• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This is dead, look for the new matchup thread. Be sure to read the rules.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
sure there is, what if snakes dair connects with a Usmash?
It depends on the property of the usmash and what hits first...

Aerials have no priority, it's whatever hits the hurtboxes (you hit your opponent or the other way around)

Eg;

Try to beat out Olimars Uair with an aerial.... you need a long reaching, and well timed aerial (aka; disjointed and perfectly timed) to hit Olimar (FROM ABOVE)

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
i just got home from a tourney, took first and themann (a well known luigi) took 2nd

he 2-0'd me in winners but i came back from losers to play him in grands and won the whole thing

i believe its 60:40 snake, you guys are done discussing the matchup so i wont bother saying what i did lol but vids will be up soon for those interested

Panix

Smash Ace
i just got home from a tourney, took first and themann (a well known luigi) took 2nd

he 2-0'd me in winners but i came back from losers to play him in grands and won the whole thing

i believe its 60:40 snake, you guys are done discussing the matchup so i wont bother saying what i did lol but vids will be up soon for those interested
you play snake?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
wow theemann looked abit nervous in some of the matchs. lol a a SH to jump to a airdodge is like wut? XDDD. im disappointed on how theman couldnt keep you on the air long enough espically with pivot grab which are completely vital for the match up. but once he was inside with jab range, he was a ****.

man it must be kewl playing as snake cuz u guys have toys to keep the stage in your hands haha xD

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Ike next?

Jab Cancel, no joke, ***** Snake. Hard. And yeah, pretty sure Snake has an advantage over him, but I'd like to see what you should have to do in different situations against Ike. I play horrible against them.

Last edited on feb. 10th. Explains why I have been seeing luigi the whole time.

Ike shouldn't take too long to discuss I would think if we did.

Panix

Smash Ace
Last edited on feb. 10th. Explains why I have been seeing luigi the whole time.

Ike shouldn't take too long to discuss I would think if we did.
Ike - Knock him off stage, when he's about to recover put a mine and c4 at the ledge.

thats game. lol quick draw should grab ledge -.-

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I saw multiple people that wanted wolf a little bit ago. Any objections? I'll change it in an hour or two if there are none.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
lol, wifi sucks. PSing any lasers normally is super easy. Heck, I've been able to sit there and PS all of falco's lasers without even looking haha. You just need the timing down.

I'm updating the OP right now. I'm thinking about doing that idea we had a little bit back where we make a new thread for each match-up, so we can keep it specifically to that character's discussion. That's what the marth boards do, and I like how they have it set up a lot. I'll have it up sometime tonight for sure.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Okay, the OP is updated and we are now discussing wolf. I created a new thread for this discussion, so that all the discussion on him can be found in one place without having to sort through other distractions. This system has worked extremely well for the marth boards, so I figured we'd give it a try.

Please keep all the discussion on wolf in this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6846479#post6846479

Shadow_of_Link

Smash Apprentice
lol, wifi sucks. PSing any lasers normally is super easy. Heck, I've been able to sit there and PS all of falco's lasers without even looking haha. You just need the timing down.

I'm updating the OP right now. I'm thinking about doing that idea we had a little bit back where we make a new thread for each match-up, so we can keep it specifically to that character's discussion. That's what the marth boards do, and I like how they have it set up a lot. I'll have it up sometime tonight for sure.
I mentioned it (gotta get my credit xD).

Unfortunately though, I know nothing about the Wolf matchup (except on wifi, which makes Wolf godly >_>)

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
The Sheik boards are currently doing the match-up discussion of Sheik vs. Snake. Any input you guys might have would be greatly appreciated. Currently only Sheik mains have been talking about the match-up [and after looking here I see that no one contacted you guys << Smooth move on our part...]. Please follow the link below to the discussion. If this does not belong here, please PM me in regards on where to move it. Thanks in Advance.

-East

Link to Discussion
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226389

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
haha, cool match SP, but why'd he SD at the end? Did he just figure that he lost and it wasn't worth wasting the time to finish the match?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
haha, cool match SP, but why'd he SD at the end? Did he just figure that he lost and it wasn't worth wasting the time to finish the match?
Yeah, he gave up. Nobody plays ICs against me in tourney because they know I know the matchup. He was just trying it out.

yellowroy

Smash Ace
It doesn't matter who you tech chase, it is no different tech chasing Olimar from anyone else. I didn't realize Olimar was finished already. I still think Fox needs to be done, he's not a pushover for Snake. :/
LOL have you saw Olimar's roll?

It is different for every character.

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Yoshi? I got one answer for yoshi. Forward smash over the edge. Yoshi has almost no answer to that. Once you get him off the edge proceed to edge guard accordingly like so...
1)Wait for and spot dodge any egg throws.
2)Then space the F-smash right on the ledge
3)Begin to charge the smash however necessary(typically until he is in reach).

Yoshi has one answer he can spot dodge into you and get past it but, Upon reading this you can just do one of two options.

Have a down smash spaced somewhere behind you to prevent him from a safe landing or you can grab and b- throw and attempt another F-smash edge guard.

Now I'm pretty sure this is full proof I've played the best Yoshi(Bwett) in the nation and it works on him so I assume it will always work.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I have not "saw" anything. :p

Then explain it to me, I have never had a problem with Olimar that I don't even bother. What's wrong with his roll, is it worse than Yoshi's and Samus'?

lol @ if it works on Bwett it works on anyone.

yellowroy

Smash Ace
Well I never payed attention to Yoshi's or Samus's but most likely yes,

You haven't noticed that everyones roll is different?

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275

I didn't say anyone. I said if it works on him then it should always work.

I agree with the olimar match-up being remade since the olimar metagame has evolved since that match-up was posted remaking it would be advised. And yes good luck getting a grab on olimar with his grab out ranging yours and being some what unpredictable when coming out of the air since most olimar's like to predict air dodges and grab/up smash.

SuSa

Banned via Administration

Then explain it to me, I have never had a problem with Olimar that I don't even bother. What's wrong with his roll, is it worse than Yoshi's and Samus'?

Samus - Really really long roll

Lucario - Epic roll. I mean, its mentioned nearly everywhere when mentioning his camp game and rolling away... :laugh:

Olimar/G&W = Really, really pathetic rolls.

How have you NOT noticed that?

Top Bottom