• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tilts on C-stick to Greatly Improve Samus

RenZ87

Smash Rookie
I was talking with some other people and messing with control configs but it seem to me that samus is more viable and able to kill with tilts set to the c-stick. i just want to see some feedback on this or if you guys already realized this.

JettythatSamus

Smash Apprentice
The cstick has to go into the neutral position before it registers an attack. So if you're not careful, you could miss a dilt or utilt off of some accidental ****.

I think that the cstick for tilts is only useful depending on the person, but since you can't cc attacks anymore it is definitely worth trying out.

Trozz

Smash Ace
Sometimes when I want to do a tilt, I accidentally smash or jab. C-stick to tilt could be useful for anyone who has similar screw ups.

Gnes

Smash Master
Down tilt kills...Up tilt kills....that leave the forward tilts(different directions)left....idk how those would work with the c-stick...ud have to be pretty precise...i agree with Trozz u should only do this if ur screwing up doing them the control stick..

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
For the people who accidently use smashes, it's helpful. For people like me who can pull of tilts easily with control stick + A, I need th C-stick for hyphen smashing and such.

Boolossus

Smash Ace
I was actually trying this, and it works pretty well. There are some drawbacks though...

-Ftilt can't ba angled (if you hit the cstick diagonally, then you do neutral A jabs)

-If you hit the Cstick backwards, to do an Ftilt, you don't turn around, and end up jabbing.

-No more Half Step Fsmashes

-Sometimes when I hit the C stick I end up jumping.

D4RK_HUNT3R

Smash Cadet
I have absolutely no idea why people keep saying the c-stick needs to return to the neutral before an attack is registered. My controllers register it the nanosecond I flick the c-stick, meaning it doesn't have to hit the side AND it doesn't have to return to the neutral position.

Something is wrong with everyone's controller >_>

OH, and yeah, I often find myself doing a jump when I use the c-stick for absolutely no reason.

Pi

Smash Hero
I think they mean you can't rotate the C-Stick into a different attack. It has to be neutral after preforming an attack before another attack can be preformed (using the C-stick)

Chozo01

Smash Rookie
I only have a problem doing utilts becuase I use tap jump (gasp), so I only use it for that.

salaboB

Smash Champion
OH, and yeah, I often find myself doing a jump when I use the c-stick for absolutely no reason.
If you hit the c-stick too rapidly with it set to attack, you'll jump. Also if your character is in a position where they are unable to attack (Just completed an air dodge, or ending their run animation) it will also trigger a jump.

It was bad enough for me that I gave up on the idea of c-tilting.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
only problem with setting tilts to the c-stick is that if you try to do a tilt behind you, you just do your neutral A. otherwise, i'd be all for it.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
I was actually trying this, and it works pretty well. There are some drawbacks though...

-Ftilt can't ba angled (if you hit the cstick diagonally, then you do neutral A jabs)

-If you hit the Cstick backwards, to do an Ftilt, you don't turn around, and end up jabbing.

-No more Half Step Fsmashes

-Sometimes when I hit the C stick I end up jumping.
I had tried this for Snake, to try to overcome my tendancy to use smash attacks when they are not wanted (as is the case for Snake much of the time) and I got pretty much the same results you did. Its really kind of glitchy to set the C-Stick to tilts, and I got the jumping thing too and it seriously confused the hell out of me. I just dont understand why they would let you set the C-stick to tilts, and not at the very least letting you turn around for a F-tilt. It seems to me like they didnt really think it over too much.

Top Bottom