• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

B.W.

Smash Champion
I don't actually care if people play Brawl. I still personally hate the game though.

It's just a mean joke.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I respect its players, but I'll never understand the hype nor will I ever personally enjoy it myself on a competitive level. Slow and methodical is one thing, but I find SSFIV has way more tangible components to appreciate in its slower style than Brawl. That is the extent of my opinion that I will talk about this though so don't make much of it.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I respect its players, but I'll never understand the hype nor will I ever personally enjoy it myself on a competitive level. Slow and methodical is one thing, but I find SSFIV has way more tangible components to appreciate in its slower style than Brawl. That is the extent of my opinion that I will talk about this though so don't make much of it.
I would agree. Good brawl players are really fun to play with in PM.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I would agree. Good brawl players are really fun to play with in PM.
I've been comparing my Ike play with Ally's a lot today and there's a remarkable difference in how he moves around compared to me. Notably, he does more "pick and choose" maneuvers compared to threatening space through movement (I navigate the stage quickly a lot to poke for opportunities). He's not flashy, but rather effective. I definitely agree that Brawl primaries playing PM are fun to watch for sure.

Don't take that as me being near or on Ally's level because holy ****, I have a ways to go.

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Brawl background leads to some pretty solid P:M play for certain characters, brah. See: Denti. Ignore: CT Zero, I have no idea how he can Fox like that when his Brawl main is Meta Knight.

Also I was ******* out by a friend of mine telling me that I play P:M because I suck at Brawl, so I've started playing again to dunk his ass. I used to have fun with it last summer but dear lord almighty fighting certain characters in Brawl makes me want to weep. I mean it. At least Ike can kill below 120%, but I'm strongly considering learning how to cheese with MK.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Aero makes Toon Link look fantastic. He beat K9, but Axe went Falco (lolwut?) and beat him.
Edit: Zero used to be a Melee player way back in the day. He was a fox main.

Last edited:

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Fox, Link, T.Link, Ivysaur, Mewtwo, Mario, Bowser (probably), Marth, Zelda (Probably), Pit, Olimar and Snake.

She probably does alright against anyone else. But these characters can run away from her easily while shooting/throwing stuff at her or they're actually able to combo her or both. Some just have stupid good disjoints making it hard to get in with Jiggs as well
I know she has a Lucas problem as well. Puff players I've met HATE the MU.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Probably because Puff kicks with her feet and Lucas kicks with Mini-Shines at the end of his.

Nah but it's probably just because Lucas has a good projectile and powerful vertical kill potential alongside good upclose pressure.

Last edited:

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
Has anyone else realized/thinks that Bowser has overpowering strength? A fully charged side-smash can KO some of the smaller characters at 0%, and the heavier characters around 30%.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I show up expecting to hear complaints about my Ivysuar but instead I see Mario complaints. This was.... unexpected.
Everyone knows the real reason you did well is because of the Helix tag. Too powerful.

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
I show up expecting to hear complaints about my Ivysuar but instead I see Mario complaints. This was.... unexpected.
The only thing I could even complain about is the amount of fairs and bairs, but that was smart playing against hbox. You did a great job against him.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
I think everyone is reasonable enough to realize that Ivysaur's tweaks in the latest patch left her in a good place and she is good and viable but not OP. Honestly, M2K shouldn't have gone Fox in doubles if he didn't want to get gimped.

Good stuff, btw, nice to see you using Seed Bomb (I think? Ivy's Down-B) when everyone was saying that it became useless after the nerf. I think I even saw you get a couple vertical kills with it, which was cool. 'grats on the great performance.

[Also LEAVE MARIO ALONE!!1111!!]

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Walking into bowser's f-smash? I know Axe got hit by one that was fairly charged in grand finals this weekend, he also got stage spiked by two bowser bombs being used to edgeguard.

Last edited:

Denti

Smash Master
Yeah, if you go Fox in teams you gotta accept the gimps that go with it. M2K didn't shake my hand after we won. Instead he told me Ivy was broken. I told him he plays Metaknight but I don't think he was listening.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Bowser generally only takes the time to charge F-smash after a shield break. If that happens and you're at a low percent, you have plenty of time to see it coming and Smash DI accordingly.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Yeah, if you go Fox in teams you gotta accept the gimps that go with it. M2K didn't shake my hand after we won. Instead he told me Ivy was broken. I told him he plays Metaknight but I don't think he was listening.
I swear M2K seems to forget that broken **** is how he gets most of his Brawl money.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Is there footage of the ivysaur matches archived somewhere?

also wouldn't mind seeing the Bowser stuff

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Walking into bowser's f-smash? I know Axe got hit by one that was fairly charged in grand finals this weekend.
If you aren't familiar with the range he steps back when charging and how far it reaches when he releases I could see it happening to him as a fluke. Axe only plays P:M a little as it is, and on top of that AZ really has no Bowser mains or secondaries. I'm sure Axe would agree that being hit by it would be his fault and that such a mistake deserves heavy punishment.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Vash finds the best quotes from me

He should get a forum badge for his skills

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
1. CT EMP Mew2King :fox: :mewtwopm:
2. CT Hungrybox :jigglypuff: :olimar:
3. CT TLoc Denti :ivysaur: