• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
What is with everyone changing their avatars? I used to be able to instantly tell who's posting just by their profile pics... but now... Gah.
I like Moydow's because their always consistently Pheonix Wright stuff, but Weeman being C-Falcon just bothers me.
Anyways, back to topic. I find these puns...

Quite Punderful.
I have to agree with this, every time I see a new avatar I do a double take.

I've had varying success with chaining arcfire. I find it more reliable to just do the levin sword followup. I go for the arc fire chain if I feel it will work though.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I'm honestly still on the fence on whether or not double arcfire combos are worth it because while it does add in some damage it also requires you to spend another usage of your best spacing tool just for that purpose and it's not as if we have that many arcfire usage before it has to recharge.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
hey im trying to pick up robin. can anyone tell me how to chain an arcfire into another arcfire
You have to hit the opponent with the first Arcfire at just the right distance, then immediately jump forward slightly and fire off another one. If done correctly, the opponent will be launched out of the first one and into the oncoming second one.

However, due to the situational and difficult nature of this particular combo, it's not always the most practical option. A Levin F-Air out of Arcfire is usually the superior option, as it's much more reliable and can still chain into additional strikes for further damage.

D

Deleted member

I honestly don't go for double Arcfires too often.
I can see how it can be useful and practical, but I mainly try to go for Levin Sword forward air or up air or even a Thoron.
The thing with double Arcfire is that it, of course, it takes up two uses of Arcfire. I rather conserve the uses for other offensive approaches, edge guarding, or defending myself when I am recovering.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I honestly don't go for double Arcfires too often.
I can see how it can be useful and practical, but I mainly try to go for Levin Sword forward air or up air or even a Thoron.
The thing with double Arcfire is that it, of course, it takes up two uses of Arcfire. I rather conserve the uses for other offensive approaches, edge guarding, or defending myself when I am recovering.
Why not try to grab them? Or Nosfuratu?

Sorry Raz.

Not sorry.
The thing I find funny is that if you stuff that up, your Elwind would have run out preventing you from recovering again. Would have actually been very funny if you discard Elwin Tome hit Raziek.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
You would gif that one.

Maybe I should comb through the vids and just make a full on montage of me bopping you. :p
"When Nairplane Strikes Back" sounds like a lot more exciting than "But for Raziek it was Tuesday" though. =P

ActionShot

Smash Cadet
NNID
Actionshot35
I'm honestly still on the fence on whether or not double arcfire combos are worth it because while it does add in some damage it also requires you to spend another usage of your best spacing tool just for that purpose and it's not as if we have that many arcfire usage before it has to recharge.
Double Arcfire probably isn't worth it, but Arcfire -> Nosferatu is pure style.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
why would you reveal my own editing attempt atrocity? :104:
Failure makes you stronger.
Let that madness become your strenght,
make that frustration you feel your ultimate motivation,
flip everyone and everything off,
and set for your own editing path.
For you shall, too, become a lord of the Shadows,
and when i am gone you shall carry on my legacy
and torment LIQUID12A LIQUID12A with Sonic OCs everyday.

Sorry Raz.

Not sorry.
Are you the guy with glasses laughing? Or is that Raz?
EDIT: Aaaaaand i just doule posted, sorry Raz

Last edited by a moderator:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
pls

that's racist

racists are illegal

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Hey, I'm awake now. Posting time.

Well that explains everything.

I've already secured my account. Pretty hyped for Splatoon, actually, so I suppose now I'll be a horrible scrub in multiple games.

hey im trying to pick up robin. can anyone tell me how to chain an arcfire into another arcfire
Another Pika?

Sup brah.

What is with everyone changing their avatars? I used to be able to instantly tell who's posting just by their profile pics... but now... Gah.
I know one person you shouldn't have that issue with.

You mean broken?
:troll:
Nah, just broke. :troll:

Sorry Raz.
Dat bop. Poor Raz.

I kind of want to see this now though:
Maybe I should comb through the vids and just make a full on montage of me bopping you. :p

In other other news, I could use some action, if anyone's still up for games. Mind, as ever, that I am the scrubbiest of scrubs.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
You would gif that one.

You could make a montage gif of you bopping the entire Robin community here and it wouldn't end.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Just out of curiosity how do you add people? I never learned how to do it.
Jump into your Friends list (can be found in either the 3DS or Wii U's home screen and the Wii U's home menu) and register a friend from the Internet. Slap in our NNID for Wii U or Friend Code for 3DS. If we don't have it posted in our details on the left, you'll have to get it; ask for a PM if necessary. Then, the other party will also need your NNID or Friend Code to do the same.

Once both parties have registered, you're set. You can add people without asking first, but it won't offer any sort of notification to the other party, so they'll have no idea to add you unless you say elsewhere. Your 3DS will hold such requests indefinitely, but the Wii U clears unrequited requests out thirty days from their date of entry.

You should try this with my codes to the left so I can play a damn game I'm antsy tonight for scientific verification.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Is that it?

(refresh my memory, what is the ban hammer again?)
A legendary weapon wielded by many moderators and system administrators across the internet, used to put unruly trolls and vandals back under the bridge, and keep them there. It strikes with the force of a million infractions. Unlike the Levin Sword, this weapon has infinite uses, and can be used as many times as one wishes; however, intelligent and reasoned usage of such a powerful tool is the mark of a truly wise moderator, and excessive usage of the banhammer may result in the removal of one's ability to use it.

"Hitting with the banhammer" is a joke term used to refer to what a moderator/administrator does when banning someone from a site.

Last edited:

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
Jump into your Friends list (can be found in either the 3DS or Wii U's home screen and the Wii U's home menu) and register a friend from the Internet. Slap in our NNID for Wii U or Friend Code for 3DS. If we don't have it posted in our details on the left, you'll have to get it; ask for a PM if necessary. Then, the other party will also need your NNID or Friend Code to do the same.

Once both parties have registered, you're set. You can add people without asking first, but it won't offer any sort of notification to the other party, so they'll have no idea to add you unless you say elsewhere. Your 3DS will hold such requests indefinitely, but the Wii U clears unrequited requests out thirty days from their date of entry.

You should try this with my codes to the left so I can play a damn game I'm antsy tonight for scientific verification.
Haha, I'll add you. Just not tonight. I've got lots of stuff I have to do tomorrow. No time for videogames.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You would gif that one.

Here's a better idea.

Make a demotivational PSA using all those clips where you destroy others to promote the "Bopped by Raziek Support Group".

Show your achievements of crushing others with your mighty books and blades, and make the rest stupidly challenge you dare the others to face you in battle.

Think about it, it's a great idea.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why not try to grab them? Or Nosfuratu?
I sometimes grab, but grabbing can be an inferior option in terms of knockback. The most satisfying, and arguably most useful throw, is his back throw. I'll do it if I have no other options, but it's a pretty inferior one in my eyes.
Nosferatu is very hard to land and follow up with, so I rarely use it in general.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom