• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THRILLER: This was it. Congrats to Cao, Amaterasu, Tibs, Shaya, Meteor and Unreon <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvan

Smash Apprentice
So, I'm thinking about coming to this...

But I have no idea what's up with pools. What's the difference between a pool and a bracket?

I won't be able to attend both days though =(

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hooooly crap Sylvan!

Ive been meaning to prod you about this for ages, but I just assumed you would be too seperated from the scene to want to join in!

For those who do not know, Sylvan is like... the ORIGINAL NSW WOLF.
:p
And his brother was the original NSW Donkey Kong too :D

Sloth

Smash Ace
So, I'm thinking about coming to this...

But I have no idea what's up with pools. What's the difference between a pool and a bracket?
Basically - your sorted into a pool first. In a pool you verse everyone else in that pool. If you win enough matches against everyone you then proceed out of the pool into a double elimination bracket.

It's a system that just allows you to play more games and seed the double elim bracket better.

Woo, I'm flying in tomorrow morning! Staying with Jaz. I think he mentioned something about stuff occuring Friday night. Anyways, it should be fun.
I'll try not to dissapoint you Kas <3 everyone I know is pressuring me for a top 3 placing. Now I just need to learn how to play well and I can do it :D

fruityman

Smash Cadet
Love the thriller song with this thread. It started playing while i
was listening to a song on iTunes and I was like...

0.o lolwut? xD

HYPEHYPEHPYEYPHE!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
dont worry ea, just turn a tap off again in front of him, I garentee he'll turn green and give in

druckey

Smash Apprentice
SummonerAU - It's a sign D:

Urgh, now he's instructed me that he is doing melee singles but not double :urg:

He's bipolar :ohwell:

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
PLZ NO DEATH POOL WITHOUT ADVANCE NOTICE

unless you want to run death pool just for zombie day

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
of COURSE there will be death pools.

I think I will run a death pool for everyone who came 4th, and after they all challenge eachother, the top 4 will be in the death pool of the 3rd people in pools, which will mean a 12 man death pool.

This 12 man death pool will be extremely epic.
I think it will be duelist pro death pools btw.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
nah

Ganon challenge death pools

You go against 3 people and each time one changes until everyone has played as ganon. Every stock you take is recorded. Person with largest taken stock wins all the money.

GO TO SLEEP SHAYA GAWD

I LAG

Smash Lord
of COURSE there will be death pools.

I think I will run a death pool for everyone who came 4th, and after they all challenge eachother, the top 4 will be in the death pool of the 3rd people in pools, which will mean a 12 man death pool.

This 12 man death pool will be extremely epic.
I think it will be duelist pro death pools btw.
^this even if i come 4th in pools its like insta win into the bracket coz i pwn at duelist pro and shaya wont be there to beat me

Sirias

Smash Champion
That's pretty neat. c:

Are you guys gonna RECORD the matches these times, instead of THINKING you're recording them like nubs? Shaya, that means you. <3

And yeah, Cao is 'totally' confident. He just 'loves' the atmosphere when playing competitively, yep. We both do. Just love it. Can't get enough of it. Best thing ever. Yeah. No. Yeah. No. Yeah...

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i think it's ****en good
how good was me vs accelerate
**** was close and exciting
would do it every day

Alzi

Smash Master
Good luck to everyone tommorow. It's going to be an epic day.

GOING TO BE THRILLED ON THE DAY.

Lol Awww nova got banned maybe our team name should be banned 7 points. Nah but the name you said before Nova works very well hahahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom