• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
I'm assuming it involves the currently-useless "connect to Wii U" button on the 3DS main menu.
I was also wondering, if I download Mewtwo onto the 3ds version but not the wii u, can I transfer him from the 3ds to the wii u to unlock him?

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Serebii.net mentioned something about registering both versions of the game to Club Nintendo to get him. Why can't you just connect the systems? That seems like it'd be more simple.

Hong

The Strongest
Well, at the very least I can say I am very much looking forward to Onett Ω. What will it be? The rooftop of the Arcade? The library?

If it's the hospital, will NoA censor out the cross? :4dedede:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I was also wondering, if I download Mewtwo onto the 3ds version but not the wii u, can I transfer him from the 3ds to the wii u to unlock him?
Possibly. The most likely way they'll implement this is to require you to register both games to your Club Nintendo account, or maybe to connect the games via the "connect to Wii U/3DS" option (I'm leaning towards the Club Nintendo account), and then that will allow you to download him on one or the other, or both, from the eShop/the in-game DLC store, if there will be such a thing.

edit: :4greninja:'d badly. typing on a tablet is a slow and involved process.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Well, at the very least I can say I am very much looking forward to Onett Ω. What will it be? The rooftop of the Arcade? The library?

If it's the hospital, will NoA censor out the cross? :4dedede:
Maybe it'll be Snowman and the church will be cleverly disguised.;)

The arcade would be fun as well. Or the Happy Happyists' village.

Honestly, Magicant was my biggest wish for any Mother-related stage. I was floored that it finally happened, let alone how much of a love letter to Mother it is.

Hong

The Strongest
Honestly, Magicant was my biggest wish for any Mother-related stage. I was floored that it finally happened, let alone how much of a love letter to Mother it is.
I know the feeling. I've always wanted Magicant as a stage, more than I could ever want a lot of characters. Not only did we get the M1 version, but they want above and beyond my expectations with all the Mother series references.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Actually, on the question of nintendo club, how do you get music CD. All I'm getting at is that you need to make a nintendo club account and then register that games some how, how do you do it? I really confused.

Shaymikyu

Forgot my biggest wish for a Pokémon song (mainly because I blanked out on routes):
I know the feeling. I've always wanted Magicant as a stage, more than I could ever want a lot of characters. Not only did we get the M1 version, but they want above and beyond my expectations with all the Mother series references.
The M1 version was the one I really wanted, too, though I like the little nods to EB like Dungeon Man at the bottom.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Anybody else find it hilarious that Chrom is once again relegated to a background role for Pit's conversation on Palutena's temple? Poor guy always playing second fiddle.

Hong

The Strongest
Actually, on the question of nintendo club, how do you get music CD. All I'm getting at is that you need to make a nintendo club account and then register that games some how, how do you do it? I really confused.
When you buy a physical Nintendo product, you'll get a product key. Typically it's a little pamphlet on the inside, along with the instruction manual. Enter the number it tells you to enter on Club Nintendo.

Alternatively, give your numbers to me! :067:

If you register your hardware on Club Nintendo, any Nintendo games you buy digitally are automatically registered.

Shaymikyu

Will there be a time limit on when you can get the CDs? I won't be getting the Wii U version until (hopefully) Christmas, but I really need the CDs because I adore video game music, especially SSB music.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
When you buy a physical Nintendo product, you'll get a product key. Typically it's a little pamphlet on the inside, along with the instruction manual. Enter the number it tells you to enter on Club Nintendo.

If you register your hardware on Club Nintendo, any Nintendo games you buy are automatically registered.
2 things

1) I don't have and Club Nintendo account........ yet.

2) I'm still confused, it says to create an account, you should use the registration key/pin you get in the games you purchase. Will that still mean the game is registered to my account

!!!!!!!!

THORON

Shaymikyu

Snake reference...
:snake: for DLC, one can only dream.
Unlikely as it is, I'd be overjoyed if Snake returned. He just was so unique next to the other fighters... Not necessarily in fighting moves, but in, well, everything else.

Hong

The Strongest
Will there be a time limit on when you can get the CDs? I won't be getting the Wii U version until (hopefully) Christmas, but I really need the CDs because I adore video game music, especially SSB music.
You must register before January 15.
2 things

1) I don't have and Club Nintendo account........ yet.

2) I'm still confused, it says to create an account, you should use the registration key/pin you get in the games you purchase. Will that still mean the game is registered to my account
You can make your account now and register it after.
!!!!!!!

THORON
Hey! You can't hurt me! I'm Canadian!

Shaymikyu

You must register before January 15.
You can make your account now and register it after.Hey! You can't hurt me! I'm Canadian!

Got it. Guess I'll register my Smash 3DS now and register the Wii U one when I get it.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I love how out of all the stages that people don't want to be shared between versions, the one people would LOVE to see in both it's most likely a 3ds exclusive.
I'm gonna miss seeing Magicant in HD, especially because The Flying Man is the closest thing to Hawlucha in this game.
Also i still suck with Robin, yet i feel right at home using Ness, i guess it's true what they say, your main chooses you. :4ness:
Unless it's the Falcon, then you are automatically great :4falcon::4falcon::4falco::4falcon:

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I love how out of all the stages that people don't want to be shared between versions, the one people would LOVE to see in both it's most likely a 3ds exclusive.
I'm gonna miss seeing Magicant in HD, especially because The Flying Man is the closest thing to Hawlucha in this game.
Also i still suck with Robin, yet i feel right at home using Ness, i guess it's true what they say, your main chooses you. :4ness:
Unless it's the Falcon, then you are automatically great :4falcon::4falcon::4falco::4falcon:
That's how awesome Magicant is.

For me, it's sort of a combination. If I like a character, I seem to do better with them. Sometimes it's not the case, though- I'm neutral towards ZSS, never having played Metroid, but she's my second favorite character to use.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised how quickly I picked up Robin- I was worried she'd be another :pt: or :lucario: where I absolutely adore the character but can't play them to save my life.

Hong

The Strongest
I feel almost embarrassed over the fact I seem to be a natural with Mii Swordfighter.

Something about using a Mii just doesn't sit right with me. I don't mind them as fighters, but the Miis themselves never appealed to me and I only made one because you are basically forced to.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I'm feeling some serious salt right now. I have been neglecting on finishing FE Path of Radiance (leaft off from chapter 20 I think?. It was the battle of taking over the Dein castle) I finally decide to play it tonight after reminding myself and now I don't have my memory card. More specifically my memory card with the data for it is located in my other Wii, which I'm letting my friend borrow. (I have two Wiis, my original Wii's disc reader broke so I turned it into an emulator, the other one I use for all my actual games.)

I'd almost say that the universe is telling me not to finish this game, because I misplaced my gamecube controller at a Gamestop when they had a Smash tournament during the midnight release for Smash 4. The funny thing is, I never noticed it until I went back to that Gamestop about 3 days ago and they returned my controller. I was playing so much Smash 4 that I never noticed my Gamecube controller was missing. I guess I'll just start playing through Sacred Stones and giving it a try until I can get my memory card back.

Shaymikyu

I feel almost embarrassed over the fact I seem to be a natural with Mii Swordfighter.

Something about using a Mii just doesn't sit right with me. I don't mind them as fighters, but the Miis themselves never appealed to me and I only made one because you are basically forced to.
Mii Brawler would be in my circle of mains if it weren't for her awful recovery.

I have mixed feelings on them. I like the idea of dressing them up, but did we really need three separate ones? At least just let us combine the three and mix and match options and only need one Mii trophy. They even share their victory screen at the end of Classic and All Star. Plus, I still would have rather seen that time go into making other playable characters (Mewtwo from the start?), but now with DLC as a real possibility and confirmed for at least one character, I'm not so salty over that.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Oh and while we're at it, i think Eliwood will be a DLC character after Mewtwo, gotta teach his son how to stay in form in Smash! :4roy:

Hong

The Strongest
I'm feeling some serious salt right now. I have been neglecting on finishing FE Path of Radiance (leaft off from chapter 20 I think?. It was the battle of taking over the Dein castle) I finally decide to play it tonight after reminding myself and now I don't have my memory card. More specifically my memory card with the data for it is located in my other Wii, which I'm letting my friend borrow. (I have two Wiis, my original Wii's disc reader broke so I turned it into an emulator, the other one I use for all my actual games.)

I'd almost say that the universe is telling me not to finish this game, because I misplaced my gamecube controller at a Gamestop when they had a Smash tournament during the midnight release for Smash 4. The funny thing is, I never noticed it until I went back to that Gamestop about 3 days ago and they returned my controller. I was playing so much Smash 4 that I never noticed my Gamecube controller was missing. I guess I'll just start playing through Sacred Stones and giving it a try until I can get my memory card back.
That's a funny way of saying "I'm going to go and get my memory card back right now and finish the best Fire Emblem game of all time". :4dedede:
Mii Brawler would be in my circle of mains if it weren't for her awful recovery.

I have mixed feelings on them. I like the idea of dressing them up, but did we really need three separate ones? At least just let us combine the three and mix and match options and only need one Mii trophy. They even share their victory screen at the end of Classic and All Star. Plus, I still would have rather seen that time go into making other playable characters (Mewtwo from the start?), but now with DLC as a real possibility and confirmed for at least one character, I'm not so salty over that.
Ha ha, it works to your favour as long as you don't take them too seriously.

People told me to play Robin more, so I intentionally made a horribly construed Robin Mii, and appended her to every Mii type. Also equipped her with autoheal and super speed and spent the match running away from people whenever I took any damage.

Now that's strategy! :4robinf:

Everyone remember the part in Awakening when Robin camped on the side of Battlefield with grenades? :4robinf:
Oh and while we're at it, i think Eliwood will be a DLC character after Mewtwo, gotta teach his son how to stay in form in Smash! :4roy:
I would cry tears of joy. It's so bad that it's good.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

A series of Runaway Five trucks tailgated to one another driving through Onett.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Everyone remember the part in Awakening when Robin camped on the side of Battlefield with grenades? :4robinf:
Yes, i was playing as Falcon, she completely and utterly rekt'd me, leaving me depressed and crying below my bed.

But in all seriousness fighting against good Robins in For Glory is hard, but satisfying, that Arcfire tho :4robinf:

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

A series of Runaway Five trucks tailgated to one another driving through Onett.
Alternatively- a blank screen with Flying Men attacking everyone. And winner of the match turns out to be a Flying Man.

I love the concept behind the Flying Men, but, despite my high praises for Magicant, they get REALLY annoying at times since they can make or break a match.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
So close, yet so far from being a perfectly legal stage.

Will MOTHER ever get its chance to shine in the competitive spotlight? :<

Hong

The Strongest
So close, yet so far from being a perfectly legal stage.

Will MOTHER ever get its chance to shine in the competitive spotlight? :<
I don't understand what's so hard about allowing the option to turn off stage hazards. I know Japan has an FD-only ruleset, but it's just a small amount of effort for the rest of the world. I would have enjoyed trying Wily's Castle, for instance.

Shaymikyu

Wait, competitive players don't allow omega forms? That's odd. I'm a casual Smasher, though, so I'm not likely to understand everything.

EDIT: Oh, you mean the option to keep the stage as-is minus hazards. I agree- that would be a nice option. It'd make me dread Wily's Castle a lot less.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Speaking of legal stages, do you guys think Prism Tower and Arena Ferox will be allowed?
I went to a local tournament and Prism tower was allowed as a counter pick, and it seemed to work pretty well.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Prism Tower's fine. Arena Ferox is barely passable, there's a load of techable areas and circle camping is possible. It could definitely work as a Doubles stage though.

I think Paper Mario is a solid counterpick too, but maybe I just want to hear the Rogueport theme. Mute City also has promise.

Hong

The Strongest
Arena Ferox is barely passable, there's a load of techable areas and circle camping is possible. It could definitely work as a Doubles stage though.
I heard people get a lot of lag on Arena Ferox in multiplayer during transformations, though. Not sure if that was addressed.

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
Registering both Smash games to allow the Mewtwo download from E-shop is so you can't just lend your game to someone to unlock Mewtwo for them.

Top Bottom