• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This was an amazing day for our family...

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
Although this was a long time ago, I still must tell you all. Some time around October 2-21, 2004 (could be even earlier) someone in my school handed me a Gamecrazy magazine and showed me that there was going to be a Melee tournment in our area.

Of course, without a doubt, I entered the tournament! (I am known throughout my grade for my impressive skills for my domination in Melee with Falco.)

Anyway, at the time my younger brother was 11 years old and my smallest brother was 7 years old. We were all signed up via phone...out of curiousity I asked the guy how many people signed up and he said "Yeah...there is a lot! 2 1/2 pages worth of people!" I got pretty tense but my brother told me that most of them will probably suck anyhow and that I am probably the best player in the world at that game, he was right.

On the way to the tournament we picked up our friend who is really cheap with Link (does UP+B all the time) and signed him up as well. Now on to the tournament.

When we got to Arby's (the place the tournament was held) the back room was crowded. I was jaw-dropped surprised. There were people that ranged from punk kids with bling blings to little 7 year old n00bs. (Definately not MY 7 year old brother.)

Here was how the tournament was set up: There was a showdown with 2 people each having 3 lives. They would pick their characters and both agree on a stage, fight, and one person would lose and get kicked.

Now I am going to tell you the most interesting showdowns for each one of us:

Me

Well, when I got called to play, I got versed with this girl who vainly stated "I can beat level 8 computers, I am sure to beat you!" I was like :confused: Anyway I disposed of her not losing one life and not even getting 100% damage. I later saw the girl crying in the corner.

My 11 Year Old Brother

It was my brother's turn (his last battle). He defeated this 18 year old kid who was really good. He was one of the punk kids. This was a rough battle with both of them hanging for their life of Starfox's ship. It was Marth (my brother) against Young Link (punk dude) and then my bro did a downward smash right at the perfect timing and sent Young Link down to his doom.

My 7 year old brother

When the time came for my 7-year old brother, the most interesting showdown was probably when he versed this 12 year old plump kid who claimed to be good. Well my brother showed him how to play and killed him with him losing 1 life and the guy losing all 3. At the end he put his controller down (as well as his head) and walked away.

Those were the most interesting of showdowns in the tournament. Of course, we played more than just one battle.

If you already couldn't guess the ending results, I came in 1st, my 11 year old brother came in 2nd, and my 7 year old brother came in 3rd. Although the prizes were a ripoff (scratch and sniff stickers and 2 free rentals) all three of us walked away with happiness and fame.

In case you are wondering, here are the characters we use:

Me- Falco

My 11 year old brother- Marth

My 7 year old brother- Fox

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
Oro man, we fvckin' missed you!!

Just had to get that out of my system.

*Reads story*

*edit*

You've told this story before at some point, amirite?

Seems familiar.

-SynikaL

Don Muffin

Smash Journeyman
yet again, arby's shows itself to be the chuck norris of the fast food world in terms of leetocity

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
When we got to Arby's (the place the tournament was held) the back room was crowded. I was jaw-dropped surprised. There were people that ranged from punk kids with bling blings to little 7 year old n00bs. (Definately not MY 7 year old brother.)

You saw Hiroshi there?:chuckle:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
All these crazy old threads talking about their first real tournament...

I wish I had one that was as interesting and neat. My first tournament experience with melee goes like this:

Went to MLG St. Louis
Got destroyed by Darkrain in pools
Got 2nd in pools and was happy to take two stock off of Darkrain on Green Greens
Made top 32 where I lost to two people I don't remember

end

Also, Scav:

Having a sense of humor since 2005.

_Xiphos_

Smash Rookie
wow thats a great story. Man i hope that my first tourny (hopefully soon, I'm still somewhat of a smash noob lol) will be a great story like this one!

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
I remember this thread. I loved it.

You guys aren't the only old people that remember...things...on this board.

Betrayed

Smash Ace
Reminds me of my first tournament yep yep... but I won't tell it cause I'm not epic like Oro.

This thread makes me happy in more ways than one.

DORRA DORRA BRING BRING

mario-man

Smash Lord
I feel sorry for that girl...LOL

Seriously though. She thought she was so good, only to be destroyed by you and be found later crying. It's actually kinda sad on her end. Sure, it was kinda her fault for thinkingshe was soo good, but still,she thought that and prolly told all her family and stuff that she would win first. Then she gets owned. Kinda sad. Good for you though.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Pics of the scratch and sniff stickers or it didn't happen...

No, no. I kid. That was an awesome story. My favorite part is when you mentioned your youngest brother whoopin' some ***.

Also that thing that the girl said to you reminded me of the computers you go against in Pokemon before you're forced to fight them.

Top Bottom