• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Those who haven't played Brawl yet - are you still as hyped about getting it?

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
I think most people in America and Japan who got this game at launch would have approached Brawl with the mindset that "This is going to be the greatest game ever!!... all that was known was that Famitsu gave it a perfect score, and we needed this game to live. Nothing bad had been said about the game by anyone, there was no reason to approach Brawl with anything but the greatest optimism.

However, having seen the communities opinion on Brawl become so divided, and having read so much negative as well as positive feedback about the game, I now find myself approaching Brawl with a someway negative mindset. I was DYING to play this game for the longest time, but now.. I'm not so sure. I don't expect to be as blown away anymore, and the wait for a release date feels a lot easier..

I'm wondering if the PAL gamers sense of anticipation about Brawl has been changed by whats been said on the forums. What do you guys think, is the game still as tantalising as ever?

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
I don't really give a crap about the reception of those who have Brawl already. I'm just very frustrated that it's suffered a staggered release date.

Maybe I'm just used to simultaneous worldwide releases, but it still feels pretty awful.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Brawl is going to be the most played game in my Household, god I still play SSBM to this day, The smash series only can get better IMO, and I don't Care how the physics changed compared to melee, however, we coped when it was such a change From SSB64 to SSBM, and I'll still adapt my playstyle, like in anygame, best suits me! anyway, Mario Kart wii is a good way to make the time pass quickly, I play with my dad and my brother when the game comes out, also, the SSBB is coming around my birthday(late may is my Birthday), so I can wait, never-the-less, I still want to play Brawl now, but i'll cope!

milind4

Smash Apprentice
I live in India, and I only got the game like a week ago. There was plenty of negative stuff at that time as well, but it didn't stop me from keeping all my hype...

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
I'm wondering if the PAL gamers sense of anticipation about Brawl has been changed by whats been said on the forums. What do you guys think, is the game still as tantalising as ever?
Buy the game, then decide whether you like it or not. It's what I did.

Btw, freeloader + Brawl is not particularly hard to come by, and it works really well.
(Works on all versions of Wii, and with no random consequences)

It's what I did.

i dont think that quite makes sense...
It makes perfect sense. I remember the good old days of "NO U".

shurf

Smash Cadet
Everyone reacts to the game differently. Just because other people precieved it so negatively doesn't mean you have to.

I love the darn game. Ever since I got it, I haven't played another game since. Its been in my Wii for like 3 weeks now. So much to learn with all the new characters, so much content. If you're gonna play at a competitive level, then you might be frustrated that many characters went through some changes, but most are for the better. But playing for fun is very enjoyable with others.

No one should stop him/herself from getting a game just because people are so negative.

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
I'm more hyped for Mario Kart
Me too! I love Double Dash so much. Freshman year of college, my friends and I played that way more than we should have. At least a couple of hours a day. And then these last two years we've eased off and only play once a month or so. But right now I can't wait until I get back to the States in August and can play the new Mario Kart Wii. Hopefully I'll get to play SSBB at some point in the future, but I'm not too anxious to do it. I don't have a Wii, and if I want to play a fighting game I'm pretty happy with Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance right now.

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
If you can't wait, just import the **** game and get FreeLoader, seriously.
I'm still looking forward to Brawl, but not enough to risk buying in the American version only for Nintendo to block the Freeloader and leave me with 60euros worth of game I can't use. I know you can stop the updates, and that Datel promised to update the Freeloader to get around any problems Ninendo might throw at you, but I just don't want that hassle.

Everyone reacts to the game differently. Just because other people precieved it so negatively doesn't mean you have to.
Oh I agree, I really do wish I still had that sense of positivity about it, but I can't help my opinion having been swayed. There's still nothing I want more than for Brawl to be my new favourite ever game, and since I don't play competitively, there's certainly a possibility. I'm just thinking now that it might be better to approach Brawl realistically, going in accepting that it mightn't be amazing could be a good thing.
I'd rather enjoy it because its a very good game, rather than be disappointed because it's not an amazing game.

And if it does turn out to be amazing, while I've not gone in expecting it to be so, that's going to be my nicest surprise all year.:bee:

Top Bottom