• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

The_NZA

Smash Lord
I think this game would be a lot better if CCing was slightly less effective. I don't want it to be completely useless or anything, but when people are still ****ing up my offense with it around 60-70 percent (often unintentionally), it's kind of a buzz kill and feels like bad game play design.
Maybe your offensive approach is supposed to change when your opponent is at 60-70 percent?

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
I think this game would be a lot better if CCing was slightly less effective. I don't want it to be completely useless or anything, but when people are still ****ing up my offense with it around 60-70 percent (often unintentionally), it's kind of a buzz kill and feels like bad game play design.

This ****. is serious.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
NAW ***** you gotta plan that ****, CC when they CC and grab them back. Sheik style

Let me just say if you hate those people who just happen to CC the kill move or CC your jab mixup and you die for it, then you're gonna ****in hate someone like me. Like god I'm a *** when it comes to CC. If you want a free win pick Peach chances are I'm still gonna be holding down for some reason.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Unintentional CC happens all the time whether we always take note of it or not, and to me the fact that something so silly can have such a strong effect on the outcome of a match only underlines how poorly implemented it is (not by PM, just Melee in general)

But whatever, it's not like CC will be changing anytime soon. I fully expect someone will tell me how much of a scrub I a and that I only hate CC because I get "***** by it", that's what usually happens.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Yea yea, I am aware that is a concern that somebody always feels the need to bring up any time someone complains about CCing.

Where did I say that CCing should straight up not exist? I never said anywhere that the CC concept itself is fundamentally broken, only that is was implemented by Sakurai and his team in a really sub-par way. Is anyone going to argue that it is perfect the way it works now and there is no way it could possibly be improved as a game mechanic?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
CC and DI down ruin so many good things. Like it's not ok to CC/DI a Falcon Knee into the floor as D3 at like 120 and live cause of it (and cause of sticky techroll)

Shoulda grabbed him first I guess. Le sigh

Oracle

Smash Master
Using CC and asdi down charizard can survive falcons knee at more than 200% lelelel

I just think some chars might need better ways to deal with crouch cancelling. Generally multi hit moves are really good answers; in melee against cc spamming peaches you can spam dair with fox. Remember, if someone is ccing they have to hold down, which means they cut out all of their mobility options

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Not by that much though. You could jump/cancel that into grab or Usmash or Wavedash, or fairly quickly go into a dash. If you could only CC by holding down when your character is doing nothing else then yes it would be very limiting movement wise. But since you can practically do it whenever you are touching the ground, you don't usually have to go out of your way to CC stuff and you don't really lose options from crouching.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
If you could only CC by holding down when your character is doing nothing else then yes it would be very limiting movement wise. But since you can practically do it whenever you are touching the ground, you don't usually have to go out of your way to CC stuff and you don't really lose options from crouching.
You have to use the term ASDI down, because I believe you indeed can't CC unless you seriously are just in crouching animation. Like I'm thinking this was all just ASDI down unless crouching while d-tilting still crouch cancels http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbkyZSbJ57E

Emg3

Smash Cadet
I created a tier list strictly based off of my own experiences playing pm. Let me know what you think.

Top Tier:
Bowser
Fox
Falco
Sheik
Peach
Marth
Jiggs
C. Falcon
Diddy
Squirtle
Mario
Snake
DK
Ganon
Ike
Ivysaur
High Tier:
Sonic
ZSS
Lucario
Lucas
Wolf
Link
Wario
Zelda
Charizard
Pit
Toon Link
Dedede

Mid Tier:
Luigi
Ness
Pikachu
Rob
Game & Watch

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
maybe change text color, it's hidden for the neo blue skin lol

Bowser isn't #1, doesn't even fit top 5

Squirtle ain't hot sauce in a pickle jar

Where have you been for Sonic he's Spin tier

Emg3

Smash Cadet
Hi thanks for the feed back i'll keep working on and editing my list. This was just based off of my own experiences playing with friends.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Tiers are an abstract concept we've applied and tried to solidify.

Fox is real though

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Idk he doesn't seem impressive. You have to read people and actually try to combo with him compared to *insert Mario*

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The true terror of the skies will be Lucas

They buffed his hair

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Yo this thread is basically over. This **** is all gonna become irrelevant once metaknight comes and invalidates your mains. Might as well just ban him now, before **** gets out of hand.

RIP Project M, you will be missed.

Ace55

Smash Lord
He still feels like a Mid-tier Melee character to me, and I consider that mediocre in this game. Maybe current PM Pikachu would reach Melee Ganondorf's level, but even then, the characters at Melee Ganondorf's level got/are getting buffed. Nobody has ever said "I really want [PM Character] to be as good as Melee Pikachu."

I'd argue melee Pikachu is already better than melee Ganon. Decent matchups with Fox, Falco, Marth, Jiggs, Falcon goes a long way. Only relevant matchup Ganon probably does better at is Peach (they both get ***** by Sheik).

Dudex11a

Smash Rookie
Just thought I'd get my own tier list out here before 2.6 comes out.
This tier list is based on what I've been seeing in tournaments and experiences on wi-fi.

High Tier:
1. Sonic
2. Fox
3. Zelda
4. Falco
5. Mario
6. Shiek
7. Peach
Mid Tier:
8. Bowser
9. Marth
10. Jigglypuff
11: Wolf
12. Ivysaur
13. ROB
14. Pit
15. Wario
16. Luigi
17. Toon Link
18. Lucas
19. Pikachu
20. Donkey Kong
21. Lucario
22. Zero Suit Samus
23. Captain Falcon
24. Ike
25. Ganondorf
26. Squirtle
27. Game & Watch
28. Snake
Low Tier:
29. Ness
30. Link
31. Charizard
32. King DeDeDe

I know I didn't put Diddy on this list, this is because I have no idea where to put him. You never see Diddy in tournament and not many people play him in general, he's probably the most underused character in the game. Also some feedback on this would be nice but otherwise I'm really content with this tier list.

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
Yo this thread is basically over. This **** is all gonna become irrelevant once metaknight comes and invalidates your mains. Might as well just ban him now, before **** gets out of hand.

RIP Project M, you will be missed.
Why are you whining? MK looks like he's gonna have a lot of problems with CC (if I'm correct about this Bowser is gonna be the character of MK's Bane) and vertical recovery. He still looks like a solid contender for the higher tiers but Marth and Sheik (based on Calabrel's and RyokoYaksa's 2.6 streams) have no problem what so ever against him. With that said, I'd like to see how the MK v Falco MU develops

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Using CC and asdi down charizard can survive falcons knee at more than 200% lelelel

I just think some chars might need better ways to deal with crouch cancelling. Generally multi hit moves are really good answers; in melee against cc spamming peaches you can spam dair with fox. Remember, if someone is ccing they have to hold down, which means they cut out all of their mobility options

Except when peach SDI's out of the drill and you get dsmashed anyways x.x.

Top Bottom