• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
I'm speechless.

. . .

Okay, now that that's over with, this was a HUGE update, as far as the whole story goes.

I think Mario reviving Kirby has nothing to do with the so called "Breaking the Rules," because the picture was put way before that bit of dialog. In fact, if Mario didn't revive Kirby, how would they be able to fight again, as per the rules of "This World?"

The hand shaking was nothing more than good sportsmanship: what else would you expect between Mario and Kirby?

As far as breaking the rules go, I think that weird-looking robot thing is the one "breaking the rules," thus ushering chaos in to the world. Whether intentional or not, it appears to be the "bad guy," trying to bring an end to the world of Smash as we know it.

A possibility is it aims to defeat the smashers and have them permanently become trophies, making the concept of death much more real. That would obviously have extremely dire consequences. A hero, now, must obviously risk his/her own life to thwart the foe.
Quoting myself for emphasis. And so my thoughts don't get lost in this decidedly random set of speculation.

Also, note that I am fairly disappointed that they decide to use trophies instead of something else entirely: The original didn't use trophies, but, rather, action figures, if I recall correctly.

That's really a minor blow to people like me who are hoping that Brawl isn't just a "Melee 2."

Well, that, and the beginning of the first trailer, specifically using the Melee models of the fighters.

But, like I said, the blows are minor.

Teben

Smash Apprentice
Y'know what...I think maybe we're all thinkin a little too hard about this. I'll bet these are just clips from the game intro and nothing more, making the real mystery that little robot guy.

I think someone already mentioned that he might be a replacement for the wireframes? Sounds logical to me!

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
How about this.

The rules are simply the "reference" in which a higher force works. This force has set up for himself that the trophies would fight against each other, and only trophies. But what if a little sister of this higher force adds her Barbie dolls in it, or a younger brother adds firecrackers or something.

The world might not even be real, it may be a metaphor for a child's fantasies being disrupted by his siblings.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
It's your Mii in a helmet. You fight him at the same time or after you fight the Master/Master and Crazy hands/s. You beat him, up and his helmet falls off. (shock) The player is the villain! I'm not saying that the update suggests this, but it's how I'd make it fit in with the story I think should happen. 'Cause really. you totally are the villain. MAking all the little trophies fight. Whataa jerky thing to do. You are a jerk, jerk.

Beat him with every character and unlock playable Miis.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Y'know what...I think maybe we're all thinkin a little too hard about this. I'll bet these are just clips from the game intro and nothing more, making the real mystery that little robot guy.

I think someone already mentioned that he might be a replacement for the wireframes? Sounds logical to me!
Then why is it under Game modes? If it was the intro it would have been placed under notices.

The only thing we can really do is pray and hope that what some are saying and hope They don't put a stupid update before finishing this one. :urg:

Well the robo dude(aka Enforcer) is most likly the wireframe replacement. Hey and they may poses powers to own us you may never know. So calling them weak or non threating is a understatement.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I really hate how they release this information on a friday as it is the weirdest release so far so we have to wait until monday for any other information i think they did this on purpose to keep up wonderig how cruel lol anyone agree with me?

maxpower1227

Smash Lord

Blasphemy! The real mystery obviously lies in decoding the hidden messages that were very blatantly programmed into the clouds in the background.

Oh, and I don't think this guy is a "replacement" for the fighting wire frames at all. I don't see why anyone would reach that conclusion.. he's just a new character. He doesn't have to replace anyone.

I'm very curious to see who he is though. I actually kinda hope that Master and Crazy Hand are the final bosses once more. I don't think this kind of game needs a very deep story.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
Wow I'm pretty impressed, and yet, somehow so confused, hahaha.

My guess is that it's a game mode where you fight assist trophies.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
That would imply the Assist trophies would have to be able to be killed, if you read the updates you'll find they are invincable

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
For some reason, I couldn't see the text on this update, but whenever I highlighted the blank areas, I saw the text, and immediately knew what everyone was talking about. I feel so stupid. So is it just me? Am I the only one who can't see the text?

.ReDLiNE-

Smash Cadet
To Jopaan: Sorry, I don't know of anyone else who is unable to see the text... that is kinda weird though.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I was SO not expecting an update like this, but at the same time, I love it!

Finally, a supposed in-depth story mode, just like Sakurai always wanted!

Has anyone else noticed Mario and Kirby in these screenshots? It reminds me of the opening sequence of the very first Super Smash Bros.! RemembeR? Mario and Kirby were about to face off? Then they jumped?

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I don't think the story mode is necessarily very deep based on this. The basic gist of it that I got was:

- Trophies fight
- Trophies do nothing BUT fight
- When a trophy loses, the revert to trophy form. Then their opponent revives them, and they continue the cycle of nonstop cartoon violence
- (This is kinda of what I gathered from the picture sequence: Mario and Kirby fight. (not shown: Mario defeats Kirby, Kirby turns back into trophy). Mario revives Kirby. Mario and Kirby shake hands, either to formally end their fight, or start a new one.

Nothing really deep there. Trophies just hang around fighting each other all day long, not letting each other permanently revert to trophy form. Then something comes to screw with that routine.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I hope that each character has like a diferent storyline, and not the same stages, enemies and boss like in adventure, id be sick if everyone had like a detined battle like in SC with a small cinema and everything...

@ max power:

There could be more depth than u think, maybe good and evil join forces against master hand cause no one wants to become a trophy, and just want to go home, and during the battles allies turn into trophies thus very dramatic...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Thats Melee not the first one, the first one is with the master hand placing Fox on a table...
No, what he's referring to is still from SSB64.

There's a point where Mario and Kirby are facing each other in this big open space. The sky is dark and flashes with lightning. Then that jump and bounce off each other, and the other 6 starters do the same. Then you see the silhouettes of the secret characters (or you see the secret characters if you've unlocked them) and then it goes to the start menu.

Stryks

Smash Hero
The update would have been more epic if u ask me if they would have placed mario and link, instead of kirby, really link and mario shaking hands = PWNAGE

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
I hope that each character has like a diferent storyline, and not the same stages, enemies and boss like in adventure, id be sick if everyone had like a detined battle like in SC with a small cinema and everything...

@ max power:

There could be more depth than u think, maybe good and evil join forces against master hand cause no one wants to become a trophy, and just want to go home, and during the battles allies turn into trophies thus very dramatic...
Yup, Adventure mode was pure boredom. Since my brother wiped my save a few years ago, i'm now getting round to re-doing everyone's Adventure/All-star. It was **** repetitive!
I love the sound of this mode though. Adventure would be a nice addition too I guess, just re-made with a little more complexity to it, perhaps scenarios, or different paths depending on how you do it.

Blackadder

Smash Master
There is Falco in the clouds. You can see his head in the top and on the left corner.
Only Bowser is in the clouds.
Kirby and Mario are there to represent Sakurai (Kirby) and Miyamoto (Mario)
Meta and Bowser are the villens to them, (though Meta is sorft of half half).

It's just Bowser in the clouds, basicly.
Bowser for Mario, meta for Kirby.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Now that you're disscussing Clouds.... again.

I found this images in another forum:

Let the Bloodshed begin.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Yes we know their in but not likly of any significance mainly because it is just clouds. I would also like to say it is the artist either purposefully or accidentally putting them in... This is like Red riding in a Red Truck in Shawshank Redemption...

Blackadder

Smash Master
The cloud theory again? Come on! I thought we moved on already.
Darn right we did.
Come on, lets talk about what else could be going on.

I heard an interesting theory, that mabye the Third Party characters enterying the fray are the ones breaking the rules?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
The ONLY clear image that's there is Bowser, as far as I'm concerned.

I see where you're getting Master Hand, but that's just as likely to be Boweser's claw. And I think it is.

I see Ridley, but he's much more vague. Not intentional at all as far as I'm concerned.

The cloud on the far left looks kind of like some kind of face. But again, too subtle.

If there's anyone in the clouds, I say it's Bowser alone.

Stryks

Smash Hero
The guys I see in the clouds:

Master hand
3 ganondorfs (yeah believe it)
Black shadow
Bowser
Ridley

also about the 3rd parties being the ones breaking the rules:

In this world, trophies fight.
They know nothing but fighting. Fighting is the sole reason for their existence.
Being turned back into a trophy, being unable to fight, is much like death.
Those are the rules of this world.

I dont see how 3rd parties break the rules with all of that info...
I say its the bad guys that dont want to fight to become trophies, instead they dont want to be trophies ever again and want to rule the world... imo that works XD

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I more agree with Circus here on that but, I still think it was more not intentional, but got the SSB Community all in a ruckus because of it.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I more agree with Circus here on that but, I still think it was more not intentional, but got the SSB Community all in a ruckus because of it.
More than likely.
It was bound to happen, and I think a lot of people are over reacting.
It's really just Bowser in there...

Florida

イーグランツ
More than likely.
It was bound to happen, and I think a lot of people are over reacting.
It's really just Bowser in there...
Just because Metaknight is Kirby's enemy, who appears on scene, doesn't means that the cloud formation makes up Bowser for Mario's purpous. Although, I do see a LOT of heads in those clouds, but that's just mindgames from our ol' Sakuai.

The clouds probably mean NOTHING...
If we can actually get a clip of the trailer (before, or after the release), then we'll know for sure (since it'll probably be recognizable if it's true). But until then, we can't really say anything about the matter.

Oh and I figured out what the purple thing is, it's:
Mindgames'd

Top Bottom