• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Hong

The Strongest

Pink Robin actually looks quite awesome (or maybe I am biased since my Robin is pink haired). Also, online match.
Oh wow. This is my first time seeing Robin in motion, outside of promotional material.

She's... she's so beautiful. That gameplay looks like so much fun. What more could I ask for in a character!? :054:

Shog

Smash Ace
I like the alt colors a lot, however...I never wasted my time playing Fire Emblem anyways, so maybe ingame alts are "better". Eh. Still got shivers thinking about the GBA Ambadassor FE game...yuck

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Oh wow. This is my first time seeing Robin in motion, outside of promotional material.

She's... she's so beautiful. That gameplay looks like so much fun. What more could I ask for in a character!? :054:
Better alts? :4dedede:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I've been watching some streams non stop and Robin is actually pretty good. She isn't hopeless at all while the books respawn, and they don't even take long to do so. The bronze sword lacks power, but makes for it with pretty fast moves and combos. And the Levin sword looks really satisfying to pull out.

Last edited:

B!squick

Smash Master
Does DownB, the life steal one, work on people with respawn invincibility? This could be big in doubles. Even without being able to heal for free, healing at all will probably make her/him sick in doubles.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Greetings, Robineers! I am your new overlord for this thread. I'm a long-time Brawl player, BBR member, did a lot of work on researching Marth and stage mechanics. I've turned my attention to Robin.

I will be overhauling the OP sometime in the next 24-48 hours as I progress my research on Robin's moveset. I have a lot done already in terms of damage/kill potential information.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I'm sure you'll treat my love child well, Raziek!

Looking forward to the overhaul though since I'm still interested in Robin as a character :)

Hong

The Strongest
Canadian and Mexican Tacticians are seizing control over the Robin forum.

No amount of FREEDOM can save our hapless American cohorts from a tactical assault from both sides!

Soon, you will become one with Mexicanada. :107:

Hong

The Strongest
I'd figure your best bet would be to combine the gifs with the data. It can happen here or in your other topic. Doesn't really matter.

Unicorn

The Most Majestic
NNID
SenseiCrumb
I also think fresh thread would be preferable. Then we can forget about all of those silly things we said leading up to release.
All hail Raziek, lord of the Robins!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
There's just a general personal distaste involved with combining pre-game thoughts/speculations/wish lists to (not trying to sound harsh) reality.
Obviously the first post was covering as many facts as could be mustered, but the rest of the topic is mostly fluff and can be confusing / overwhelming to the people interested in solid information.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Too bad, you're just going to get lumped with NORTH AMERICA, shortened to America, hence forever relegated as a puppet state of the Great Imperialist Manifest Destiny.
Just like the rest of us are lumped in with "some place where things are upside down or are German".
(For once, there is no exaggeration in this post whatsoever, I am not kidding, I feel bad for all the European smashers I've ever been around with in the US, at least people know what Australia is).

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
So be it.

Raziek's new thread has been stickied. Those one will be closed. Go here instead!

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So I got to play the full Japanese version of Smash 3DS today.

Here's my brief thoughts on Robin;

Robin is really cool. Bronze sword has decent range to it and the Levin sword is just plain ridiculous in terms of range and knock-back. Arc Fire was really good, and it was fast, and is the easiest tome to break. Elwind is also fast and is rather hard to punish. All the levels of Thunder are good. His regular attacks are also pretty quick. Though Robin's actual movement is on the slow side. Really fun character and I see good things coming from Robin.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
The only way they could convince me to use anything other than default is if they had alternative hair styles.

As such, I'll be running vanilla Robin♀ if I can help it. Nice mix of colours.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I just don't like using default colors for some reason. Even if the are cool looking. The only exception to this would be Villager and that is only because all of his other alts are hideous....

Hong

The Strongest
Yeash. All these sad blurry photographs of trophies of former veterans and highly-coveted potential newcomers.

In some awful alternate universe, that could have been Robin. :104:

I'll admit, there is some remorse to be had with Mewtwo and Wolf. They were just so cool and unique. I wonder what grand design the director has that would prioritize other characters... like R.O.B. or Jigglypuff, over them.

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
Yeash. All these sad blurry photographs of trophies of former veterans and highly-coveted potential newcomers.

In some awful alternate universe, that could have been Robin. :104:

I'll admit, there is some remorse to be had with Mewtwo and Wolf. They were just so cool and unique. I wonder what grand design the director has that would prioritize other characters... like R.O.B. or Jigglypuff, over them.
I wonder as well. Though I adore R.O.B. and enjoy seeing him in the new game, it is Wolf that I would have preferred to have seen back. But who knows. Maybe they'll pull a Dr. Mario, and we'll see Wolf again one day. :wolf:

C.J.

Smash Master
Hi Robin boards!
Any of you that played Brawl Marth (or Brawl at a high level in general) know who I am, so nice seeing you all again!
For any of you that don't know me, I'm a huge theorycrafter, but I approach it differently than most theorycrafters who have given it a bad name. I focus entirely on practical application relative to a given skill level/reaction time instead of "theoretical possibilities."

I've been, tentatively, asked to be part of the beginning of the smash 4 backroom, largely as a representative for Marth, Lucina, and Robin.

While I'm good at character specific advice, I like giving general advice to improve general play (opposed to helping within a narrower spectrum) in order to help people cross barriers into the next level of play! So feel free to ask me anything (Just tag or message me please~)!

I look forward to learning this character with you all and helping however I can!

@ Raziek Raziek will confirm that I'm awesome <33

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Canadian and Mexican Tacticians are seizing control over the Robin forum.

No amount of FREEDOM can save our hapless American cohorts from a tactical assault from both sides!

Soon, you will become one with Mexicanada. :107:
racist

Who says we can't coexist peacefully with different insights? :4dedede:

jigglover

Smash Lord
I still can't find anything to explain this to me, and I don't quite understand it. Can I just leave some question about Robin here? I'll be very grateful to whoever answers them! ^_^
  • How many tomes can Robin use before he runs out?
  • Is the number for all of his tomes (like he can use 20 tomes before he can't use any more) or an individual number for each tome (like he can use each tome 5 times and he can't use them any more after that)?
  • Does Robin get his book back some time during the fight? If so, how long does it take for him to respawn it?
  • Exactly how much do Robin's moves change between when he has tomes and when he doesn't and has that thundery sword thing? Does this actually change Robin's playstyle significantly? If so, what is his playstyle with tomes and what is his playstyle without them?
  • Is Robin significantly worse with just his sword?
Once again, I'll be very grateful to whoever can answer all of these questions! :)

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I will stick with default Robin (aka black robes/white hair fRobin :p) and pinky fRobin once in a while.
this would be Villager and that is only because all of his other alts are hideous....
Madness. Pink Villager is the best Villager.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I find it rather funny both Chrom and Dunban say "On my mark!" for Robin and Shulk's respective final smashes. Although I like Robin's more since Shulk needs two of his friends to beat up opponents while Robin only needs Chrom. :)
Chrom and Dunban confirmed for canon buddies.

I guess Dunban borrowed that from Chrom during discussing stuff with him.

The Final Smash looks beyond glorious though. That last hit is just satisfying to see.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Elfire.

Elfire for Nino the broken mage cutie from FE7.

Aside from that I dunno much. Maybe Vaflame for Arcfire. Rest is fair game.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I'm glad Robin is in, definitely makes me a helluva more hyped to get the game, but I'm a bit sad that none of the other things I wanted from the game were fulfilled, and I'm definitely not fond of the Melee styled clones in the slightest. Ah well, can't wait to try out his tome oriented playstyle on the WiiU version. Also @ Hong Hong

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I still can't find anything to explain this to me, and I don't quite understand it. Can I just leave some question about Robin here? I'll be very grateful to whoever answers them! ^_^
  • How many tomes can Robin use before he runs out?
  • Is the number for all of his tomes (like he can use 20 tomes before he can't use any more) or an individual number for each tome (like he can use each tome 5 times and he can't use them any more after that)?
  • Does Robin get his book back some time during the fight? If so, how long does it take for him to respawn it?
  • Exactly how much do Robin's moves change between when he has tomes and when he doesn't and has that thundery sword thing? Does this actually change Robin's playstyle significantly? If so, what is his playstyle with tomes and what is his playstyle without them?
  • Is Robin significantly worse with just his sword?
Once again, I'll be very grateful to whoever can answer all of these questions! :)
If you head on over to Raziek's Robin Research Room and & Repository and read the first post, it should answer most of your questions. :3
From the looks of it, the tomes and Levin Sword don't take too long to regenerate (aside from Nosferatu), so it seems you will be pretty fine as long as you don't go too all-out. :4robinm:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
What i find funny is that Robin ends his/her Final Smash with Bolganone apparently, at least thats what i hear him/her shouting at the very end.

Top Bottom