• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This rule MUST be enforced, there should never be exceptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Some of you may have remember back during this past summer I was (and many others) conned out of valuable cash at Game Unicon 2009. Some have not gotten a single penny that was indefinitely owed to them, and others have only recieved little or barely anything comparable to the amount they should have recieved.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=249529&highlight=john+keough

I have no idea how anyone could trust a scum bag such as John Keough could have been placed into power to be entrusted in running such a large event, but it's evident that much overlooking of this individual has been done. Anyway, this is not related to what I'm about to say, so I'll end it there.

All cash should be paid UP-FRONT!!!!

If you are not going to pay up-front as a TO, then please LIST IT IN THE OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT PAGE to warn people that there is a massive risk in entering this event as you may never be paid. As I am writing this, I am seriously REALLY PISSED off.

Yes, I have heard Plank is quite a respected and reliable TO, I don't know whether to trust him or not--and I am not pointing fingers at him, but I haven't gotten my check from Pound 4 yet. It has been over 2 weeks. I'm sorry buddy, but does it really take 2 weeks to write down about 20 or so names and mail them out? Regardless if I am over-reacting or not, this should seriously be considered to be emphasized whether the cash will be paid up-front or not on ALL tourney pages.

I don't play for money, but come on, don't do this to anyone.

dmbrandonalt

Smash Rookie
It's been 3 weeks, actually.

I'm owed 40$

Edit: You aren't over reacting. You're under reacting.

Zucco

Smash Master
The checks were sent iirc, but yeah I agree with you.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
....You madd

Money shouldn't really be as big an issue in smash as it is.

I really hope none of you picked up smash with the intention on making bank. it really disgusts me how the top players care so much about payout.

Player-3

Smash Hero
scidadle did you read the post

if you made over a thousand dollars wouldn't you want it?

he specifically said he doesn't play for cash

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Yes I would. And this wasn't meant to be an attack on ADHD or anyone. I was just saying in general.

I realize the hypocrisy in the statement and I too would be angry about getting cheaped out on thousands but I was more talking about small scale tournaments not huge national level ones.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

dmbrandonalt

Smash Rookie
....You madd

Money shouldn't really be as big an issue in smash as it is.

I really hope none of you picked up smash with the intention on making bank. it really disgusts me how the top players care so much about payout.
You don't understand it, because you're not good enough to make money.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
It's not just smash, it's in any situation. If someone said they will pay you for whatever you did for them, whether it be a competition, or a job and you don't see anything for a week or more, wouldn't you get upset on what's taking them so long? However, Plank doesn't seem to be shady at all with the money. Wasn't it him that made that thread about what happen at OC2 or 3?

Dr.Brawl

Smash Ace
I agree with ADHD, it is really messed up that some TO's don't pay up front, but it is understandable if it's like a couple of thousand. However M2K has really been getting ripped off by that stuff too, i would also assume other notable smashers as well.

HugS™

Smash Lord
ADHD, I'm pretty sure you're getting your money last because you threatened to find his home and slit his family's throats.

Douchebag. I hope he accidentally sent your money to me, where I will proceed to burn it.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
ADHD, I'm pretty sure you're getting your money last because you threatened to find his home and slit his family's throats.

Douchebag. I hope he accidentally sent your money to me, where I will proceed to burn it.

WOW really? If this is true, you shouldn't half-*** your post if you're trying to be "sincere" saying you don't care about the money.

on the issue...
Although I'm aware of a few inconveniences, I agree any money should be paid up-front, or at least warned if they will be receiving winnings in checks. And if they're going to be checks, they should be given up-front anyways.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I read the whole thing right then i came to this

I don't play for money, but come on, don't do this to anyone.
and i could help but lol

why would there be a problem if you honestly didnt play for the $$

Masky

Smash Master
money

money money money all about that money cash rules everything around me CREAM moneyknight moneykong $nake warmoney

<------- MONEY

HugS™

Smash Lord
Just to clear things up, he went up to plank during pound 4, without knowing him, and threatened to kill his family (or something of the sort) if he wasn't paid his money.

I hope you got some sort of disease kid, cuz that's the only acceptable explanation for your piece of **** attitude and rude behavior. You've been around for like a year, you're not special.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Just to clear things up, he went up to plank during pound 4, without knowing him, and threatened to kill his family (or something of the sort) if he wasn't paid his money.

I hope you got some sort of disease kid, cuz that's the only acceptable explanation for your piece of **** attitude and rude behavior. You've been around for like a year, you're not special.
LOL OKAY. I love rumors that go through this game of telephone. First it was "I'll shoot your girlfriend and hang her" and now it is "I'll burn your family and wreck your house."

I said with a smile on my face "If you don't give the money to me I'll shoot you in jail!" I was referring to John Keough and him being presently in jail. Little did I know he'd actually take it seriously and it would result in people saying this crap. I would have thought that people would never take that joke seriously considering my age. But the need for drama and ya know, the need to say you'll do terrible things to me over a joke makes it better.

Also: I have met plank before this.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
lol Hey, I want to burn some money too.

This thread needs to be closed too. =/

Churro

Smash Journeyman
I said with a smile on my face "If you don't give the money to me I'll shoot you in jail!"

Also: I have met plank before.
Sounds like a horrible joke to me. A stupid one, really.
fail joke should have been said as follows:

"I hope you don't pull a John Keough on us, or I'll purposely get arrested to pay you a visit :laugh:"

....wait, **** that, it's still ****ed up, especially if he's handling your money where you didn't sign a contract and like you said, you met him, but that doesn't say much, I met HugS, but I don't know him.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Sounds like a horrible joke to me. A stupid one, really.
fail joke should have been said as follows:

"I hope you don't pull a John Keough on us, or I'll purposely get arrested to pay you a visit :laugh:"

....wait, **** that, it's still ****ed up, especially if he's handling your money where you didn't sign a contract and like you said, you met him, but that doesn't say much, I met HugS, but I don't know him.
So I formally apologized.. I met him in MD/VA, he came to the house and we played friendlys and doubles friendlys for HOURS. He seemed like a guy that did not take things seriously. It is just really nervebracking how people are stretching the truth, it's not like I held a gun to his head jesus christ.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i feel like a lot of people don't understand how checks work

definitely should've been sent by now, 3 weeks later though imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom