• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

this thread gets no title

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I was experimenting with pivot walking today, and wondered what would happen if I tried to pivot walk while holding a snake grenade. I ended up dashing at a much faster rate than the normal grenade dash. Comparatively, with the regular grenade dashes, i could only get to about half way across FD, where as I was able to get the full distance of FD before having the grenade blown up in my face.

This is done by holding down a, pulling out a grenade, and flicking the cstick diagonally the opposite way you are running.

The only trouble I find with this is the finger positioning. The easiest way to use this I found was to have L set to A, Hold b down with my index finger, and flick the c-stick with my thumb.

Of course, snake dashing as opposed to the Grenade run would be faster, but personally, when playing as Snake, I like to almost always be cooking a grenade, because shielding an attack while having a grenade in hand is awesome. Its good to cover a large distance while cooking a grenade.

If this has been found, I apologize, as I must have missed it in the social thread, or other thread.

Also, I can not upload videos.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
hmm sounds intresting I'll have to try this when I get home, a question though, is there a trick to pulling out the nade, wouldnt holding A make snake do his continous jab 1 and be unable to pull out a nade,
I wasnt able to doop walk with snake for the same reason... or is it just me?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
is there a trick to pulling out the nade, wouldnt holding A make snake do his continous jab 1 and be unable to pull out a nade,
I wasnt able to doop walk with snake for the same reason... or is it just me?
You have two opitions, either press b and a at nearly the same time, b first. Or jump, do an aerial, continue to hold down a. And then you could also jump and pull out the gernade, doing the first option as well.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
He is basically saying you can pivot walk while pulling grenades and that it makes you go faster than usual.

Lol @ gernade runner. If this is really new then "gernade running" should be the official name for kicks.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
If the OP was not clear, maybe I can make it now.

A pivot walk is when you hold down the a button without doing the jab, and then pressing in a upwards diagonal rapidly as you walk. This causes you to pivot, and in Marth case, go faster than his average walk speed. It sucks for Snake though.
What you are doing is ATTEMPTING to pivot walk while holding a Gernade. You can not actually pivot because you are holding a gernade.
Generally, you can only dash forward very briefly when holding a grenade. This 'gernade running' allows you to stream successive grenade dashes together flawlessly, recreating running, while holding a grenade. It allows you to go twice as far from attempting to string multiple of these tiny grenade dashes yourself.

Gr1mmy

Smash Apprentice
Nice, and you can't trip either ^_^

I'm liking this, but need a video =3

Panix

Smash Ace
Useful? eh, with snake your usually trying to stay away even if grenade countering is a valid use, it's not worth getting close to some characters.

Cool? of course, especially if you call it "grenade runner".

Edit : 555 post. Call domino's.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Also, I can not upload videos.
I like you enough to help you there. lol
We can either go onto wi-fi and do it (it would be the easiest way or you could give me your wii code (the hardest way) and vice versa.
isn't this called doop walking? Theres a video somewhere on youtube but i couldn't find it.
Kiiiiiiinnnndaaaaa..... it's like the step aboce Doopwalking.

mofo_

Smash Ace
easiest way to hold A is just do 1 f/d/utilt/grab/shad

i tried doing this but i really dont get it...isnt it the same as just doing initial grenade dash over and over?

and weird c-stick controls sometime i walk backward or jump...does it matter if its diagonal up or diagonal down?

Palpi

Smash Hero
Wow try it yourself. Doop walking is very easy to do and I am sure the hype around doop walking made most of you try it out, so just go play snake in practice mode, pull a nade and doop walk. Hell, even make your own video :)

mofo_

Smash Ace
Wow try it yourself. Doop walking is very easy to do and I am sure the hype around doop walking made most of you try it out, so just go play snake in practice mode, pull a nade and doop walk. Hell, even make your own video :)
now im confused....hold a grenade like you dropped it or hold it in stance?

Top Bottom