• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This game's comunity > others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
yea uh the only community this beats is Pokemon
That's actually pretty debatable. You've got a large amount of high level players in Pokémon who will concede a point, even if their opinion differs from it. Our higher level players are mostly scrubs, and then 3 or 4 guys who actually understand the game. Like it or not, one of those 3 or 4 guys is Budget Player Cadet, who doesn't even play in tournaments.

So I'd say I disagree with the OP.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'm sorry, but I see nothing constructive with this thread. Saying the Smash community is superior to others is a matter of an opinion and will yield varied responses. Though I personally love this community, others may be fond of communities outside of this. Come on, guys. Surely there could be better threads. Something like this ought to be a post topic on a general discussion thread. That's just me.

Kiru

Smash Cadet
This community isnt too bad. Most people are cool about losing a set. However, there are far better communities IMO.

mobilisq

Smash Ace
any game community is inherently flawed

this one is so large and diverse that the flaws blend into the background a little better, though

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
I'm sorry, but I see nothing constructive with this thread. Saying the Smash community is superior to others is a matter of an opinion and will yield varied responses. Though I personally love this community, others may be fond of communities outside of this. Come on, guys. Surely there could be better threads. Something like this ought to be a post topic on a general discussion thread. That's just me.
saying "imo" is redundant these days. does it look like anything other than an opinion thread?

also, neopets for hightier community

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Hellz yeah this community is so good it makes threads discussing how much better it is than other communities!

Lol kids

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
The Brawl community is pretty much the only game community that is kinda silly.
All of the others make sense.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Smash64 community here.

There is almost to none noob players on our boards and most discussions stay on topic.

you should seriously come visit us, we're a bunch of jolly people.

Photos

Smash Journeyman
i'll say it's not bad, and i've seen way worse, but you can get some seriously annoying people, for lack of a better word within proper language.

NNID
Budget_Player
BPC has actually attended a few offline tournaments this past month iirc
<3 Thank you for that, I got another one next week. :)

Anyways... The community is probably the best in the history of gaming in several aspects. We (the smash community) are legendary for our friendliness, for our perseverance in the tournament scene (seriously, what other scene has such a massive local scene, as in, so many small tournaments popping up all the time?), and for our well-being as far as dealing with locations and ****.
The BBR is one of the most well-informed groups in the history of gaming when it comes to the game, and it's actually way easier to find data on the game than, say, TvC (I still have not found a legit tier list for any tekken or soul calibur game, although I may not be looking in the right places, and for smaller games like GG or TvC? FORGET IT!). We have one of the most informed hacking communities for any game, and we know more about the inner workings of the game than, well... anyone else ever did over their game ever.

However, we are:
-NOTORIOUSLY SCRUBBY
-Stupid, Misinformed
-Unable to accept opinions or even logic that disagrees with how we feel about the game
-Unwilling to trust anyone who doesn't hold our opinions, even if they are the god**** BBR
etc.
(This is not a jab at those I disagree with; I know I come off this way to them as well lol)

We're a really, really solid community in what really matters, though, I'll say that much. As far as a good tournament scene, the only thing that, say, Street Fighter has on us is 1000+ entry tournaments. And we're getting there.

There's no right answer to this, but we're certainly one of the better gaming communities I've ever seen.

Jonas

Smash Champion
I think the Smash community is a pretty self-glorifying one. I'm not entirely sure our friendliness is that legendary OUTSIDE the Smash Community.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
SSB64 has quality over quantity. I propose seeing which is the best Smash community starting w/ Smashboards vs AllIsBrawl. Then Brawl vs Melee vs 64 (community, not gameplay). Then vs other communities.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Does it matter?

A debate like that is really nothing more than, "My game is better than yours. Nu uh mine is."

Each offers something different and people pick and choose for reasons they decide.

I don't like MvC2 at a competitive level because the games feels like a cheesefest with horrid character balance. Other people might not hate the game and ignore why I hate it, but it's something like this is why most people pick and choose games.

A debate like that doesn't have a point, it doesn't make anyone better, it doesn't solve a problem, and it results in a flame war most of the time.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I like this community too Mike B.

BPC hit a lot of the things I like about the community too. Fighting game communities I think are some of the most fierce, spirited and dedicated since at the end of the day, we're out and about, travelling to meets to practice etc. This was moreso something I found in Melee since Brawl has Wifi.

If you yourself have an opinion on it, you should try making a user blog :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom