• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
If any Zelda stage should be dropped for Hyrule Castle it should be Bridge of Eldin.

Any way we still don't know all of the stages left in Smash Wii U, maybe the entire stage list can be pushed to 55.
Likes x 1000. Serious. I can't believe we didn't think of the Bridge of Eldin. I mean serious, I would much prefer Hyrule castle to Bridge of Eldin, MUCH.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow. Robin was robbed pretty hard by that Mario Kart 7 stage.
Mario Kart 8 actually and that stage is probably getting banned. It looked so cool too...

It gets the honor of being better than Brawl Mario Circuit which is strangely in this game too.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Yeah, I'm personally leaning towards banned on that one. Track interfered way too many times when the stage itself was moving around. The STOPPED parts themselves are fine, but there shouldn't be walls periodically showing up that just might happen to save your opponent.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Yeah, I'm personally leaning towards banned on that one. Track interfered way too many times when the stage itself was moving around. The STOPPED parts themselves are fine, but there shouldn't be walls periodically showing up that just might happen to save your opponent.
Are there any other stages that you think should be banned? I hope Skyloft isn't one. It's too pretty.

Wow, Windy Hill's ceiling is surprisingly low.

Robin will enjoy killing at 90 with Levin Uair there.
What about the Bumpers? Do they cripple recovering players?

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Are there any other stages that you think should be banned? I hope Skyloft isn't one. It's too pretty.

What about the Bumpers? Do they cripple recovering players?
The bumpers have been fine thus far, nothing crazy has happened. They aren't even always there.

My preliminary legal list:

Town & City
Big Battlefield (Providing it can't be circle-camped in singles)
Duck Hunt
Coliseum*
Miiverse
Pilotwings
Windy Hill
Mario Galaxy*
Skyloft
Wii Fit Studio*
Wuhu Island
Wooly World* (Possible circle?)
Smashville
Battlefield
Kongo 64
Final Destination (and Omegas)
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Delfino
Norfair
Pokemon Stadium 2

For a total of 22 stages. Stages marked with Asterisks I would only keep if walk-offs remain okay. So far in playtesting they haven't been an extreme problem due to the absence of CG's.

Norfair and PS2 may stay, might not. Depends on how much people complain. With 20 other stages I'm not willing to deal with the headache again trying to convince people.

I'm also considering Orbital Gate Assault and Garden of Hope, because I haven't played on them enough yet. (Or at all, in GoH's case)

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
The bumpers have been fine thus far, nothing crazy has happened. They aren't even always there.

Town & City
Duck Hunt
Coliseum*
Miiverse
Pilotwings
Windy Hill
Mario Galaxy*
Skyloft
Wii Fit Studio*
Wuhu Island
Smashville
Battlefield
Kongo 64
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Delfino
Norfair
Pokemon Stadium 2

For a total of 22 stages. Stages marked with Asterisks I would only keep if walk-offs remain okay. So far in playtesting they haven't been an extreme problem due to the absence of CG's.

Norfair and PS2 may stay, might not. Depends on how much people complain. With 20 other stages I'm not willing to deal with the headache again trying to convince people.

I'm also considering Orbital Gate Assault and Garden of Hope, because I haven't played on them enough yet. (Or at all, in GoH's case)
But battle field has be fine in a previous installments, what makes this one any different?

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

Town & City
Duck Hunt
Coliseum*
Miiverse
Pilotwings
Windy Hill
Mario Galaxy*
Skyloft
Wii Fit Studio*
Wuhu Island
Smashville
Battlefield
Kongo 64
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Delfino
Norfair
Pokemon Stadium 2

Wait, Pokémon Stadium 2 is for sure back? Ewww, no, I thought we were finally rid of that curse. At least between the two versions we have at least three stages based on ACTUAL game locations. Even if it's not the best stage, I would have rather had Spear Pillar because it actually exists.

Seriously, though, never got some of their Pokémon stage choices. Melee could have had Mt. Silver, or Tin/Bell Tower, or the Ecruteak Dance Theater or something else Johto. Instead of Stadium 2 in Brawl, we could have gotten the Cave of Origin, or Sky Pillar, Battle Frontier, Sootopolis, New Mauville... Or so many more.

Sorry, Pokémon fan rant there. I'm just sick of my favorite franchise getting stuck with the incredibly generic Stadium stages that barely have anything to do with the franchise except vaguely representing types. Even Pokéfloats at least featured the actual Pokémon.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

I come bearing a gift, my tacticians.
Looks like that Mario Kart 8 stage will be banned in tournaments, if your video was of any indication.

Seriously, you should have had that match in the bag, not that I'm saying that the Lucario player wasn't incredible (which is far from it).

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
*shrug*

It was a spontaneous informal 7-person tourney in the basement of my house, lol. I'm over it. We learn, and we move on.

(I also got 2nd place obviously)

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Still, it looks like the stage lineup is more balanced than the 3DS version's. In that game we had, uh...(discounting the Omega stages)

• Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Arena Ferox
  • Prism Tower
I think? Meanwhile, this game seems to have more viable stages for tournament play, which is another plus towards getting it.

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
Tomodachi Life isn't bad either.

But it seems Sakurai is actively destroying stages that are fine at first sight. (Demonstration: Yoshi's Woolly World)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
Stocks in this game aren't as long as they were on average in Brawl, but there's enough situations where they ARE.

3 stocks is probably the most we can comfortably play. 2 Stock is only a thing because Sakurai made it a thing, of course.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Man, it's been a while since I've visited here.. *Stupid Alert system*

Have a gif.

e473c.gif

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't know where else to say this atm, so I'll vent here.
I have just obtained the rarest of treasures, in any game ever made...

The Pure Bladestone.

This ****ing rock. This thing caused to quit playing my favorite game for a year. After what is probably several days and hundreds of dead skeletons of work, I finally got the damn thing to drop.
So goddamn happy right now. Now that I have this one, I'm going to dupe it and make every possible weapon upgrade with it out of spite.

If you want a taste of what I just went through, just visit any thread with its name in the title (there are many) and read what poor Demon's Souls players have to say.

BTW, I'm going to tie this in to Fire Emblem. I hate level grinding in Awakening. I don't have DLC, and it is exhausting and not fun. But AT LEAST because it's leveling, at least it's slow progress towards a goal. But grinding for drops is the most garbage, time-wasting thing and no game should ever have it. There is only so much **** I can take from the Random Number Gods before I find something more fun and productive to do.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
@ Raziek Raziek - If you have the time, would you mind doing a few 1 v 1s against my Robin? I seriously need to improve.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Wait, Pokémon Stadium 2 is for sure back? Ewww, no, I thought we were finally rid of that curse. At least between the two versions we have at least three stages based on ACTUAL game locations. Even if it's not the best stage, I would have rather had Spear Pillar because it actually exists.

Seriously, though, never got some of their Pokémon stage choices. Melee could have had Mt. Silver, or Tin/Bell Tower, or the Ecruteak Dance Theater or something else Johto. Instead of Stadium 2 in Brawl, we could have gotten the Cave of Origin, or Sky Pillar, Battle Frontier, Sootopolis, New Mauville... Or so many more.

Sorry, Pokémon fan rant there. I'm just sick of my favorite franchise getting stuck with the incredibly generic Stadium stages that barely have anything to do with the franchise except vaguely representing types. Even Pokéfloats at least featured the actual Pokémon.
they wouldn't be so bad if they didn't feel so generic, the changes they make don't really feel all that interesting, they are definitely my least favorite of the Pokemon stages.
It'd be cool if Colisseum had some mechanic trying to resemble more the purpose of its location, like, if a player beats a certain character, they get an item as a reward (just...don't make it as unbalanced as in WarioWare)

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

I come bearing a gift, my tacticians.
WOW! INCREDIBLE!!! :surprised:

Seriously, those were some absolutely amazing matches between :4robinf: and :4lucario:! I only hope that one day I can become as skilled and well versed with Robin as you are.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I thought I already had an S support with @ Drakonis Drakonis . :4robinf::4robinm:
Last time I checked, that was still the case. I mean, we might not interact quite as often anymore, but you know what they say... Absence makes the heart grow fonder!
And everytime I read a post from you:

'Tis true. It is said Dracula rises again at the turn of the century.

Though Dracula is nowhere near as evil.
What is a ship?

I shall ready my pity glands for maximum output.

And spice up the advice device.
I might ask you for a match or two one of these days. I could use some more training. Probably not today though.

Top Bottom