• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
I'd buy other company reps if they were offered. Not worried about what's 'fair', I am worried about what exists and can be purchased. If they added Namco's Valkyrie, I'd go for it. If they added Sega's Ryo Hazuki, I'd buy it.

As it is, we're getting Ryu. I'm okay with that.

D

Deleted member

So what do you guys think about the possibility of Roy coming back and Ryu getting in the roster? Yay or nay?
Nay.
I'm not a fan of Roy. I don't think that he'll add too much to the roster other than be a reverse Marth with a fire sword. I want to be impressed, but I have severe doubts. I guess he could represent the GBA games, though I prefer Lyn for that role.
As for Ryu, eh. I rather have other 3rd party characters like Bomberman and I prefer other Capcom characters like Amaterasu and Phoenix Wright over Ryu.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
To be completely honest
I think Roy returning is a horrible decision

We don't need three Marth clones. If Nintendo was really that desperate for a clone character, I can think of many characters that would be more unique even if they were clones. Roy adds nothing to the roster. If they're doing it just for GBA FE representation, then add Lyn, Eirika, or Ephraim instead

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I'd rather have Snake back then have Ryu join the fight. Though honestly I feel like if we get another rep from each of these 3rd parties then it's not gonna feel like smash anymore. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it. It's just that it's going to become the gaming version of Jump Star Vs. but instead with Nintendo featuring Sega, Capcom, and Namco.

Which does sound like a cool idea, but then again that's why we have Mugen.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I can't support either Roy or Ryu, personally. I don't see what people see in Roy, and I don't feel Ryu fits in properly with the tone Smash sets, especially under Sakurai's direction.

I suppose I've been wrong before - see also Lucina, Snake - but the fact that I'm basically echoing everyone else at this point suggests otherwise.

Just wait a few years till you see all the Sonic OCs i've been gathering, it will be the greatest ban comeback of all time :4sonic:
All your OCs have done naught but made me stronger. They cannot harm me now, I am invincible. :4falcon:

Last edited:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Though out of everything, I hope the day never comes to where I'll see this on a Smash game case.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I'm indifferent on both characters, though Roy seems more unnecessary given Lucina, even if he has more differences.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
So what do you guys think about the possibility of Roy coming back and Ryu getting in the roster? Yay or nay?
Hrm. I don't really know either of the characters all that well, but I'll have to say nay, for Roy at least. All he has is a flaming sword. No more Marth clones. Please Sakurai.

On another note. Happy 25th anniversary fire emblem! May you keep being an awesome game series for years to come. In celebration of this event, here's a video one of the top people on serenesforest did:

My life is complete.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So r/spongebros is a thing where they tie smash content with spongebob (because everything can be related to spongebob), and I'm loving it.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Happy 25th anniversary, Fire Emblem! Here's to another 25 years of riding together to victory.

Anyways, I found this on tumblr, and oh my god this is so effin' cute.

tumblr-so-effin-cute.jpg

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
If they just make Roy as an alt for Marth or Lucina then I'd be fine, but please don't give him an entire character slot.

Ryu on the other hand is a cool choice I think. And it makes sense considering he's from a fighting game series that has had plenty of exposure on Nintendo consoles. Although I do share peoples sentiments that Capcom already has a rep, plus people would probably start screaming "CAPCOM vs. NINTENDO" CONFIRMED! Besides if we're going for 3rd party fighters, let's get some Banjo-Kazooie going! Maybe even some Final Fantasy? *cough*TerraBranford4Smash*cough*

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Isaac from Golden Sun => Phoenix Wright > the rest
(I say => because I want both equally, but Isaac has a far greater chance of actually getting in)

Apart from those two, there isn't really anyone else I'd want as DLC, except maybe the return of Snake.

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Hrm. I don't really know either of the characters all that well, but I'll have to say nay, for Roy at least. All he has is a flaming sword. No more Marth clones. Please Sakurai.

On another note. Happy 25th anniversary fire emblem! May you keep being an awesome game series for years to come. In celebration of this event, here's a video one of the top people on serenesforest did:

My life is complete.
Oh gods, I lost it at Miriel's, then Libra's, then WALHART'S. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Also, I would really hate if Roy came back over the other vastly more interesting FE Lords, and I don't think we need more Marth clones. I can't say much about Ryu, but I would rather we get someone from a different company before getting second helpings from Capcom.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
EIGHT-HUNDRED PAGES!!!
Huzzah!

Come on my fellow tacticians.....

WE RIDE TOGETHER!!!!

Nay.
I'm not a fan of Roy. I don't think that he'll add too much to the roster other than be a reverse Marth with a fire sword. I want to be impressed, but I have severe doubts. I guess he could represent the GBA games, though I prefer Lyn for that role.
As for Ryu, eh. I rather have other 3rd party characters like Bomberman and I prefer other Capcom characters like Amaterasu and Phoenix Wright over Ryu.
Oh gods, I lost it at Miriel's, then Libra's, then WALHART'S. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Also, I would really hate if Roy came back over the other vastly more interesting FE Lords, and I don't think we need more Marth clones. I can't say much about Ryu, but I would rather we get someone from a different company before getting second helpings from Capcom.
To be completely honest
I think Roy returning is a horrible decision

We don't need three Marth clones. If Nintendo was really that desperate for a clone character, I can think of many characters that would be more unique even if they were clones. Roy adds nothing to the roster. If they're doing it just for GBA FE representation, then add Lyn, Eirika, or Ephraim instead
Then how about Young Link? :D

Anyone?
Question.

What is the origins of this joke?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
There's no chance Dante would ever happen.

Could you imagine trying to pick only FOUR special moves for him?

Dude has like 50+ moves in Marvel, and that's a game with a significantly more complex input system than Smash offers.

Edit: The actual number, upon further research, is 41.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
nailed my exact sentiments on another Capcom rep, I suppose Ryu is still better than Morrigan (why people want her in when she only appeared through crossover games and believe Darkstalkers was ever that big, I've no idea).

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

My life is complete.
Inigo is not put in the Dancer model.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956

Dude has like 50+ moves in Marvel, and that's a game with a significantly more complex input system than Smash offers.

Also, Dante has less connections to Nintendo than Ryu does.

No way in Hell is Dante getting into Smash.
C wut I did thar?:troll:

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Couldn't that also apply to Ryu also?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Ruy has like, 5ish major ones, and most of them are variantions.

Up-B: Shoryuken
Side-b: Tatsumaki
Neutral B: Hadoken
Down B: Focus Attack

Boom, done, I did it.
Whoa, not bad.

Though you forgot his final smash

Final Smash: Kamahameha

:troll:.

No, not really.

Nice to see ya again, BTDubs.
Hi NonSpecificGuy :). How are you?

Uh, who's BTDubs?

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Huzzah!

Come on my fellow tacticians.....

WE RIDE TOGETHER!!!!

Then how about Young Link? :D

Anyone?

Question.

What is the origins of this joke?
The origin of the joke is that Sonic was originally designed by Sega to be a "cooler, hipper, and all around radder" protagonist than Mario. But years later Sega decided Sonic wasn't "edgy" enough anymore, so they cloned Vegeta made Shadow. A Sonic the Hedgehog character so "edgy" he got to use GUNS! AND SWEAR! (At least in his game anyway)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
My life is complete.
*sees Morgan in Dancer outfit*
*immediately vomits*

Aside from that pretty cool stuff...Libra in the Bride class is great. :rotfl:

Last edited:

Papero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Paperio
Ryu will be a Mega Man clone, obviously.

If Roy is really coming back, that'd be hilarious. "Chrom would be too similar to Ike. by the way, here's female Marth and red hair Marth."
Myrmidon Sumia reminds me of new IF myrmidon. Too bad her eyes aren't closed anymore, she'd be the perfect Sumia!Henry child.

Also, I would want that Walhart.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Ruy has like, 5ish major ones, and most of them are variantions.

Up-B: Shoryuken
Side-b: Tatsumaki
Neutral B: Hadoken
Down B: Focus Attack

Boom, done, I did it.
and thus, the world is saved from another potential Smash moveset argument

But pretty much agreed, Dante would be a pain to translate, Ryu wouldn't be, which is why someone more out there like Phoenix Wright should be the potential Capcom 2nd rep!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Nay to both.
I would prefer a large number of options to both characters.
For Melee clones I'd rather see both Pichu and Young Link before Roy. Yeah.
For clones in general there's too many to list.
For Capcom characters, Amaterasu and Jill/Leon from Resident Evil. Don't really care about Street Fighter whatsoever.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Nay to both.
I would prefer a large number of options to both characters.
For Melee clones I'd rather see both Pichu and Young Link before Roy. Yeah.
For clones in general there's too many to list.
For Capcom characters, Amaterasu and Jill/Leon from Resident Evil. Don't really care about Street Fighter whatsoever.
What a scrub :4robinf:

Top Bottom