• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This is hopeless.

Rash

Smash Ace
To add insult to injury, these people posting pointless threads (and disappointingly are actually getting traffic in said threads) are causing the forum to slow down to a halt at almost all times.

Smashboards always had a problem with sh*tty, repetitious threads. But, it's so much worse now. Not only that, but the degree of negative energy here based on new info was predictable to the highest extent. We all knew that, while there would be some topics of discussion here that are actually interesting pertaining to new info after the game's release, there would be twice as many worthless discussions and arguments. Hell, it's as if there are contests going around to see who can b*tch the most.

LordLocke

Smash Journeyman
I dunno. Kinda feels like the Smashboards I left in '05. Amplified, of course, but when you got Brawl as your megahorn, the entire internet hears your BAW-ing.

Jx31

Smash Ace
I know the state of smashboards (Mainly brawl boards) is pretty bad right now ,but ,it will get better over time. Go look in the melee boards during the time period before and slightly after melee's release........it' was just as bad almost o_O.

But yeah, I'm tired as well of seeing the same topics being recreated every other time I log into smash boards, this one included. No offense to the TC, but this thread has been done before.

Puddin Master

Smash Apprentice
Post of the year. This post is true in so many ways. I really like the roster, but all this arguing makes me upset. I just hope that once Brawl is released here, things'll calm down. :(

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Bravo, good Sir! You are 125% right in every aspect, and I think you have just just slammed 90% of the people on this board(including myself) well done!

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
I agree.
Smashboards was awesome until everyone started to hate on Brawl.
I know it will calm down, but these people need to realize that the game is not solely about the roster. Why aren't they trashing Melee if this is the case? Kids these days are so spoiled. . .

Sugata Designs

Smash Cadet
The reason people are complaining so much is because the game was hyped to hell and back. When a game is hyped as much as Brawl, people will find something to complain about. Granted, there's nothing wrong with expressing disappointment (as you stated), but..well, again, as you said, it gets redundant.

Anyways, I think the whole thing will die down after a while. People will realize they can either play the game or not play it, and despite initial reactions supplying feedback, they're eventually becoming nothing but trolls.

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
Tree and Killer STFU.

I think Mods need to come down heavy this time - lock/delete all whinny/STFU threads.

We need to start talking more aboud strategy and which characters are better - Lucas or Ness?!? And etc, instead of whinning about L-Cancelling not being in and Geno not being in...

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I admire the TC of this thread.

I'm posting to express my agreement with his sentiments, as well.

That is all.

Glad someone said it. Also, this:
And really, it has always been complainers that bark the loudest. Those who encourage typically don't talk as loud or don't talk at all. Many people don't seem to say much when they like something. They just continue to be happy and move on without a fuss.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
So basically, you went on a tirade. Of course the boards are going to be flooded with idiots and spammers when the game is about to release. Your post does nothing but state the obvious. Here's what's going to happen, three or four months after Brawl is out, everything will die down, and the people who came here just for Brawl news and speculation will be gone, along with you.

Then there will be intelligent discussion and debate- until then, stop whining.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Some people just need to see this...and remember how they felt when they FIRST saw it as well... That's all that really matters.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=PzQJpP8M7XA
Oh gosh I needed that. I laughed after hearing everybody like "Oh no!" and "Oh my gosh" when Snake's part came up.

This game is and will be truly epic.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
THANK YOU! Thank you for this thread, it's appreciated, although it does little to the actual situation, I'm afraid. I've NEVER EVER even seen such hate in a single forum, and I lose more and more interest in this site, which is a pity since I liked the boards before they went crazy.
Now I can only shake my head... the negativity is astounding.
A little bit I have to say about that: I'm a very pessimistic person, and I mean that, everyone who knows me can tell you that, BUT do you think I'd actually whined only ONCE because Brawl didn't meet my expectations? Nuh-uh, it always met my expectations...because I didn't set the bar overly high to be disappointed afterwards!

Every single update got me more and more thrilled for Brawl, the leak did contribute a lot to the extra thrill, now there are so many videos to look at a game that would become the game of the year 2008! Its level of awesomeness is unrivaled, no game (yes, not even Nintendo which I am a fan of) had this kind of impact on me! LOVE THE BRAWL!

But sadly, some time, I'm going to stay away from the boards, the means of "discussion" aren't the same anymore, it resembles GameFaqs too much (yeah, I even have an account there, I know how it looks over there). So, I guess we can only hope...

Cenedar

Smash Ace
This is why I usually lurk in funny Brawl pics thread. At least we're trying to make some humor there lol.

But in all seriousness, bravo to the TC. I did read you're whole post and I agree. Just stating my opinion.

Smash Ace
yeah, since when did anyone here read anyone else's posts?
=2007=

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
i definitly agree with this thread...any thing i do here i get flamed...

for example i posted a vid just to be friendly for anyone who hadnt seen it...and abbout 10 people made the rudest comments how it was soo old and everyone had already seen it ajillion times...

They didnt have to be so mean...they didnt even have to post anything.:(

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
While I wholeheartedly agree, you must realize that you have created yet another topic complaining about others complaining.
Lets not put any more wood on the fire.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I read it all, and I understand where the man is coming from. It's getting ridiculous around here.

A few people are trying around here and a lot are ****ing that up and even more are just sitting there.

*sighs*

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
" there are tons of people who literally just want to COMPLAIN. Just COMPLAIN, COMPLAIN, COMPLAIN."

Yes and your one of them :)

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
People complained about Melee's roster. 'OMG CLONES NOOO'

Look what we have now

'OMG CHARACTERS THT ARE SLIGHTLY SIMILAR BUT ARE NOT CLOINES BUT I WILL CALL THEM THAT ANYWY ADN ROB NOOOOOOOOO'

Even LUIGI was changed more, when he was fine himself (cept for voice.)

He got his regular voice, and a different play style, not to mention a couple differences from his B moves (i.e. falling from his Up B)

'Oh no Toon Link is like Link and Young link he is a clone he suxxorz'

Not really. Toon Link's weapons aren't TPish. Not to mention that he's faster, and lighter than Link.

'Falco and Wolf are clones!1!!'

Not true. I haven't seen much, but they play different from Fox. I.E., Falco has two blasters, and Wolf's Blaster is like a Ray gun that fires blue rays.

I salute you, being able to realise this. And I have something to say to everyone complaining...

PLAY THE GAME.

Fawriel

Smash Master
i definitly agree with this thread...any thing i do here i get flamed...

for example i posted a vid just to be friendly for anyone who hadnt seen it...and abbout 10 people made the rudest comments how it was soo old and everyone had already seen it ajillion times...

They didnt have to be so mean...they didnt even have to post anything.:(
Yeah, I don't get what's up with that... I suppose some people simply won't let a chance pass by to make themselves feel like they have some kinda superior understanding of the world.
Though there are admittedly some very weird folks who will post "news" a few hours after the fact without realizing that everyone around them is already discussing it eagerly. But I'll assume you're not one of those.

Well, people like that, you'll just have to learn to live with. You won't only encounter them in these forums, but in other forums and in real life, too. So just consider it theoretical training or something.

Jonkenden

Smash Cadet
well I suggest using msn, aim or other messengers for proper discussions on the games. Prolly use forums to scout for people that could be worth getting to know? I barely read the forums anymore since the immense wave of complaints showed up. The news and video stuff is usually awesome though, and for every complaint topic another line of good reading is added on a good topic.

So I guess the short version is, don't like people complaining then don't read the topics they made for it. I know it can be hard to tell when a topic is a complaint or an interesting argument thread, but you can usually dodge the worst ones by just looking at the title.

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
I agree with you OP, but this was pretty ****y. Instead of a BAWWW MY CHARAZTURS ARNT IN! thread you made a BAWWW PEPULS WHO BAWWWW THAT THERE CHARAZTURS ARNT IN R SUTPID! thread. If it bothers you that much either: bounce until the heat dies down or start intelligent discussion. Nothing gets done when one whines instead of acts. Also, even though GFAQS is the low point of the internet, you can't blame all of your problems on them. There are stupid people that have been here for years and knowledgeable newbies; it's an internet given.

Give it time, this too shall pass, and ****ing into a sea of **** won't help.

Lant

Smash Journeyman
Sadly, I've noticed ever since Nsider shut down, SWF has become.. how to put it.

Moar stupid.

Well, not to say that all Nsiders are idiots, but hey. Also, I see nothing wrong with this roster, none of the newcomers I wanted got in, but I didn't get myself full of false hope, I don't really mind that Isaac and Ryu aren't in.

Are you honestly all saying there was nobody in melee who appealed to you? Because as far as I can see, Brawl caters to everything.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
I stopped reading halfway through.

SWF started to become GameFAQs after the e3 2006 trailer (when I went AWOL for about a year). The final transformation took place between May of 2007 and November or December of 2007 when the DOJO was being updates. We are already GameFAQs, and that's how it is.

The only hope now is that all of the crazy noobs will be gone now that there is nothing more to speculate about, and SWF will go back to it's old ways of being a resource for how to use characters, combos, etc. etc. In any case, it's doubtful I'll be around much in the near future and on. I may come back way down the road for info on given characters like I always had in the past (without posting much), but...yeah, that's it.

Anyway, I have nothing else really to add.

-grim

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
I was just thinking about this today on the way to school.

"Jeez, the guys at SWF are real a**holes..."

Still, it's funny to see them complain.

Just to tell ya, I cannot wait for this game.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I was just thinking about this today on the way to school.

"Jeez, the guys at SWF are real a**holes..."

Still, it's funny to see them complain.

Just to tell ya, I cannot wait for this game.
Now what I wonder is whether you included yourself in that generalization.

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
Now what I wonder is whether you included yourself in that generalization.
Of course not, I'm not an *** to people.

But you do remind me to re phrase my sentence...

The MAJORITY of SWF users are a**holes

Fawriel

Smash Master
Better.

Now it's only tautological, since the majority of people are a**holes.

Generalizations are a b*tch. ^^

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
It's unenviable I think. People will never be pleased with the roster for one. Just like in Melee, they expect too much. Then the other people who like it get frustrated either by people not agreeing or just the constant complaining. Thus, they get in it. It becomes a pissing contest, and everyone in the middle choses sides.

However, you RedrappeR are still in the middle. You are in the middle of a pissing contest with no true side. But isn't that how life is? If your not with us, your against one, they say. People pick sides, argue, and then eventually it will stop. The only way to halt is, is to stop talking about it. Everyone can do their part, but even then the mass may not calm down. Either by time or effort, it will end eventually.

Top Bottom