play more skillfully

MoonSheep

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5172-2399-7444
- 1v1 fun mode
- rosalina nerf
- nerf rolling
- amiibos online

cross playability with 3ds and wii u would be awesome too

Top Bottom