• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Those mysterious moments online

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Ever have one of those moments where something happened online that seemed to defy the game mechanics? Maybe a kill happened at an angle that seemed impossible or someone else took credit for a kill (or nobody at all!) that was not expected. Or perhaps with just the right items and stage, you or another object went through the floor! I know I have had plenty of such moments from time to time, and they seem to happen more often online, at least for me. Discuss.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Trying to recover on dp is impossible for me. Ike's aether always reaches the edge but somehow ike doesn't grab the ledge and i sd.

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
I was in a taunt party, not harming anyone. When sd came, one person killed themself, so the rest of us huddled up. Eventually, a bomb killed us all. Although, there were only two death stream things. I assumed that the Yoshi in the party was ceiling ko'd, but that didn't make sense because we all crouched down and he didn't win. I checked the replay, and Yoshi actually vanished upon being hit.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Replays get out of sync in Sudden Death

^

Yeah, replays are notorious for getting out of sync in Sudden Death. Out of my thousands of replays, I've had a handful where Sudden Death does not happen the same way it originally did. Sometimes a different team or individual wins because of it, but the replay itself is always consistent each time played. Whether it is consistently right or wrong is another story.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
A hot head getting stuck on the bottom right of Final Destination. Like, it was completely stuck. XD

FIREL

Smash Ace
1. I dunno if this is really a glitch, but in TB, a ganondorf got hit by lucas' f-smash and i (using luigi) used d-air meteor hit at the same time / slightly after... Ganondorf was flyin in the dirrection lucas f-smash would normally send him but then he started curving downwards (like a semispike).

2. Also, falling through the middle of FD....

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Once someone was playing Snake and got stuck on the bottom of Final Destination after camping down there (son deserved it). I was playing with a friend and a friend of a friend (he obviously was the friend of my friend). My friend, who was playing Meta Knight, would glide down there and slash him (since he couldn't attack back) and just rack up ridiculous damage until he finally KO'd him with his Final Smash somehow.

I once got a suicide when playing as Ike somehow by disappearing through the center of Final Destination when I got hit, and I got hit by some item or some powerful long-range. I fell through the stage (thus I disappeared for a while), I saw myself below the stage, and by the time I saw myself, I knew I was dead and didn't try to recover.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Final Smash desync = everyone is disconnected

Another mystery that happens occasionally is what I call the "Final Smash Desync." Basically someone gets the smash ball and tries to use it, but keeps using their neutral B move instead. Usually after this happens 3 or 4 times in a row, an error code comes up and everyone is disconnected. Most of the time it has happened, it was with whatever character I picked at the time, but I have seen it happen with one of my opponents / teammates as well.

I suspect the game might be seeing the final smash happen on one of the player's screens, and not the others, but I have no means of verifying this theory. In any event, the game gets confused and kicks everyone out.

The great part about this glitch is that it effectively ends an otherwise boring item-fest. I just wish I knew how to pull it off at will. Has anyone else ever noticed this?

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Don't you love it when you kill someone with a very strong move that launches them vertically at rocket speed, but instead of a star KO, or even hitting the screen KO (I forgot the term), they are killed by a mysterious blastzone.

I do it alot with Ganondorf's thunderstorm, and Link's D-Air.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Another mystery that happens occasionally is what I call the "Final Smash Desync." Basically someone gets the smash ball and tries to use it, but keeps using their neutral B move instead. Usually after this happens 3 or 4 times in a row, an error code comes up and everyone is disconnected. Most of the time it has happened, it was with whatever character I picked at the time, but I have seen it happen with one of my opponents / teammates as well.

I suspect the game might be seeing the final smash happen on one of the player's screens, and not the others, but I have no means of verifying this theory. In any event, the game gets confused and kicks everyone out.

The great part about this glitch is that it effectively ends an otherwise boring item-fest. I just wish I knew how to pull it off at will. Has anyone else ever noticed this?
I remember this has happened to me /once/. I don't remember who I was, though I feel like it might have actually been Lucario.. I also hate the lag between getting the smash ball and being able to use it. Like if I press B right as I get the smash ball I just (as Pit) shoot an arrow.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
That weird KO

^

Yes, I know the one you are referring to. Ganon's raw power helps for it to happen. I get it with characters other than Ganondorf too, especially on stages with low ceiling blast zones, like the Mushroomy Kingdom.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I think it's ****ing sweet when it happens.

It's like..

RAWR!

There has been one time I got hit by that damn legendary machine, you could see the animation of being hit.. and..

I'm still alive?

I also have a replay that is just as funny. You know how when you barely hit someone you see that weird flat firework animation appear on them?

Well.. Someone hit me with that legendary machine right on Ganondorf's head and just missed me. I have the picture, and the replay to back it up. Sadly, I don't have the other replay. That match's sudden death was absolutely retardedly long.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I was once in a taunt party and there was a jigglypuff who I accidently hit with meta knights tornado, but the player took no knock back or damage, I thought the player was using an invincible hack. The next match, I used used jiggly too, and used Jigglypuffs roll on that player and it hit them! Everyone started fighting me because I hit someone in a taunt party.

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice

I believe a good way to try this to buffer your neutral b. This probably works well with Fox.

1544C

Smash Rookie
I was fighting a fox player on basic brawl with items at luigi's mansion, a metal box appeared then we were trying to get that box first, but guess what... DRAW! We got the metal box at the SAME TIME, I don't know how this happened and I forgot to save that replay DX, but it might be a useful trick for a team battle I guess :D

:phone:

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I like when either Fox, Falco, or Wolf try to use their Final Smash on the Bridge of Eldin and when the bridge is regenerating it cancels their Final Smash and the camera is all zoomed in on them.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
It's funny that you mention that...

I was fighting a fox player on basic brawl with items at luigi's mansion, a metal box appeared then we were trying to get that box first, but guess what... DRAW! We got the metal box at the SAME TIME, I don't know how this happened and I forgot to save that replay DX, but it might be a useful trick for a team battle I guess :D
Now that you mention it, I think I remember having a partner in Team Battle grab a super mushroom at the same time as I did. We both benefited from the effects at the same time. Given what you have said, I'd theorize that this could work with other items like the bunny ears and possibly others.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Quite common unless you had other unknown conditions

One time I did a NAir while holding a throwing item, don't ask how.
That's actually easy to do in certain situations. Picking up an item while jumping allows for easy aerials while holding the item. Likewise, Peach's floating antics also allow her to easily do this while already holding items from long ago. I suspect you probably dropped an item in mid-air and then picked it back up right away while performing your aerial. The timing is just a little bit trickier than the previous methods.

Now if you did this by some other means, that's definitely something worth investigating.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
It's fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure I picked up an item, then got hit with a small attack, then I must have queued a NAir while reeling from it or something to that effect.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Don't you love it when you kill someone with a very strong move that launches them vertically at rocket speed, but instead of a star KO, or even hitting the screen KO (I forgot the term), they are killed by a mysterious blastzone.

I do it alot with Ganondorf's thunderstorm, and Link's D-Air.
Ah yes. It's very interesting.

I was in this TP (as you know) as Dedede on Onett. I was fighting someone and got knocked straight up for a star KO. I must have done this frame perfect, but I did a dair but the animation kept playing while Dedede was in the background. xD

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Just yesterday I was in a match on Temple trolling people with Samus (pink) and during Sudden Death.. A bomb hit mario (Default) in the lower left section and projected him down the slope. (You know where that slope goes down towards that tiny platform in the lower middle?) Mario was stuck on the very edge of that slope upsidedown unable to move. He was stuck in that animation for a good 7 seconds until the momentum kicked in again ending up shooting him straight to his death.

@ Mecha - That sounds awesome.

My brother told me something really interesting. He said he was in a match on FD with basically the space furries. A green coconut (I like to call them that) spawned. He was Yoshi (pink). A Falco (default) picked up the coconut and threw it upwards. My brother used F-Air and the Falco used D-Air on the coconut at the same exact time and for some odd reason the coconut hit my brother all the way to 999% in a matter of seconds. XDDDD
:242:

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
D: Why you make fun of my incoherent stories!

Edit: Oh yes.. I troll people alot on the game.. Especially noobs. They really irritate me. So I use pink Samus / pink Zelda / Kirby / Jiggles / Wario / etc to piss them off.

:242:

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Even Spectator Mode desyncs!

As I watch one of my glitched replays from today where Sudden Death desyncronized from what originally happened, I am reminded of something from the last week or two. In Spectator Mode, I saw a match that obviously had the same behavior. It went to Sudden Death and then players performed their finishing moves on nothing, then taunted, while players on both teams were just standing there. The bombs started dropping rapidly, and the game decided the winning team based on the glitched replay, regardless of who won originally. That would suck if I were watching one of my own replays in Specator Mode, bet on who I remembered winning, only to lose the coins due to the glitched replay!

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Consistently glitching bike through floor

Would anyone be interested in a replay from last night where I glitched Wario's bike through the floor on Hyrule temple not just once, but SIX times within the allotted 2 minutes?

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Would anyone be interested in a replay from last night where I glitched Wario's bike through the floor on Hyrule temple not just once, but SIX times within the allotted 2 minutes?
I would be interested in seeing that. Lol.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
This wasn't wifi, but I (Snake) was fighting my little brother (Pika) and for some reason, I still had a nade in my hand when I grabbed him. :confused:

I can't explain it, tried to recreate it, but failed.

At least it got me a KO.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Will send via Wii to anyone

Since I do not have a youtube account or the means of making it into a vid, I'll gladly send it over the Wii to someone who can. In the past I sent others to Dark 3nergy, so PM me if you can, anyone.

Zulo

Smash Ace
This wasn't wifi, but I (Snake) was fighting my little brother (Pika) and for some reason, I still had a nade in my hand when I grabbed him. :confused:

At least it got me a KO.
He probably picked it up right before you grabbed him, and it looked like you were holding it.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713

At least it got me a KO.
Did you drop it first? I did this with olimar but its not the same mechanic.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Olimar can do this. He can still smash/throw while still holding a banana or grenade.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Olitard annoys me more than anyone else, mostly because it's really difficult to read him.

And his camping really pains my ***.

I'll have to have him pick up the nade and then grab him.

But I would think he would drop it....

Won't know until I try. This could be a useful trick, since I don't think I was damaged by it at all.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Just get some distance on Olispam and use more long range attacks. Nading the hell out of him is a good strategy but it might get predictable....

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Depends on how you use the nades. I love to watch the little Piknoses get blown to hell.... :reverse:

Top Bottom