• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THunder Storming...useless?

@HomE

Smash Ace
Well im not even gonna touch on the parents thing...

But I will say this, you can't take offence when people talk **** about your main. Especially when you play a mid to low tier char like sonic. Just because someone is talking **** about your main DOESNT mean that they are talking **** about you or your playstyle. you cant take it personally...

Ganon is definatly low on the list and that gives me that much more satisfaction when I stomp people til they throw the controller.. :)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You raise a very good point there, my good chum.

I take my Bandana off to you, very well played.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
The whole point of Thunderstorming is that it punishes APPROACHES. If the opponent attacks, you should have predicted and should already be in the air stomping the ever-living-**** out of them. It's one of the reasons that playing Ganon requires so much more skill than other characters. If the only way to punish was OoS, then Marth would be the best **** character in the game, but he isn't. The best way to punish is to **** well make sure that they whiff and punish them for that.

And that is how you play Ganondorf.
qft. Punish with TS b/c it's a pretty telegraphed approach to the experienced player.

The Mediator

Smash Journeyman
Considering that there's NO LAG after a thunderstomp, because the point of the tech is to CANCEL LAG, you actually do have options if they shield the attack... Instantly spot dodge and jab, or just instantly jab. The jab is strong enough that if they continue shielding, it'll push them away from you, and if they come out of the shield, well, it'll hit them.

2fAke

Smash Rookie
lmao, good vids, though the first isn't as funny. Where did snake go in the second? :laugh:
That first video is a good display of improv, however I wish we could see what level the CPu was set to. It looked like a level 5 or lower. Ike Cpu is such a nub.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
lmao, good vids, though the first isn't as funny. Where did snake go in the second? :laugh:
That first video is a good display of improv, however I wish we could see what level the CPu was set to. It looked like a level 5 or lower. Ike Cpu is such a nub.
Snake apparently commited suicide. :O

It was Lv 9, you could tell because he loved to airdodge. Randomuserguy is just an excellent ganon main.

Maybe this is better?

Top Bottom