• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I can't think of an indie game that should get anything before Cave Story does.
Maybe, Shovel Knight, but yes, I agree, Cave Story should be the first indie represented in Smash. In whatever way they can.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
to be fair, all the bit trip games were released on WiiWare and Runner 2 got a WiiU release (I think?), so they have somewhat of a history with Nintendo (albeit not a very long one)

Hong

The Strongest
I don't know. Cave Story just feels like a game that you missed as a kid, even though it's nary a decade old.

Bit.Trip series is respectable, but eh. I'd about forgotten about it. Certainly not to say this is any competition of who deserves what. I think Shovel Knight, and dare I say Shantae, are fair game as well.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Oh yes, another game on my "games I seriously need to get to already" list.

Is Cave Story on the eShop for the 3DS at all?

Hong

The Strongest
Oh yes, another game on my "games I seriously need to get to already" list.

Is Cave Story on the eShop for the 3DS at all?
Yes. Play it on any platform that it's available. I am pretty sure I own it in like five different platforms, so I know there are multiple ways of getting it... A few which are legitimately free.

If you get a port of the game, I also recommend playing it with classic graphics and audio if you have the option. If the option isn't there, then that version only has the classic setup, which is all you'll need.

Shaymikyu

Oh, it's actually super cheap. I can get it when I have the money and one of those other two I named and maybe have enough left over for some more DLC for Awakening.

I have just under that amount right now, though. Barely enough to get a single Awakening DLC (waiting on that so I can get the ones I still need in the packs).

Hong

The Strongest
Alternatively, If you want, you can get it for free here. The fan translation and distribution was fully with Daisuke Amaya's consent, so it's not stealing or anything. That said, if you do like it, I still suggest buying it sometime down the road.

Shaymikyu

Alternatively, If you want, you can get it for free here. The fan translation and distribution was fully with Daisuke Amaya's consent, so it's not stealing or anything. That said, if you do like it, I still suggest buying it sometime down the road.
Oh, I didn't know that. I'll get this version first, and if I like it (from what I've heard, it's almost guaranteed to be a yes), I'll get the eShop version.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh, I didn't know that. I'll get this version first, and if I like it (from what I've heard, it's almost guaranteed to be a yes), I'll get the eShop version.
I enjoy the upgrades Nicalis managed to bring to the eShop version of this masterpiece.

Shaymikyu

It doesn't work on my computer. Do you need a specific program? I have a Mac, so I don't know if that's the issue.

EDIT: Got it! Yay!

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Did you scroll down a bit? There are Mac ports. See if those work.
I found them. I'm playing it right now. I'm enjoying it so far, which is saying something as someone who normally isn't a huge platformer person.

Shaymikyu

I got to the Egg Corridor and stopped there for now so I can head to bed. I'm loving it so far though. It's easy to pick up, but still not too easy to play, and I like how it gives you so little information in the beginning in terms of the story and you learn as you go. It just makes you want to play more to see where it's going.

And I'd definitely love to see content for it in SSB one day, even if it's just trophies (though an AT, stage, or even playable character would be awesome!).

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
If Shovel Knight wasn't still quite young I would've claimed that one. But as it stands I'd probably say Cave Story, too. Or Shantae.
[Wrote this before reading the replies on this page, which pretty much said the same :D]

The story-telling and flow in Xenoblade Chronicles in particular is exceptional.
Yes, that 10-20 hour roadblock with like 5 minutes of story in it towards the end really was a great testament to it's pacing.

Though the game DID have quite a great balance between gameplay sections and the story progressing up to that point.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So wonderin' why no Shantae-trophy from WayForward on top of Commander Video? I forgot completely about the latter guy, as much as its games looked interesting once.

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
I wanna see Layton and Phoenix Wright somehow represented. They're BASICALLY Nintendo franchises, aside from Marvel vs Capcom.

...And then there's Okami.

D

Deleted member

Also SCREW ANCIENT DAEDALA. GOD.
Just out of curiosity, did you fight Avalanche Abaasy?
You're a poor soul if you did...

I wanna see Layton and Phoenix Wright somehow represented. They're BASICALLY Nintendo franchises, aside from Marvel vs Capcom.

I am a BIG fan of Okami! I wouldn't mind it if Amaterasu got a trophy in the game... but I don't expect it since Okami is an extremely small franchise. I'm still holding onto the hopes of another sequel on the Wii U...

I hope that Bomberman and Simon Belmont will get trophies in Smash 4. It's not like they will be playable any time soon...

I need to play Cave Story... but I will at another point in time.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Maybe a Professor Layton VS. Ace Attorney Trophy?

I got to the Egg Corridor and stopped there for now so I can head to bed. I'm loving it so far though. It's easy to pick up, but still not too easy to play, and I like how it gives you so little information in the beginning in terms of the story and you learn as you go. It just makes you want to play more to see where it's going.

And I'd definitely love to see content for it in SSB one day, even if it's just trophies (though an AT, stage, or even playable character would be awesome!).
Cave Story? Great game. I'm playing it myself.

Hong

The Strongest
Yes, that 10-20 hour roadblock with like 5 minutes of story in it towards the end really was a great testament to it's pacing.

Though the game DID have quite a great balance between gameplay sections and the story progressing up to that point.
Yeah. The end-game experience had me rolling my eyes a bit.

For instance, I left a lot of end-game quests aside thinking I could beat the game and come back to them. Didn't expect to be hurled back to the beginning. :054:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Just out of curiosity, did you fight Avalanche Abaasy?
You're a poor soul if you did...

Not yet, I thinking of doing that same trick with Final Marcus and hide Dunban behind the Crystal while Riki whacks at it with DoT attacks and Sharla heals everyone or raises tension, while using Binding Blossom in case Abaasy focuses on either one of the two.

.....Abaasy can hit Dunban through the Crystal, can it?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Cleared Classic on 7.5 with Robin including Master Core.

Hopefully I can do 9.0 without customs at some point.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So let me recap:

- Isabelle is an Assist -> Becomes Mario Kart DLC

- Ghirahim and Midna are Assists -> Planned to Hyrule Warriors

- Takamaru is an Assist -> Nazo No Murasame Jo finally released outside of Japan

and now we get Majora's Mask 3D after Skull Kid was shown.

I think Assists are blessed for not being playable characters (and tha's before getting to Mac)

Cleared Classic on 7.5 with Robin including Master Core.

Hopefully I can do 9.0 without customs at some point.
I did 8.9 few times and managed to do it after 7 times, I think. Oddly enough, customs are forced on if you have used them during Master Core-battle.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Clearly Isaac is not an Assist Trophy because Nintendo buried the series into the family plot out back.

The sun sets on this venture.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think Assists are blessed for not being playable characters (and tha's before getting to Mac)
When you put it like that, makes me think Captain Falcon should have been an AT.
...Actually, having Captain Falcon in Smash is better than a new F-Zero game, so...

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I can see no reason why Nintendo would remove all Golden Sun references/assist trophy when the likes of Captain Rainbow got referenced.

Hong

The Strongest
Speaking of which, it is upsetting, but not surprising that we did not get a new Fire Emblem Assist Trophy.

Why does Fire Emblem have to be some kind of fetish? Like seriously. The other day I was viewing some dream list of music for Super Smash Bros, and nothing from Fire Emblem was on there. But of course they'll have a bazillion Super Mario and Legend of Zelda tracks... Even some third party stuff.

I know, I know, it's no Final Fantasy when it comes to the audio department, but there is plenty of great music to be heard. "Don't Speak Her Name!", for example, was trending well beyond Awakening itself for a little while out there, so it was certainly resonating with people even unfamiliar with the series.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
With the Wii U version, I think we'll see more FE stuff. I'm gunning for Don't Speak Her Name too.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I can see no reason why Nintendo would remove all Golden Sun references/assist trophy when the likes of Captain Rainbow got referenced.
>cryptic foreshadowing We can't claim to known their mindset.

Speaking of which, it is upsetting, but not surprising that we did not get a new Fire Emblem Assist Trophy.
I pondered this for a while, and thought: "Hey, Awakening has great AT material."

Lon'qu or could have easily replaced Gray Fox(RIP), Morgan could come in and cast spells, Anna could throw out coin drops, Gerome could attack from Minerva...it's a nice selection.

Knowing all of you however you're going to suggest a character from Judgral or Tellius or something

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
so I like to use the "New Posts" function as a means to see what threads have recently activity

is it me or are the other character social threads just not as active as say, this one

this thread is amazing btw

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
so I like to use the "New Posts" function as a means to see what threads have recently activity

is it me or are the other character social threads just not as active as say, this one

Tacticians form experiences 50% faster than other units while paired.:4robinf:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Our bonds are strong here. :4lucina:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Yeah, it's pretty nice here...

The Lucina thread is totally better though

Top Bottom