• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Unfortunately, all this activity in the social comes at the expense of lack of activity in metagame discussion compared to other boards. :p

Hong

The Strongest
Unfortunately, all this activity in the social comes at the expense of lack of activity in metagame discussion compared to other boards. :p
A lot of people here feeling it too much and still living in speculation land somehow.:4shulk:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Give it time but at least it isn't the Lucina boards at times for when it comes to character game play discussion :(

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
Robin is a character with little to talk about.

Unless you start a discussion about non-gameplay-related things. As we have been.

Hong

The Strongest
Robin is a character with little to talk about.
Surely you jest.

Robin has more variation and new mechanics within a single active moveset than any newcomer, and consequentially more than many of the veterans. There is plenty to discuss as far as Robin goes, and I am able to talk about Robin all the time. Unfortunately, no offence to anyone, but the speculation scene is heavy on a lot of the character forums, and people more serious about development of the game as a whole are often drowned out. All the time I see people who are just not on the same page or not focusing on competitve ideas when they try to discuss something. A lot of the competitive players barely post here.

I hope things can improve after the Wii U version ships, though it may take longer than that until things shake up around here.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I hope things can improve after the Wii U version ships, though it may take longer than that until things shake up around here.
Of course they'll improve.

8 player Smash :troll:

ARCFIRETHORONTHUNDERELTHUNDERARCFIRENOSFERATUHAAAHHYEAHHAAAHARCIFRETHUNDERTHORONARCFIRETHORONTHUNDERELTHUNDERARCFIRENOSFERATUHAAAHHYEAHHAAAHARCIFRETHUNDERTHORONARCFIRETHORONTHUNDERELTHUNDERARCFIRENOSFERATUHAAAHHYEAHHAAAHARCIFRETHUNDERTHORONARCFIRETHORONTHUNDERELTHUNDERARCFIRENOSFERATUHAAAHHYEAHHAAAHARCIFRETHUNDERTHORON

:seuss:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Surely you jest.

Robin has more variation and new mechanics within a single active moveset than any newcomer, and consequentially more than many of the veterans. There is plenty to discuss as far as Robin goes, and I am able to talk about Robin all the time. Unfortunately, no offence to anyone, but the speculation scene is heavy on a lot of the character forums, and people more serious about development of the game as a whole are often drowned out. All the time I see people who are just not on the same page or focusing on the same ideas when they try to discuss something. A lot of the competitive players barely post here.

So, basically

:4lucina:: Whoa, you have so many tomes

:4robinm:: I can only use them so many times,

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I always assumed the metagame was what the rest of the board was for and the social was just to goof around... Oh well. I'm sure things will pick up after the Wii U version hits.

Hong

The Strongest
I always assumed the metagame was what the rest of the board was for and the social was just to goof around... Oh well. I'm sure things will pick up after the Wii U version hits.
You would be exactly right. Goofing around is much encouraged.

The rest of the Robin forum has lost steam, though. Even some of the less frequented characters have been developing faster, at least as far as public discussion goes.

Hong

The Strongest
SEE. THE ROSALINA MATCHUP CAN BE DONE.

<3 Nairo.
Of course it can.

People just like barely 10% of the game right now. You don't know what you're talking about. I don't know what I'm talking about. No one knows what they are talking about. We won't get a vaguely clear image of how this game plays until we all have Gamecube controllers in our hands, a few thousand grand on the line, and pride cast forth before an endless sea of eyes. Then we will see Smash 4.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930

I think as fellow robin players we can all appreciate out favorite tactician's quotes.
I was going to make a comic involving the "Chrom wants you" from FEA, but I was too lazy. XD

Nairo

Banned via Administration
Rosalina for robin is a mess now and I wouldnt be surprised if it still is later in the meta game. Thanks tho! Robin vs Zelda is interesting I do well vs robin with my zelda probably due to me knowing robin but who knows!

Hong

The Strongest
I think as fellow robin players we can all appreciate out favorite tactician's quotes.
I was going to make a comic involving the "Chrom wants you" from FEA, but I was too lazy. XD
Wait, you made that? That's pretty good! Really cute and made me smile. :D

Shaymikyu

This is so cute! Female Robin especially is hilarious here.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

You know, Robin would make the perfect Five Nights At Freddy's player.

"A good tactician has nothing to fear." :4robinf:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
How do you all approach with Robin? I played a Meta Knight today who shut me down in that area.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman

I really love the first panel, though I question the second one, :4robinf: just being a bit to cruel for my like, and :4robinm: too.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
How do you all approach with Robin? I played a Meta Knight today who shut me down in that area.
Arcfire covers the ground in front, while anyone who jumps over it risks getting smacked by a Levin Sword, leaving them guessing. They become N05-4-A2 bait if they stand on the ground, unlikely as it is that you'll hit them with it.

Shaymikyu

Arcfire covers the ground in front, while anyone who jumps over it risks getting smacked by a Levin Sword, leaving them guessing. They become N05-4-A2 bait if they stand on the ground, unlikely as it is that you'll hit them with it.
This for me as well. Cheap or not, I'm a guilty Arcfire spammer.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

Your artstyle is distinctive and cute. I loved it, especially :4robinm:'s face in the first panel.

...Though I have to ask, who is that person next to :4robinf: in the last panel?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Your artstyle is distinctive and cute. I loved it, especially :4robinm:'s face in the first panel.

...Though I have to ask, who is that person next to :4robinf: in the last panel?
Slenderman.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
You just think you can slip a Buzz Lightyear reference all willy-nilly, eh?

I always use Arcfire for the ground... but the MK player just waited every one out. :/

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
I'm yet to play against any human players, but my stratigy against most characters is either palyer even patience defence or very agressive rush down, though personal I think the former is much more safe and gets the job done better. The Key to Victory lies within Is to always keep them guess and on their toes in my opinion

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
Wait, you made that? That's pretty good! Really cute and made me smile. :D
Yeah! Thanks! :p I have a lot of comics but I only post them to the ssb4 funny pictures thread since not all of them star Robin (though most of the time Robin is in them since he/she's my main).

You know, Robin would make the perfect Five Nights At Freddy's player.

"A good tactician has nothing to fear." :4robinf:
So true. Female Robin is fearless.

I really love the first panel, though I question the second one, :4robinf: just being a bit to cruel for my like, and :4robinm: too.
Me and my friends like to think of female Robin as the more hyperactive of the two, so my portrayal of them might be different from canon. You can't forget that when f Robin beats lucina, she says "how can you protect Chrom if you can't protect yourself?"
She must have taken some sass lessons from palutena

Thanks! I was just using a lazy cutesy style since I didn't really want to go serious on a doodle in school.
And someone already answered your question, so I shouldn't need to repeat.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
:4robinm: is definitely the calmer, more bookish of the tactical twins.

:4robinf: seems to have a wild, dramatic and sassy flair to her.

Not like you all needed a reminder anyway.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Have you been living under a rock? I thought you fire/flying types smashed those.
...Well, um...

Charizards aren't known for being tech-savvy. We are wild animals. :006:

...Which makes me a freak of nature.

Look the other way people i'm an abomination

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
...Well, um...

*MaskO'Gears likes this*

Isn't that horrible? XD

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
...Well, um...

Not you not, your a Charizard. Your adorable X3.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

So, as I mentioned in the Lucina thread, I used Spotpass for the first time since around Pokémon X and Y coming out while walking around campus, and not only did I get quite a few FE:A hits (which surprised me), but I also got a lot for SSB. If Street Smash is anything to go by, we have quite a few Robin mains here.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Of course it can.

People just like barely 10% of the game right now. You don't know what you're talking about. I don't know what I'm talking about. No one knows what they are talking about. We won't get a vaguely clear image of how this game plays until we all have Gamecube controllers in our hands, a few thousand grand on the line, and pride cast forth before an endless sea of eyes. Then we will see Smash 4.
You should write a book or essay Hong. That post was just... magnificent.

Top Bottom