• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This is just ****ing stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
meh, get over it. It seems that its an impossible achievement to create a smash64 own section

Skrlx

Smash Champion
yeah and the community is too stubborn to go somewhere else or do something about it

oh well

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I actually approve, I was wondering when Mario would get his time when Zelda and Pokemon (and for a while, freaking F-Zero) had their own sections.

I am disappointed in the lack of Smash 64's own section. Is it really that hard to shift a forum into its own group? And if it is, it would still be worthwhile.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I actually approve, I was wondering when Mario would get his time when Zelda and Pokemon (and for a while, freaking F-Zero) had their own sections.

I am disappointed in the lack of Smash 64's own section. Is it really that hard to shift a forum into its own group? And if it is, it would still be worthwhile.
I'm not saying that Mario having its own forum is a bad idea but come on, at this point SWF staff should be concerned with Smash 64 and not Mario. What I am arguing is that apparently making a forum for Mario is more important than paying attention to the first smash game. I remember one of those bad swf mods telling me they don't have enough space which is funny because that mario forum just added 1 more inch of scrolling.

The community is too stubborn, we have people who are willing to go to another site as long as other people go and then we have those dum people that are like "that's a horrible idea, doesnt make sense cuz people are already here"

yeah, the 12 people that actually are on here daily are sure gonna miss the 64 section here.

What I suggested waaay back is to make another website dedicated for Smash 64 (I volunteered to make the website, maintain the site, hosting etc) and then have Smashboards make the Smash 64 Discussion forum be a link that links people to said website. Is it because it'll cost money as it uses more bandwidth? Running out of room? Who knows but that's the best solution I think.

inb4nearispowerhungryands2jmakesyetanotherdumpost

DemonicInfluence

Smash Ace
I happen to agree with Near that this dissing of 64 is pretty lame. However, I don't think we should form a splinter website because that would decrease the # of people who view this forum from the already small amount :(

NixxxoN

Smash Master
and what about the mod? There's still no mod yet, lol

Oh, and what about the ssb64 ambassador?

They all apparently forgot about those

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
And what, troll more?

There's two threads about this now, if you haven't noticed and I'll say the same thing. The people who wanted / asked for a Mario subforum went through a petition and posted in Forum Support asking for it.

And theoretically, SSB64 has fallen behind even with its release on Virtual Console. The Mario series has been continuously growing and we decided to ask for a subforum dedicated to it.

I still love the SSB64, though. :)

-Terywj

NixxxoN

Smash Master
And what, troll more?

There's two threads about this now, if you haven't noticed and I'll say the same thing. The people who wanted / asked for a Mario subforum went through a petition and posted in Forum Support asking for it.

And theoretically, SSB64 has fallen behind even with its release on Virtual Console. The Mario series has been continuously growing and we decided to ask for a subforum dedicated to it.

I still love the SSB64, though. :)

-Terywj
*looks at the site domain*

Oh yea it seems it is SMASH boards dot com.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I mean like, I know you guys are wanting of a subforum, but isn't this already a subforum / section for SSB64? What else do you guys need?

I don't want to sound criticizing here, I just want to know why.

-Terywj

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I mean like, I know you guys are wanting of a subforum, but isn't this already a subforum / section for SSB64? What else do you guys need?

-Terywj
i don't think it is the subforums which bother us (why split the already split discussions)
its more of the "Were grouped with random games that aren't smash games" problem

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman

-Terywj
we need a mod

if we had a mod we would have a vessel for communicating with other mods (such as yourself) who aren't really that involved with the 64 section.

that way, when we have a legitimate complaint (like the need for a character subforum/something similar to what is being addressed in these posts) we will have someone to communicate the complaint properly, rather than what is happening in this thread right now.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Sorry but any site that is dedicated towards Smash that calls itself the biggest smash forums for all 3 games and still needs to be asked for recognition in one of the Smash games fails. Of course you need to ask for a forum that is completely UNRELATED to Smash but asking for a game that is part of the Smash series? Anyways, about that, been there done that. I've made a thread on the forum support, we've gone through the ambassador thing (which was a lie) and there's no hope.

Yeah, Smash 64 is general gaming and not part of the Smash series.

-Terywj
the ****? we don't want a subforum we want our own section with our own forums

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Maybe we should ask Obama to help us. If he could push the US health care reform forward maybe he could bring us our own section too...

asianaussie

Smash Hero
The section is called General Games and Smash 64. They're LITERALLY putting general games before Smash 64. I guess that is a weak point, seeing as Smash is above the other categories, but I still think we shouldn't be in the General Games section, especially since it only exists because the games in it aren't significant enough to have their own sections. That's the key issue, we ARE significant enough for our own section. Is it really that hard to move us under our own heading?

You want another reason? Visibility, of course. We want to promote this great game, and putting it with Mario, Zelda and Pokemans (nothing against those games, I love them) is a little condescending when the site is called SMASHboards. My Melee/online 64 friend came for Melee only, and when I asked him why he didn't just check the answers to some of the 64 questions he asked me here, he told me he didn't know there was a 64 forum.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Seriously.

If we got a forum, plus a character forum (just one, with stickied threads for each character) and a MODERATOR (we don't have a dedicated one, I nominate Blue Yoshi for the umpteenth time), do you understand how much further we could go with SSB64?

Oh yeah, I posted something in Forum Support too. Maybe we should all bombard them with clear-cut, concise and pleasant threads. It might work.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
For clarification to everyone not in the 64 section reading this thread and being confused:

Most of us have no problem with the existence of the gaming section with games like Zelda, Pokemon, and newly added Mario (actually, I'm in agreement with adding Mario).

The thing that everyone here has a problem with is that smash 64 is a smash game, but is put in the "gaming" section with these games. We think that we should be separate from these games, seeing as this is one of the three smash games. Having us in the "gaming"section makes it look like smash 64 is the outcast game.

Sure, we know (and it is quite obvious) that smash 64 has nowhere near as many players as melee and brawl does, but... well, shoving us in "gaming" really doesn't help our cause at all.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
I noticed that there's multiple Pokemon forums... I don't see a problem with the Mario forum being added. But then again, I rarely visit that section of the forum and I've been inactive for a long time... So... :/

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I noticed that there's multiple Pokemon forums... I don't see a problem with the Mario forum being added. But then again, I rarely visit that section of the forum and I've been inactive for a long time... So... :/
we do not mind the extra forums. We dislike the fact that our game is grouped with them.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Ahh, I see what you're talking about. Well then I'd encourage you guys to setup a petition of sorts and try to reach for your goal. You wouldn't necessarily need a Moderator from the get-go either, as the Mario Universe does not have a listed Moderator at the moment.

And for the record, I am not a Moderator.

-Terywj

Studstill

Smash Ace
Warning Received
This is still relevant today, and has happened.
Holla at me if any of you still play!

Sangoku

Smash Master
How come you're so clueless with your irrelevant necrobumps? A thread from 3 years ago talking about 64's situation back then and which has no link with anything from today. Why do you want to bump that?

Since you don't seem to know and you haven't understood, 64 back then didn't have its own section on the site and was grouped with other games.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Ah, I remember the struggle for 64 to have even its own damn section. Good times. You kids these days don't know how good you have it. Oh, and get the **** off my lawn.

Last edited:

caneut

Smash Ace
There's literally no one posting in this section, giving 64 it's own section would just create a larger dead section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom