• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I swear, does everyone assume DDD is always on the ground? or even like half the time? because I'm not... I'm always in the air

jtm94

Smash Lord
Mk too strong, no counters.
Best character in the game. 10 out of 10.

Mario isn't a god, but he is super even with what I consider all of the cast with a margin of error of + or - 2 characters.

OidBirdie

Smash Cadet
How has this thread not been split into another called character design complaints thread. I'm sick of reading bullcrap such as i think x is poorly designed, but is not op (read: zelda). Zelda has more issues than Time magazine, but that's a separate thread. I have to sift through so much stupid **** (such as this write-up to others reading it). This thread is flooded with so many useless or blatantly off-topic posts
that make me groan when i read them.
The salt is strong with this one.
End of rant that's falling on deaf ears anyways.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
I think the biggest problem with your post is that you started off wrong and bashed first then reasoned. You should leave bashing until the end and keep it minimal if possible.
Been there done that on the exact topic. Doesn't work either.
There's just no hope.

So ROB and Jiggs can actually win large-scale tournaments on their own without being basically forced to change out?
Really? < to whoever said they thought so.
Jiggs can hardly manage in Melee, let alone this copy-paste of hers. I don't even know what Jiggs has to do about half the cast yet, but of what I do know, it's not favoring her so far...

OmegaObi-wan144

Banned via Warnings
mario definitely has bad MUs lol
I dont know who you think you are but mario is 100% completely solid currently. He has no weaknesses and loses to nobody, not spacies, not swords, not zelda, not sheik, nobody. If you are having trouble topping nationals with him its because you need to get good and learn him better.

OmegaObi-wan144

Banned via Warnings
Is it weird that I think Roy's placement is fine, but disagree with how certain characters are above him? Eg. Kirby
Roy is like falcon and dk in that he has a weak approach game but a strong punish. Roy is lighter, has less effective range, and has less kill power, but has the blessing of a good crouch cancel and launchers off the ground instead of relying on grab.

Edit: you underrate kirby because no one wants to touch that filthy puffball and hes underdeveloped as a result. Give the nasty little dude some time

Last edited:

PsionicSabreur

Smash Journeyman
From the "what do you like and hate about PM" (or some such precise wording) thread:
I like a lot about the game, such as
- more content
-more balanced
- melee skins on the ugly brawl models
- fox and falco are relatively untouched
- strong bad
Only one question remains, is this the work of The_Enlightenment...or an imposter?

Last edited:

OmegaObi-wan144

Banned via Warnings
I made a similar comparison earlier. Papa+Stone, The_Enlightenment, and OmegaObi-wan are unbelievably similar.
In what way am I like the enlightenment? From what I saw when I lurked here he was just a troll and probably didnt believe a word he was saying. Everything he said was obviously satirical and managed to come off more insulting to anybody who actually gave a **** about balance and the state of melee top tiers in project m. If I didnt know better and was prone to jumping to uninformed conclusions like that then I would assume someone like strong bad wouldve made him up, judging from how ridiculous his arguments were and the fact that he dissed strong bad excessively makes me think that it was just an alt to make people believe how immature proponents of keeping characters unnerfed were. Either that or he was trying to get sympathy for himself by saying how bad he was like some kind of sneaky narcissistic weasel. And furthermore, I dont even MAIN mario, I just play him, and its not like that is any excuse for suspicion given how easy he is to pick up. If anything you guys owe me an apology, its not my fault I have an identity and stand up for my views.

OmegaObi-wan144

Banned via Warnings
Was that not making fun of the "git gud" players or...
No that was my honest opinion. Once strong bad stops fooling himself into thinking hes good at the game and stops blaming characters like mario for his short comings, then he could actually acheive some success. This is the truth of the matter, and it always has been. I see the talent when he plays, yet he doesnt utilize it and he cant understand what it is that caused his downfall. This type of arrogance is a huge set back for many players who have dormant abilities such as westballs of the west coast or strong bad of pm.

Last edited:

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Haha holy crap how has this thread exploded with newbies who think this is the place where we devise tweaks and complain?

P:M isn't getting balance patches anytime soon just because players want a thread where they can casually discuss balance and the relative goodness of characters. The idea that the PMBR's character decisions are driven by knee-jerk reactions to player complaints is also a dead giveaway that you aren't that familiar with the history of changes and that lots of characters thought underpowered dont get big buffs. You can choose to focus only on the Ike/Sonic/Ivy conspiracy thing if you want but it doesn't change the fact that those characters were getting changed regardless of whether or not players johned or just tried to adjust.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
PM* though... Or Project M*

Everything else makes kittens cry ;(
Kittens cry? I must see this.

Either way I usually say P:M or Project M, PM sounds like personal message or something. Also colons usually mean that the thing coming after it is describing the thing before it, even though "M" isn't really describing the project it still shows that it's part of the word.

Last edited:

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Looks like you have a communication problem.

I honestly just don't want to bother to think about the fact that the game might change. It's useless to debate whether Fox is too strong in Melee because ultimately, it's not going to change. That's why you hear people complaining about the PM whiners, because in those games that never updated, complaints fall on dead ears. They're a waste of time. If I want to get better results all I can do is improve my own skills. The thought that, in PM, those efforts could be wiped away because the game was updated is a terrible one.
And don't give me "Well you'll have improved your fundamentals", because in that case I might as well just play that other game that doesn't have this problem.

So here's to hoping 3.0's balance is final.
You don't play Ness or Ganon do you. Because I think a lot of people who rock these two characters don't want this balance to be final.

Also, one thing needs to be said to the "wait and see" crowd that keeps arguing how we've "waited for Fox and know he's op but we won't afford the same courtesy to Zelda". There is a HUGE difference between Fox and Zelda that has gone completely understated. And that is the fact that playing against Fox, for most people, is a relatively fun experience. Some will probably argue otherwise (Eli maybe, Strongbad) but more people enjoy playing against Fox than dislike playing against him. Zelda is, by majority, a very "unfun" character to play against. Don't believe me--go to the "Best (and Worst) designed characters"
thread. http://smashboards.com/threads/best-and-worst-designed-characters.345629/page-7

The issue isn't that zelda is unbalanced. Its that she has certain toxic elements to her gameplan and design. She certainly has her weaknesses, but her current design is lacking in some regards. The same philosophy applies to Ness and Pkfire. PK fire isn't broken, and Ness is definitely not broken for having it. But its such a braindead unfun approach that is too good to ignore for any Ness player. Ultimately, this game is a game about balanced competition, but its also a game attempting to maximize fun. I applaud the BR in any efforts they want to make to do that, within reason--regardless of whether balance is at a good place or not.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Context clues. It should never be difficult to tell whether or not someone is talking about the Brawl mod or a private message.

OmegaObi-wan144

Banned via Warnings
Its called project melee because the game was copied off of it. There would by copyright concerns if the devs didnt acknowledge this, hence it is called project melee. Project m is only thrown around when people are too embarrassed to admit this in public

Sashimi

Smash Ace
I have to admit, starting out with legit posts was a pretty good mindgame. The enlightenment is getting stronger!

OmegaObi-wan144

Banned via Warnings
Context clues. It should never be difficult to tell what the official name of the project is when its personal youtube channel goes by a certain title. Project m is simply a slang word.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Context clues. It should never be difficult to tell what the official name of the project is when its personal youtube channel goes by a certain title. Project m is simply a slang word.
Which YouTube channel? Projectmgame?
;)

Edit: My mistake

Last edited:

OmegaObi-wan144

Banned via Warnings
There is no rewriting history no matter how hard the project melee illuminati tries to cover that up. That was changed just earlier once the hivemonsters realized my compelling arguments would get you to see for yourselves.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
:rolleyes: The Project Melee Illuminati eh?
They won't stop at nerfing top tiers into oblivion; it's all a scheme leading to world domination.

Hashtag

Smash Apprentice
I thought Project m could stand for w/en the devs wanted it to stand for. Since they are the ones designing it.

Top Bottom