• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thought I'd make a stall team for fun...

DonkeyKongUh

Smash Cadet
Shoddy team:

Team at a glance:

Team in debth:

Hippowdown @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Moveset:
Earthquake
Slack off
Stealthrock
Roar

My lead :). He's very bulky. Sets up stealth rocks, his main STAB is earthquake. If something resists/is ammune ill roar um out. Also considering toxic for roar, but ive been screwed over too many times by ninjask leads...

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 176 Def / 16 Spe
Moveset:
Brave Bird
Roost
Spikes
Whirlwind

Sets up spikes, and builds of damage with whirlwind. Roost to heal, bravebird for a stab... pretty standard here.

Blissey @ leftovers
Ability: Natural cure
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 Def / 40 SpA / 216 SpD
Moveset:
Aromatherapy
Softboiled
Ice beam
Toxic

This was a tough toss up between wish support, and aromatherapy and I decided to go for aromatherapy... Maybe I can switch to a wish set and give celebi heal bell?... but i definely need a cleric as status has screwed me over 1 too many times. Nothing else knows toxic so i gave it to blissey. Thunder wave wouldn't be of much use, since all it allows me to do is to gain the speed advantage, but all my pokemon except starmie and celebi are not needed for their speed. Need a bit of help on this as it's a tough decision, and i'm not to sure which way to go. (3 of my pokemon have natural cure, rotom can absorb sleep, and skarmory is immune to toxic...) maybe i don't need a cleric? O_o

Rotom-H @ leftovers
Ability: levitate
Nature: bold
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Moveset:
Rest
Discharge
Sleep talk
Will-o-wisp

Sleep absorber and spin blocker. Weakens the enemy with burn, potentially gets some paralysis with discharge. Uses rest and sleep talk to heal. Can take both physical and special hits.

Starmie @ leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Moveset:
Surf
Reflect
Recover
Rapid Spin

Spinner if they try to set up on me (as I like to switch a lot...) Reflect support helps against the mostly physical metagame, and blissy already does such a spectacular job on the special spectrum. Surf is a STAB, and recovery is useful.

Celebi @ leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Moveset:
Perish song
Grass knot
U-turn
Recover

A taunter might work, but perish song is for more fun for killing that stat boosing and sleep talking last pokemon that i can no longer pseudohaze with roar and whirlwind. Grass knot's my stab. Recover is for healing. U-turn is to get out in case celebi is my last pokemon too O_o...

Overall, any advice is appreciated. Should i turn blissey to wish support and go without a cleric? Any important threats I need to attend to?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Y'know what they say, no decent stall team is any different from Obistall? Well, they're right.

I've never been a fan of Skarmory. Fire attacks and Thunderbolt are really common, and both are usually special types, which makes Skarmory very sad.

Lack of Toxic Spikes confuses me.

supermarth64

Smash Ace
Go make this into Obistall by adding in Tentacruel > Starmie <_< >_>.

How does your team handle Mixmence/Mixnite/Infernape?

DonkeyKongUh

Smash Cadet
obistall? And yeah, I could probably use a nice Ice move... Rotom does a decent job at burning so that severely weakens those physical threats...

I guess i'll put in a toxic spike tentacruel for starmie.

Top Bottom