• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THRILLER: This was it. Congrats to Cao, Amaterasu, Tibs, Shaya, Meteor and Unreon <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

unreon

Smash Ace
Does anyone else want to actually learn the Thriller dance and perform it? I'm actually very much up for this. Then we can record it and make a THRILLER: Smash Bros montage video and show the world how wonderful we are :D

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
^ This will be my job. I'll hopefully be able to give everyone interested a crash training course on the day and record simple vampirely movements for a montage!

I'm doing a zombie shuffle sometime next month, so I'll have the exp. in dressing up for the part too!

Zero

Smash Hero
Does anyone else want to actually learn the Thriller dance and perform it? I'm actually very much up for this. Then we can record it and make a THRILLER: Smash Bros montage video and show the world how wonderful we are :D
yesssssss

It will be amazing. CAO's best zombie comp is also an amazing idea.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Rage

I hate this song. I hate the dance.
I'll fit in perfectly.
I won't even have to dress up to look like a raging zombie.
I can roll my eyes back so I look possessed, my talents end there though. I don't dance. :@

Ugh, I'm too insecccccuuurrrreeee.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
That's OK Nova, I'm sure next time we can pressure Shaya into running a tournament called 'Bad Romance.' That would be very fun choreography, actually!

The Thriller Dance:

I'm probably going to stay the Friday night over in the Meriton World Tower again (like Don't Come 1) to invite all zombies for a easy-going dance session and (smash) party. Zombies get priority as I remember last time I got rooms there, I couldn't fit everyone in since there was already something like 14 people inside.

While I feel it may be too much to ask zombies to learn the full Thriller Dance (as I'm new to it too), dancers can supposedly nail most aspects in 2 hours and it will cover all of the signature moves (like the MJ stance, the Roar Sweep, Claw Swim etc) by simply following commands from Youtube videos, which we'll be using. More than enough to make a montage! And we don't even have to memorize many steps!

If we get more adventurous we might take it further by shooting parts of it in various locations in Sydney's CBD. :)

There's about 40 parts to this video with more detailed instructions (which we'll go through as a group on the Friday night and at the tourney), but this is the full one with commands:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AVvnBiBYcvY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AVvnBiBYcvY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Condog - At least arrive as a Zombie. Wear your Lucas outfit but make him look beat up?

Kulla is drooling at the Thriller dance as well!

LOL Sieg wins!

Vermy

Smash Champion
I'll take a bottle to Conor's pretty face if he doesn't dance. I'll f*cken cut you b*tch.

Those who will not succumb to the evil of the Thriller[b/] will kneel in pieces. Or I will murder them and control them as fleshless puppets.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
It would be awesome for the montage if everyone at the tournament randomly stopped playing Smash for a moment to get up and do the claw sweep. That's piss easy to do and it's not even dancing.

You just go RAWR RAWR RAWR

Sieg

Smash Champion
**** is gonna be so amazing.

Must somehow incorporate Thriller into the tournament.

unreon

Smash Ace
It would be awesome for the montage if everyone at the tournament randomly stopped playing Smash for a moment to get up and do the claw sweep. That's piss easy to do and it's not even dancing.

You just go RAWR RAWR RAWR
Holy !@#$%^ YES YES YES.

I am so pumped now for this. WILL COME IF IT MEANS A PATIENT DIES ON ME THE NEXT DAY.

Where to get zombie clothes? We need makeup! Call in Thundermistress and Liesha and Emily!!

Sieg

Smash Champion
Holy !@#$%^ YES YES YES.

I am so pumped now for this. WILL COME IF IT MEANS A PATIENT DIES ON ME THE NEXT DAY.

Where to get zombie clothes? We need makeup! Call in Thundermistress and Liesha and Emily!!
I agree.

Someone find me a nice zombie worksuit to buy.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
flights are obviously not booked yet, but im pretty guaranteed for this. toby has already offered housing <3

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Holy !@#$%^ YES YES YES.

Squeee! This sounds like a lotta fun. I'd come up just to dance and be a zombie. <3 And I really want an excuse to pop up to Sydney...will see how my flights around Asia go in the next two months.

But if anyone wants help/suggestions...I'll be aorund. : D Pre-warning- I hear fake blood stains baaad. : D <3

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
I'm...I'm not going to do any Smash. I just want to dance.
pure win.......would be so epic if everyone learnt the dance, im def in....*begins loooking up youtube videos*

Toby.

Smash Master
I got you covered Attila.

I will actually come to this tournament. I already promised JP.

Crazy i know.

I'm going to ****ing **** you ****ing sons of *****es.

...Or I would if I didn't suck now. I'm so last gen :(

Zero

Smash Hero
Nyx Avatar, if you're in Yamba when this happens, I think it is worth the plane/drive to come to this. It will be the best tournament in the history of Smash.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Nyx Avatar, if you're in Yamba when this happens, I think it is worth the plane/drive to come to this. It will be the worst tournament in the history of Smash.
Fixed. But I'm still coming anyway. <3

Nyx Avatar said:
Id like some details as in place/date/etc lol
The very first post in this topic said:
Someone said to me that it's a good idea to plan to be in Sydney on the 10th and 11th of April.
How about this if someone can beat Master 3 on Monkey Ball in 20 tries while I'm watching them, I'll do the stupid dance, alone, by myself. RAH.

Edit: Ugh. Seriously, I will kill myself if someone actually does.

Suspect

Smash Hero
hm, thats around the time i was originally suppose to get in but due to money issues i pushed it back to May.

wait i have the feeling im being trolled and this tourny isnt gonna be all that big

Zero

Smash Hero
Some of the finer details are still being confirmed. However the date and nature of the event are definitely correct.

THRILLER!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
should make a real tourny thread for it, if there is one LINK PLZ!
I sticked this because it will be amazing, and that's because I said so. Anything Cao stickies initiates the hype train and you can't stop the hype train...

This will eventually turn into a 'real' thread.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hi Nyx.

Im still working out costs, and other things, including OzHadous stuff (SF4 and BlazBlue are hopefully going to be there).

But the venue and the dates are most definitely confirmed.

Scheduling is aimed for

Day One
Brawl/Melee Singles Pools
Melee Doubles

Day Two
Singles Brackets
Brawl Doubles

This indefinitely was set up for the hype train.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom