• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tilts

Water

Smash Rookie
I need some serious help with my tilts.
I have bad control and usually jam the stick.
Any good ways to practice control?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Just hold the stick in position for a split second before pressing "A". Don't move the stick all the way either, especially not for up tilt as it will cause you to tap jump. If you are having trouble, I suggest going into training mode and just using tilts over and over again.

Professional Idiot

Smash Apprentice
This used to always be a problem for me. If you ever play online, during the waiting stage, you can get some good practice in by trying to keep the sandbag off the ground for as long as you can using only tilts. It forces you to learn how to execute them under pressure.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
This used to always be a problem for me. If you ever play online, during the waiting stage, you can get some good practice in by trying to keep the sandbag off the ground for as long as you can using only tilts. It forces you to learn how to execute them under pressure.
You and I have very different views on "pressure" lol

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
turn tap jump off to use Utilt easy, for Dtilt just hold down until your character is crouching then press "A", and finally for F tilts it's easy if you pivot first from dashing, then hold whatever direction on the analog stick and it should Ftilt/Btilt

hope it helps

adeptx

Smash Rookie
c stick tilts

I would advise against this (c stick tilts), as you will jump if you try to use it during lag animations when you can't attack yet, such as the end of a dash. Very detrimental. Also, I've found that what matters in determining smash/tilt is how fast your stick leaves the neutral position, as I can u-smash by pushing it fast but not all the way up. Sorry I can't help more, I have problems with this too.

Fearmy

Smash Ace
well lets see, d-tilt is the easiest to perform, just wait a bit, for f-tilt, just walk a tiny bit, and press A if you have trouble, then gradually begin by stop walking. for Up-tilt you don't need to even smash it that high, just move the control stick a little up, and press a.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Just try and learn the motions in actual games. Like others said, learning under pressure makes for better practice, and you will learn it instinctivly insteat of only in training.

Foxy_Marth

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1951-3128
VERY SIMPLE analagy.

If you run and press attack youll do a dash attack. If you press the control stick and attack as if your going to run, you will do a smash attack.

If you walk and attack youll do a Ftilt. If you press attack and stick at the same time as if your going to walk, to do a tilt.

Thats how I learned, worked for me :p. And Utilt and Dtilt are too easy to explain... Unless you tap jump.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
use the c-stick as tilts. It's great, but it's kinda hard to get used to. It can be paired with tap jump on(if you can't go without it) and you can instantly ff a nair. You can also pivot cancel into a tilt, which is much easier with c-stick. It takes less skill to use it this way, but it gives you much more control over your tilts. Sometimes it'll make you jump though if you input a tilt before a move finishes. It's not that great sometimes, but it can make you rather unpredictable at times.

Top Bottom