• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Panne and Yarne have never impressed me terribly, but Yarne does get my second-favorite crit quote of all time.

"No, you go extinct!"

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
How worth it are the Spot Pass characters? Like the ones from the other games and such?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
How worth it are the Spot Pass characters? Like the ones from the other games and such?
Not remotely. Other Avatars from StreetPass, however, can be quite fun from time to time.

I object on the grounds that he has yet to sing-a.
About the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
10307379_1564828157134380_5878461185415116664_n.jpg

Get Rektcalibured.

Rikter

Smash Cadet
That is honestly the main reason I never liked Micaiah unable to double for like the entire game. That and all the other things to make her oh so unique and everything felt so forced. Then again I disliked the entire Dawn Brigade chapters for the characters you had to use aside from Nolan and Jill.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Aside from gameplay department, wuite a shame how Micaiah fell pretty much on shambels with the story and character relatability department (from what I've heard)- I really like her design.

They could have really used fixing and stitching her up to at least feel as natural as the lords before her.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I liked that you had a non-lord lord, as with Ike and the heroes of Gaiden.

But woooooooow she really has nothing going for her in terms of personality.

Hong

The Strongest
Wonder how Robin would fit into that...
Pretty sure Robin only displays a realistic example of strategy maybe once in Awakening with the whole bootleg Fire Emblem thing. Like, do the writers really think it's not silly for Robin to somehow be so convinced that Flavia can throw an axe a billion kilometres into the air with not only so much precision to hit a target, but be guaranteed to incapacitate them? Barring in-game tactics (which are so ridiculous in Awakening, with its vastly de-emphasized positioning), Robin actually seems to be a horrible Tactician given all the examples where Robin displays tactical ability, it's so ridiculous and written in like half-an-hour.

That aside, Robin basically:
Conquered two continents
Is branded
Could in theory descend from Goldoans, much like the Manakete could descend from Goldoans
Defaults as the rightful heir of Plegia
History is... very complicated, with different outcomes. Still knows nothing about their mother and stuff, which is kind of sad.
Is the Avatar of a God.
Can't read minds, but can "see things" others can't
See the future? Robin has lived it.
Can have any hair colour s/he wants basically
Nothing on the magic bird thing
No canon romantic pairing, but is seemingly irresistible to everyone. Can bang the descendant of Soren's possible lover.

Robin annihilates both of them in terms of power. Can literally destroy the world in her or his sleep. :4dedede:
But Robin could double attack. That obviously makes up for all of the blatant over forcing of the character.
And then everyone tells Robin how good s/he is at double attacking!

Wow Robin!

You are so incredible at double attacking! You're a natural at this!

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Pretty sure Robin only displays a realistic example of strategy maybe once in Awakening with the whole bootleg Fire Emblem thing. Like, do the writers really think it's not silly for Robin to somehow be so convinced that Flavia can throw an axe a billion kilometres into the air with not only so much precision to hit a target, but be guaranteed to incapacitate them? Barring in-game tactics (which are so ridiculous in Awakening, with it's vastly de-emphasized positioning), Robin actually seems to be a horrible Tactician.
That aside, Robin basically:
Conquered two continents
Is branded
Could in theory descend from Goldoans, much like the Manakete could descend from Goldoans
Defaults as the rightful heir of Plegia
History is... very complicated, with different outcomes. Still knows nothing about their mother and stuff, which is kind of sad.
Is the Avatar of a God.
Can't read minds, but can "see things" others can't
See the future? Robin has lived it.
Can have any hair colour s/he wants basically
Nothing on the magic bird thing
No canon romantic pairing, but is seemingly irresistible to everyone. Can bang the descendant of Soren's possible lover.
Forgot the most important one.
+ Is in Smash Bros.

Hong

The Strongest
Forgot the most important one.
+ Is in Smash Bros.
While out of the current context, I'd still give the nod towards MIcaiah and a number of other lords over Roy.

Off-topic: SmashBoards avatars are now 150x150 (150x210 for Premium)! Don't forget to update! All your avatars have been upscaled to the new format, so if you don't want a blurry image you should render a larger image.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
After 6 and a half months of 190px tall avatars, the sudden change is jarring.

But hey, more space, so I can't complain too much.

D

Deleted member

While out of the current context, I'd still give the nod towards MIcaiah and a number of other lords over Roy.

Off-topic: SmashBoards avatars are now 150x150 (150x210 for Premium)! Don't forget to update! All your avatars have been upscaled to the new format, so if you don't want a blurry image you should render a larger image.
Well duh.

Anything is better than a piece of cardboard wearing a red wig.

I'm just waiting for an FE rep that doesn't use swords in any way, shape or form.

*Signature*

*Ephraim*

*Hector*

Last edited by a moderator:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
No it isn't odd.

View attachment 40217 is perfect.

>:|
Nah, she's not :p.

<--- Watching over my beloved Robins.
;-;. Hong, why is your avatar look like a more evil version of Ganon?!

Is it okay if I just have The Goddess watch over me?

DOOM'S MYSTIC POWERS ARE MORE THAN A MATCH FOR YOUR OWN.

My face hurts from laughing at your humorous edit there. :b:

Related:

Hm, I never really found Doom that menacing of a villain. Then again, I haven't really gotten into comics books, unfortunately.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Pretty sure Robin only displays a realistic example of strategy maybe once in Awakening with the whole bootleg Fire Emblem thing. Like, do the writers really think it's not silly for Robin to somehow be so convinced that Flavia can throw an axe a billion kilometres into the air with not only so much precision to hit a target, but be guaranteed to incapacitate them? Barring in-game tactics (which are so ridiculous in Awakening, with its vastly de-emphasized positioning), Robin actually seems to be a horrible Tactician given all the examples where Robin displays tactical ability, it's so ridiculous and written in like half-an-hour.
You forget, Robin's faith in others is his true power. His faith gives others strength to do things that would otherwise be impossible. That, or Flavia is just a really good shot.:troll:

And I'm pretty sure Robin has his moments, like turning the Shepherds' own ship into a bomb that destroyed an ENTIRE enemy fleet, or turn his fellow Shepherds into meat shields while Tiki does....whatever it is she does

Hong

The Strongest
;-;. Hong, why is your avatar look like a more evil version of Ganon?!
At the time, my avatar was:

Get it? "Watching over Robins?"

... Whatever.

Also Diablo, the Lord of Evil, VS Ganon, the King of Evil, would be interesting. Neither could kill each other, though I suppose ol' Dibbles would "win" in the sense he can just imprison him and walk away, since his imprisonment spells, while not as hard to dispel, are faster. Eventually Ganny would break free assuming he is stronger than the Nephalem, though.
Hm, I never really found Doom that menacing of a villain.

D

Deleted member

... Whatever.

Also Diablo, the Lord of Evil, VS Ganon, the King of Evil, would be interesting. Neither could kill each other, though I suppose ol' Dibbles would "win" in the sense he can just imprison him and walk away, since his imprisonment spells, while not as hard to dispel, are faster. Eventually Ganny would break free assuming he is stronger than the Nephalem, though.
Don't worry Hongy-senpai I think your current avatar is amazing.

Nah, she's not :p.
You don't even get the Patrick Star Boo GIF.

smh.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Also Diablo, the Lord of Evil,(...)
Weeell, technicly... *puts on nerd glasses*
Diablo is the lord of terror, not of all evil. And Bhaal has him quite handily beat on the power part ever since he escaped Taal Rasha's tomb and shed his mortal coil.
Unless you're going for the Diablo 3 version. Which is more like an amalgomation of all the great evils, so that hardly counts.
And the only terryfying thing about that was that it didn't know when to shut up. Really undermined the fear factor when all I hear is "OH I DIDN'T NEED THAT DEMON LORD FOR MY PLANS ANYWAYS, I'LL KEEP WAITING HERE AND SAY THIS A COUPLE OF MORE TIMES WHILE YOU SLAY ALL THE VITAL PARTS OF MY ARMY!"

Wow, that got surprsingly ranty. And I like Diablo 3. Bottom line, Diablo is a lot more intimidating when "Not even death can save you from me!" or even "laem yreve retfa hteet ruoy hsurb dna selbategev ruoy tea!" is the only thing he says.
Of course, Diablo still looks pretty dang rad in all his incarnations. So that avatar gets a
from me!

On a different note, I also did some more work on this:

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

... Whatever.

Ah. That's cute :3.

Hm, no wonder I didn't know who is was. I have never played any of the Diablo games. He does look cool though :). I guess now.....

IT'S TIME FOR A DEATH BATTLE!!!!

BWHAHAHAHAHA:joyful:. Oh, I can't stop cry! How does that work?!

You don't even get the Patrick Star Boo GIF.

smh.
I thought it was funny. I didn't mean it ;-;. I love Nah. She's adorable :happysheep:

What does smh mean anyway?

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I'd wager Virion could very well be the one in Flavia's place at that moment, but I suppose IntSys thought Flavia was a better choice, for some reason, because Virion could have been disabled via being "killed" in gameplay (Virion can't be killed because he's plot important at some point, even if it's pretty minor imo, but like all the mothers, he won't be playable anymore, as he is wounded.not that it matters. archers arent very good in awakening) at that point. Still kinda stupid, because any archer npc could take his place. I'd say IntSys just wanted to make Flavia and Basilio more important in that mission.
It's for that reason that I think the bad writing is to blame in this and other cases. At least, in game universe and canonically, people say Robin is extremely talented for war tactics, even if most of the examples weren't really good, so...
I did like that thing he did with the fire emblem and Basilio's "death" and the flaming ships, though.
I suppose Robin doesn't give much tips on strategies during actual game parts because they wanted to keep his pseudo-semi-avatar identity, but I'll always call BS on that.

oO Oh my, so making your OC with FE:A sprites has become a thing now?
Bleh, I'm too lazy right now for that. Maybe later.:upsidedown:

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
More offtopic but....

After seeing what people can do, I'm sure we will have a F!Robin Amiibo as soon as Robin amiibo gets released.

Saw it here.

Stahp the wall papers :3
Nah, I still have no idea how my OC looks anyway.
I'll get it done as soon as I have a start, though. It does look fun.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
More offtopic but....

After seeing what people can do, I'm sure we will have a F!Robin Amiibo as soon as Robin amiibo gets released.

Saw it here.

Nah, I still have no idea how my OC looks anyway.
I'll get it done as soon as I have a start, though. It does look fun.
If we ever even get the Robin Amiibos.

D

Deleted member

Top Bottom