• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TIL Debug mode hitboxes can be misleading

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
Edit: this thread was initially to inform about dtilt on sloped edges, but apparently debug mode is misleading. I'll leave the images here for posterity's sake.

Initial post
I hope everyone already knows how great dtilt is for edgeguarding, but I don't see it used much when I watch Zelda videos online.

Dtilt on the flat stage is fantastic because it pops them up for a dsmash and reaches below the ledge.
Dtilt on Yoshi's Story is great because it reaches further down, but the foot isn't protected by the hitbox.
Dtilt on Yoshi's Island is okay (another reason for banning YI) because the hitbox doesn't reach far horizontally while the foot is left unprotected.

Last edited:

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
Haha wow, redundant thread then. But it's good to know that dtilt isn't actually like that on sloped edges then.

WhiteLightnin

Smash Journeyman
Edit: this thread was initially to inform about dtilt on sloped edges, but apparently debug mode is misleading. I'll leave the images here for posterity's sake.

Initial post
I hope everyone already knows how great dtilt is for edgeguarding, but I don't see it used much when I watch Zelda videos online.

Dtilt on the flat stage is fantastic because it pops them up for a dsmash and reaches below the ledge.
Dtilt on Yoshi's Story is great because it reaches further down, but the foot isn't protected by the hitbox.
Dtilt on Yoshi's Island is okay (another reason for banning YI) because the hitbox doesn't reach far horizontally while the foot is left unprotected.

@Magus420 Just thought you'd want to know about this if there is anything that needs adjusting.

Top Bottom