• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Registering for the Fall Semester began for me. I managed to get all the classes I wanted. So happy.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
You know I wish that female Kamui had pants. I mean, what makes male Kamui so special? Why does HE get them?
Just like with Grandmaster Robin, I didn't notice that until it got pointed out. Huh.
It was dumb then, it's still dumb now.
At least they share the stupidity when it comes to footware.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
So, which retro stages would you guys like to see come back through DLC?
I'd like to see just about every other stage from 64 (Kongo Jungle is my least favorite stage in that game, but I like just about everything else, even if Planet Zebes is redundant with Norfair/Brinstar around); Brinstar Depths, Poke Floats, Green Greens and maybe Fourside from Melee; and Spear Pillar, Summit and Pirate Ship from Brawl.
I probably wouldn't buy any of the other stages unless they came bundled in a pack with the rest that I want or something.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I'd like to see just about every other stage from 64 (Kongo Jungle is my least favorite stage in that game, but I like just about everything else, even if Planet Zebes is redundant with Norfair/Brinstar around); Brinstar Depths, Poke Floats, Green Greens and maybe Fourside from Melee; and Spear Pillar, Summit and Pirate Ship from Brawl.
I probably wouldn't buy any of the other stages unless they came bundled in a pack with the rest that I want or something.
No Fountain of Dreams? I'm dissapointed

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Just like with Grandmaster Robin, I didn't notice that until it got pointed out. Huh.
It was dumb then, it's still dumb now.
At least they share the stupidity when it comes to footware.
*Ahem*
Sorry I liked your post so fast Drakonis. That's how strongly I agree with that.
It's like every female version of a character ever created are required to not have pants of any kind. And Fire Emblem Awakening/If is one of the worst offenders.
It's actually rather unfair - Male Kamui gets to keep his pants by virtue of being male, but Female Kamui gets...stripper stockings and a loincloth? What? Is it to emphasis that it's a female? Or maybe her bare thighs are a "plot point" like the bare feet?

These characters are our Avatars, which means we're supposed to identify with them. Robin has a completely gender neutral costume that works. Kamui does as well - except that the female version is more sexualized because there's some inherent rule that female characters must be sexualized to an extent. If I were a female player I would find that rather annoying...although I would probably be used to it at this point. :/

It's so insignificant, and that's why it bothers me so damn much. Why sacrifice the design consistency between the two Kamuis just to show an infinitesimal amount of skin?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
@ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal , 'fraid not bra. I can't afford it right now, and even if I could, I'm determined to 100% this game's story mode before moving on.

Out of interest, and 'cos I love to chat BlazBlue with others, who do you play?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
All I need is:
From Smash 64: Hyrule Castle
From Melee: Brinstar Depths and Poke Floats
From Brawl: Hanenbow, Mario Bros. and New Pork City

I would say Pirate Ship, but I feel like everyone knows deep down that stage should have never been cut.
Especially in place of Mario Circuit and 75m, the **** were they thinking.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
-FOUNTAIN OF DREAMS
-Saffron City
-Melee Yoshi's Story
-Fourside
-Pokefloats
-Melee Princess Peach's Castle
-New Pork City (purely because Mother 3 bias)

EDIT: And the 64 Zelda castle.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
nope, Fountain of Dreams is pretty and has a nice track, but it's just another simple platform stage, I have enough of those in Smash 4.
We really don't. Smashville, Battlefield, Duck Hunt, Halberd, Lylat, Yoshi's Island on the 3DS, and Windy Hill are pretty much the only ones that qualify. Every other stage has some dynamic element to it that changes up the landscape. 7 stages out of 40 or so?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
We really don't. Smashville, Battlefield, Duck Hunt, Halberd, Lylat, Yoshi's Island on the 3DS, and Windy Hill are pretty much the only ones that qualify. Every other stage has some dynamic element to it that changes up the landscape. 7 stages out of 40 or so?
And even then, a lot of those stages still have interfering elements like the Combo cannon or the ceiling high platform in Duck Hunt.
I'd say having like 10 stages with Battlefield-esc. layout would be fine. Which we probably would have if not for obnoxious stage hazards. Still hate Yellow Devil.

God, I've complained a lot today. :urg:

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
nope, Fountain of Dreams is pretty and has a nice track, but it's just another simple platform stage, I have enough of those in Smash 4.
>is still pissed that Lylat was nerfed into a generic Battlefield
I'll never stop complaining about this

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Fountain of Dreams is also different because of the understage walls, small horizontal blast zones, and very high vertical ones.
It was Melee Zelda's best stage, so I really want it back.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
N64: Saffron City, Sector Z, Hyrule Castle, Mushroom Kingdom
Melee: Fountain of Dreams (mostly for seeing it in GLORIOUS HD), Pokéfloats
Brawl: Pirate Ship, Shadow Moses Island (because it'd mean Snake comes back and potentially new codecs)
3DS: Rainbow Road, Gerudo Valley, F-Zero, Arena Ferox, Magicant (mostly for seeing it in GLORIOUS HD), Spirit Train

I'm kinda surprised that the stages I'm missing the most are N64 or 3DS exclusives...
Then again, most good Melee and Brawl stages are already in the game.

Rikter

Smash Cadet
Am I weird for wanting to main Robin despite how much I disliked Awakening as a Fire Emblem game? I actually feel like I need to get this answered before I commit to this.

As for Retro Stages Fountain of Dreams would be nice.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Not too weird. I had Wario and DDD as secondaries in Brawl, and I'm neutral about the Kirby series and Wario Land, and utterly abhor Warioware with an unbridled passion.

It just comes down to playstyle preference.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
What about all the omega versions?
Most of the stages you enlisted to have a little more to make them differ themselves for me to consider them simple platform stages, all I see in Fountain of Dreams is platforms appearing in middle of the stage every now and then. There's no need for a hazard of sort on every stage, but at least make the layout a bit more different than something like Battlefield or Final Destination.
I know it's probably blasphemy for competitive players, but a reason I like stages in Smash is because they actually make a difference as to what you choose, whereas in nearly every other fighting game it's simply a boring background change, which makes choosing stage entirely pointless unless cosmetic differences really matter that much.
There's probably more to Fountain of Dreams that I'm not seeing as I play Smash purely for chaotic fun only maybe turning items off, but as I stand, I only see another basic platform stage I don't really care if it comes back or not.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
You specified "simple platform stage" in your criteria, so I ruled omega stages out.

If you apply more platform combinations, then eventually, they're going to increase in size to account for the combinations,, and then you have circle camping issues at hand; if Pyrosphere didn't have Ridley, it would be banned in competitive play anyway because Sonic and Wario would have a field day there. And that's not even considering Gaur Plain without Metal Face.

FoD is well-liked because it's basically a subtly-changing Battlefield - the platforms elevate and lower just slow enough that platform games can be utilized, and also just fast enough to where the gameplay doesn't feel static and flat. Characters with weak air games and characters with weak ground games get an equal level of advantage here.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Am I weird for wanting to main Robin despite how much I disliked Awakening as a Fire Emblem game? I actually feel like I need to get this answered before I commit to this.

As for Retro Stages Fountain of Dreams would be nice.
Nah :cheep:
Liking a game and liking a character are two different things.
Say what, I will tell you something: I don't like Samus or Megaman's games. Was never really into plataforms, anyway, but I still like their characters and what they represent, and playing them in smash is fun, so if I like or not the game from which they come from, it doesn't matter.
Also, welcome to the thread.:cheep:

Having potential =/= that potential being utilized. Especially since Young Link was already playable. If Young Link is brought back, like other veterans, he'd be almost exactly the same, no real changes. Toon Link has the exact same potential, and Ganondorf has far more potential that what he's got. Where has that potential been utilized?

It doesn't matter what potential is there. Its NOT going to happen. Plus, the trios you have are at least separate characters (except Mario and Doc, but Luigi is separate and way different from Mario/Doc, no way that'll happen with three Links; three Links would probably be WORSE).

The fact of the matter is, no matter what version of Link you're using, Link is still Link. YES they are different Link's. But the core concept is the same no matter which version of Link it is. And as we've seen with characters similar to one another, like Dr. Mario and Young/Toon Link, if they are mostly the same in concept, they'll do roughly the same thing. They were created because they could be easy clones. And Roy is coming back... probably only because he's only an easy clone.

This argument has been made before. However, the potential has existed right from the start. Sakurai won't use it because he doesn't see the need to. We'd probably get Ganon before Young Link.
Thanks, this is exactly how I feel about Young Link but could never put it in words:happysheep:
I'm sorry, @Unknown Hero, but this is the biggest reason I can't really vouch for Young Link: Sakurai wouldn't feel the need to change him. Just look at Mewtwo, there aren't much changes from his Melee counterpart, and he's not even a clone.
Any potential change Young Link could have, Toon Link has too.

I can accept Doc because even if he's the same character with a clone gameplay, at least he's different from Mario, visually.
Pitto and Lucina are clones from Pit and Marth, respectively, but two different characters altogether. Same goes for Roy, as much as I hate him.
It would make Young Link the same character as Link and Toon Link, with the same visual and same gameplay, basically. That's why accepting him becomes harder for me.
Sorry, dear.:sadsheep:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, I'm in class right now...

And we want more Kirby stages. Really, I just want more music.
Agreed.

I personally would like to see some of the stuff from Squeak Squad come in,

That one in particular ^,

I was really glad that Butter Building made a return, that's my favorite track from all of Kirby's music, basically.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Agreed.

I personally would like to see some of the stuff from Squeak Squad come in,

That one in particular ^,

I was really glad that Butter Building made a return, that's my favorite track from all of Kirby's music, basically.
That song is in. It's the Forest/Nature area theme from Kirby and the Amazing Mirror.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
@ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal , 'fraid not bra. I can't afford it right now, and even if I could, I'm determined to 100% this game's story mode before moving on.

Oh dear, it's been a long time since I touched BB, haha. And I do recall story mode taking me awhile also. Anyways, I started off as Ragna in CT. In CS 1 I started by maining Ragna and subbing Mu-12 and by the time CP came out, I have completely ditched Ragna for Mu. This also meant that with my incredibly short and very casual experience with GGAC+R I naturally gravitated to Dizzy.

Who do you play?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

I played Hazama from CS until Chrono Phantasma. Chrono Phantasma made all his optimal combos really really hard and I don't have the tech-skill for constant micro-dashes, so I switched to Terumi.

Probably won't be playing the next version because Terumi is garbage bin tier according to Japan.

Top Bottom