• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier Breakers- A New Tournament Format-Official Thread Made!

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I personally believe every player has the ability to become a top player, yes even you. However, the current tournament format doesn't do a good job of reflecting this belief. Its design is best for showcasing who is the best (most consistent) player in the moment, or gauging how any one player improves. It’s flaw, however, is that that’s all it does. It’s just a gauge, but it isn't very effective at actually improving players.

That is where I come in. My name is David Silberberg, although many of you know me as Seibrik. I've competed in numerous out of state competitions throughout my Brawl career. While I am not claiming to be one of the best players out there, one thing I've learned from all my national experiences is I’m really quite good at teaching. At one point I had a short running Q&A stream running where I answered questions involving getting better at Smash from players around the country. I've helped a number of smashers from Florida on countless occasions whenever they've been smart enough to ask questions. I've even taken part in Esam’s progression in the national scene. I’m by no means taking full credit for his achievements, for no amount of teaching would have mattered if not for his incredible diligence and determination.

I am currently working to create a format that will emphasize education and improvement. This format will include short lessons in a classroom setting, and give newer players more direct one on one time with more experienced players. I will be starting this format the first Sunday of July, 2013, in Miami Fl. For more details regarding this format, make a quick post and subscribe to this thread, as I will be updating it with more information in the coming weeks.

***5/14 UPDATE***
Before I introduce to you just what Tier Breakers is, allow me to further introduce myself. Those of you who know me very well personally can skip over this part, but I implore everyone to read this to get a deeper understanding of where I’m coming from.
To get to know me better, click HERE!

Tier Breakers in FULL detail! Just click here!

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
this is a really great idea!

it's too bad i used to live in FL.

I think this should be in other states as well, like the Alt North and other regions!

Top Bottom