• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THIS is why we ban things from tourneys.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Thanks that was funny. I believe that is why you don't use the Mote only controller. If you look at 1:20, he was having a hard time falling through the platform. I believe you need to Double tap down to drop. Anyway, cool match! lol

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
That's was a random from the interwebs right?
How did you get a 1v1?
If the clock times out in the waiting room with only two people connected you get a 1v1. I was lucky enough to have a nigh-lagless connection with a decent Ike for one 1v1, but then two spammers joined and lagged so bad we all got booted.

It all comes down to luck, really.

House M.D.

Smash Apprentice
ok. i am frustrated by (and understand) the anti-tournament movement (in both its rat'l and irrat'l incarnations). however, what this vid shows is that when you play someone who is either 5 or has never played smash before, they lose. a better, albeit more boring, vid to show for a thread of this title is someone abusing the temple loop with fox against a slow character.

sorry to be a buzzkill :p

cdilink

Smash Apprentice
I hate that most of people think that the game is NOT supposed to be played with items. If it's really not, then why they are in game?

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
You may have got 4 points but I wouldn't call them kills. One thing I dislike about this game is you get a point even if the person walks off the edge. As long as you hit them sometime while they were alive. The pitfall punish was a nice move but other than that, you were just playing someone bad on a weak map.

*Off topic* What does /v/tard mean? And whats 4 chan?

clace

Smash Journeyman
Lawl worthy.

I feel kinda sorry for the Ike player, NO ONE starts off that bad, he must have some smash brothers related disease.

Sma****is? No..
Smaids? NO!
Neuro Brawlologis? Uh...
Brawebal Palsy? Getting better...
Smashlexia? Ah, screw it.

EDIT: Why the hell did it censor Smash-itis?

Magadei

Smash Rookie
True. The person you were playing must've really sucked which is my assumption why it was one-sided

Lawl worthy.

I feel kinda sorry for the Ike player, NO ONE starts off that bad, he must have some smash brothers related disease.

Sma****is? No..
Smaids? NO!
Neuro Brawlologis? Uh...
Brawebal Palsy? Getting better...
Smashlexia? Ah, screw it.

EDIT: Why the hell did it censor Smash-itis?
It censored it because you had s-h-!-t lined up

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
If the clock times out in the waiting room with only two people connected you get a 1v1. I was lucky enough to have a nigh-lagless connection with a decent Ike for one 1v1, but then two spammers joined and lagged so bad we all got booted.

It all comes down to luck, really.
True. The random item spawning can really mess you up and explosives over your head can kill you. With anyone matches don't matter anyway. They don't save. They just save the amount of time you have been playing, kind of like Special Brawl.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
I hate that most of people think that the game is NOT supposed to be played with items. If it's really not, then why they are in game?
Ever notice that we don't like random things around here? Items are random, so it's not fair. Face the facts.
[p.s. Typing on Wii be hard.]

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Wow, that was the most hilarious video I think I've ever seen.

Especially the pitfall spike and the time slowed down.

Ike really sucked. But you have a good point there, it took virtually no strategy at all to beat him, the scrolling stage did the work for you. Take that Sakurai, your stupid noob-enabling backfired and probably lowered the self-esteem of some little kid! HAH!

I'm not a mean person or anything.

R i p

Smash Cadet
There's no such thing as a "/v/tard". There is "/b/tard" though. Anyone who calls himself a /v/tard isn't what he thinks he is.

NDUDE

Smash Ace
It's a good thing you presented this as a joke, because that Ike is offensively bad.
LOL. The Ike was actually pretty decent on the more fair stages (this match is in the middle of a series of matches I played with that guy), but he was completely screwed over and didn't really know what to do on Rumble Falls.

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
heh, you would have had a perfect match if he hadn't touched you with his aether that one time. I find that very funny.

TheMoonman

Smash Cadet
The Ike player sucks horribly.

You didn't win that match because the items and stages made it unfair, you won because the IKE PLAYER SUCKED.

Top Bottom