• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Third-party Gamecube Controller?

HyperGumba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Taro_Kuroyoko
3DS FC
4227-1462-6701
Sorry if this particular thread exists already, but none of my Amerifriends could help me out.

I can't find any pre-orderable Smash GC pads anymore, but I could get a hold of an adapter. Can anyone confirm that third party controllers are compatible with this particular Nintendo-licensed peripheral? I'm thinking of this particular controller I own. Or will I need to wait on more gamepads?

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
You'd have a better experience with an actual gamecube controller.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
The gamestop one, I have it n the analog is way sensitive. I also have a $10 generic one n it's great!!

HyperGumba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Taro_Kuroyoko
3DS FC
4227-1462-6701
You should order the white Official GameCube Controller on Amazon instead instead.
You'd have a better experience with an actual gamecube controller.
Vidya Sin Confession #1409: I never had an official GC controller in my life, ever

I wonder why, actually. Maybe it was the price? Back when I got my GC on the flea market I had little idea of what the difference between first and third party was, and afterwards I kept buying third party because I was always low on cash. Now I could afford it in theory... so far I am very content with the GS one though. It surprised me to see it even comes with a three year guarantee!

Thanks for clearing that up in any case, I should be able to properly Smash on Friday then.

Top Bottom