• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thumbswayup vs NinjaLink

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Awesomeeeeee

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Haha true, but you never realize how annoying Diddy is until you have to play against him.

Plus, four bananas out at once wtf lol

^^I agree with this^^

As far as the vid goes, both of you are good players but at the same time both of you play so linear. Not that its a bad thing or anything. Although I must say that it was well done, I almost never allow so many bananas on the field at once :) Any ways I want to have some matches with NinjaLink now, so hit me up.

Yo Thumbswayup where do you live? NY?

-advent-

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Um just one thing I think you should do. When NL had 2 bananas you tried to get your own to counter his, but that's not a good idea since he can punish the animation and then theres another banana to hurt you with. I think I saw you do it 2-3 times and got punished badly because of it.

Barrel counters didn't even work lol.

IDK

Smash Lord
yeah not bad. i thought i had watched it already but i guess not. when both of you monkey flipped at the same time i lol'd. the 4 bananas at once hurt my mind. i like playing peach/rob/diddy sometimes though because i feel like a kid in a candy store just glide tossing everything. pretty fun and puts insane pressure on them.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
<3 Niko, you're my favorite Peach main.

Thanks DUB, but I played much better in the tourny set NinjaLink and I had at Critical Hit 4, which was not recorded. I think I'm better now anyway so if NL and I ever play again I'll see if I can get it recorded.

Sorry advent, but I stopped playing wifi a week after Brawl came out. I can't stand the button delay and lag. You should come to the ECRC C3 in November and we'll play there.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Sorry advent, but I stopped playing wifi a week after Brawl came out. I can't stand the button delay and lag. You should come to the ECRC C3 in November and we'll play there.
Yea I know what you mean with the button delay. I almost never use Diddy online unless there is 0 lag period. But I do like to **** people online with my new Marth :) And when in November is C3?

-advent-

IDK

Smash Lord
gasp! now me and advent main diddy and marth? who else u play? judging your sig i'm guessing maybe link or TL

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
gasp! now me and advent main diddy and marth? who else u play? judging your sig i'm guessing maybe link or TL
I have been on the boards for a lo0ong time, like beyond my join date in 05. I just like the Zelda series of games.

But naw, I only main Diddy. I like to mess around with Toon Link for fun and in friendlies. I exclusively use Marth for online although many has told me that my Marth is pretty good. If I had a secondary then it would unofficially be Snake. But in tournies I only use Diddy all the way :p

-advent-

Luigi player

Smash Master
Haha true, but you never realize how annoying Diddy is until you have to play against him.

Plus, four bananas out at once wtf lol
lol, so true.

Awesome match :)

Ninjalink REALLY wanted that his barrels hit lol... but overusing it wasn't so good I guess. You can't really count on them...

ADHD

Smash Hero
Marth is very hard you have to use more nanerz and dribbling is almost essential for spacing.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Im gonna be honest thumbs. U did indeed just try to copy me. Cause i looked at how u play before u met me and afterwards...........kinda lookin familar. Its cool. Main problem though. U play on autopilot. Even though It looks crazy like ur doin something special, u'll only get but so many ppl. Haven't u noticed at time i just stood there against u? I was just waiting for an approach so I punish it.

Ur on the way to becoming great i guess but i have to realize why ur doin the things ur doing. U do have ur patterns. Overcome ur autopilot and u will become better. I kno i've been there. That pikachu sig is autopilot. The other isnt. Which looks better?

Anyway good stuff. Dont take this as an insult, just advice.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Im gonna be honest thumbs. U did indeed just try to copy me. Cause i looked at how u play before u met me and afterwards...........kinda lookin familar. Its cool. Main problem though. U play on autopilot. Even though It looks crazy like ur doin something special, u'll only get but so many ppl. Haven't u noticed at time i just stood there against u? I was just waiting for an approach so I punish it.

Ur on the way to becoming great i guess but i have to realize why ur doin the things ur doing. U do have ur patterns. Overcome ur autopilot and u will become better. I kno i've been there. That pikachu sig is autopilot. The other isnt. Which looks better?

Anyway good stuff. Dont take this as an insult, just advice.
Quoted for truth, autopilot can only take you so far. I prefer to punish people's approaches and go from there.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Diddy dittos require the most thinking out of any matchup in this friggin game

Top Bottom